How many of you will get Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 289 comments

Are you getting Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Yes

Votes: 216 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 49 15.3%

• Total voters
U could also try Gran Turismo 2 (wich works beautifully on the psp system), but u need a hacked PSP (hope this does not go against the AUP)

I live in the countryside and have 0.3mb broadband. Hacking isn't an option. Downloading large files from anywhere, PSN or any Hacking sites, is a pain. 3 hours for Crash Bandicoot Warped on PSN. :(:grumpy:

psn version cheaper? That would be a first timer.

I also consider the wipeout psp games the best psp race games..... untill GTm arrives of course :)

psn version cheaper? That would be a first timer.

"Which version of Tiger Woods 10 should I buy? The £10 UMD on Amazon or the £30 Digital copy from PSP Store" An example of PSN's pricing.

EDIT: Was going to buy Tiger Woods 10 there now. Its just gone up from £10 to £15 plus postage. Grr

Last edited:
"Which version of Tiger Woods 10 should I buy? The £10 UMD on Amazon or the £30 Digital copy from PSP Store" An example of PSN's pricing.

EDIT: Was going to buy Tiger Woods 10 there now. Its just gone up from £10 to £15 plus postage. Grr

That is exactly my experience. The Wipeout pulse version on psn is at least 5 Euro's more expensive than I can by it here in a local shop.

Stupid thing is that I got to hate the UMD media so much that I am even paying the higher price of the psn version :ouch:

That is exactly my experience. The Wipeout pulse version on psn is at least 5 Euro's more expensive than I can by it here in a local shop.

Stupid thing is that I got to hate the UMD media so much that I am even paying the higher price of the psn version :ouch:

This is a long-term issue with digital distribution. Over time older games need to have their prices reduced to meet the used games market prices that it would be replacing. Possibly even lower as it is also removing any money that can be recouped from trading in a used game.

Yeah, I guess it is too difficult for them (digital sellers) to adept the prices. But then again, as long as there induhviduals like me to pay the higher price, I won't blame them.

Yeah, I guess it is too difficult for them (digital sellers) to adept the prices. But then again, as long as there induhviduals like me to pay the higher price, I won't blame them.
This is why they do it. Proper business practice is to charge what the market will bear.

But I think they would be able to find a higher adoption rate of digital media if their prices over time reflected available brick and mortar prices.

As the PSP UMD Legacy titles are coming in I see too many priced at $20 that can be had used for under $10. I believe that the fallacy to their plan will reveal itself in a year as Madden '10 (replace this with any annual sports title) will be a year old and Madden '11 will be out. If Madden '10 has a digital copy still fully priced it will see sales immediately plummet.

Now, this obviously wouldn't work the same for something like GT, but I hope that they will at least have a Greatest Hits (Platinum) like policy for the digital downloads. It would likely go over even better if it made it slightly cheaper than the current Greatest Hits program.

Also, to better mimic the brick and mortar model, they should have regular sales. Currently we see a sale once every quarter or so, but if every week they had one or two older titles on sale it could revitalize the titles. And then roughly once a quarter or so have a huge deal, like Amazon or Best Buy do with occasional $10-$20 titles.

Definatly getting this. For the PSP it is stunning compared to everything else. Least it'll also occupy the gap between this and GT5.

- You can probably pick up an original model PSP 1000 for cheap as chips nowadays but be sure to realize that they are bigger, don't have TV output, will not charge via USB (AC adapter only), have only 32 MB ram (all other models have twice that, 64mb) meaning longer game loading times and chuggier performance all around when using tabbed internet browser etc, have less battery life... but they will still play GT: Mobile!

Awesome. I was really worried that i wouldent be able to play gt mobile with my 1000 series.

Sony was trying to push the PSP Go at E3 and have GT PSP as a launch title but yes GT PSP is available on UMD (PSP GO doesnt have a UMD drive) or Playstation store for ALL PSP systems.

I might get it on release date. It'll be the first PSP game I got since, ooh, 2007. And thanks to this

I can play it on my first spec PSP. :D

Yea but the newer PSP's are 2 times faster than the original. No lie, they have twice as much RAM.

Having had the 1000 2000 and currently still own the 3000 I can tell you that they are all equally fast. The double amount of RAM was introduced with the 2000 model. But it has no effect during gameplay. Maybe loading times or so, but even then only marginally.

The biggest performance boost, if you look at loading times, comes from games on memory stick.

Having had the 1000 2000 and currently still own the 3000 I can tell you that they are all equally fast. The double amount of RAM was introduced with the 2000 model. But it has no effect during gameplay. Maybe loading times or so, but even then only marginally.

The biggest performance boost, if you look at loading times, comes from games on memory stick.

+1 👍 I have a "fat" one and won't change. Hate the slim, slippery new stuff.

@C-ZETA Nice avatar :cheers:

True, the 1000 feels more solid. But the screen of the 3000 is much better. Crispier an brigther. But hey I good ol' phat one will play GT mobile :D and that is what counts in the end.

Why would it be a waste of time? Is it because you have a PS3 and you want GT5 to come out faster?

Some people are happy that GTM is coming out on PSP. There are no good racing game for the PSP out yet. Once GTM comes out, I bet you anything the reviews are going to say best PSP racing game out, or maybe the PSP game yet.

I bought my PSP two years ago because I heard they would have a GT Mobile out by the end of that year (that was also before I had heard of and became a member of GTP) :ouch: so yes I will be buying the game when it comes out :D I just hope that I don't have to buy a new PSP to play it :scared::ouch::banghead:

I just got rid of my 360. Traded it in at Gamestation with bundle of games for £150, the store manager said something interesting though. He beleives that the PSP Go will be released at £169.99, Remembering back to the E3 Presentation they said that the PSP Go will be released alongside the PSP 3000 at more of the same price point, Most UK Retailers have it advertised at £229.99 at GAME, Tesco Pre Order have it for £199.99 so i'll be definately getting this on release date :)

Back