How many who own/owned GT6 still play it? (POLL)

If you own/owned GT6, do you still play it?

• Owned it, got rid of it

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Own it, dont play it

Votes: 70 18.1%
  • Own it, play it

Votes: 309 79.8%

• Total voters
You have not highlighted Suzuka .... It's a shame ! A shame !

You have forgotten:

Tsukuba Circuit
Motegi
Fuji Speedway
Daytona

Also, the difference is that PoDi model tracks - almost - perfectly.
So you've surveyed all the Project Cars tracks to know this right? Can you please show me some example of flaws in PCars tracks to illustrate your point?

No he's wrong, and it's been show above quite clearly.
GT6 has the best collection of non-real life tracks.

Oh wow so two miserable tracks are enough to beat GT6 right?
I didn't say it beat GT6. You said Project Cars had no fantasy tracks. I proved you wrong. See:

And in terms of non-real life tracks, Pcars has nothing

If you continue moving the goalposts, eventually you'll score. 👍👍

I own it, but haven't played in quite some time after joining the 'PC Master Race'. (See avatar)

Once the Zytek arrives, I might load it up and give it a try, seeing how it's the first real-car of significance to come to GT in quite some time. (Albeit too little too late imo)

No he's wrong, and it's been show above quite clearly.
I didn't say it beat GT6. You said Project Cars had no fantasy tracks. I proved you wrong. See:

If you continue moving the goalposts, eventually you'll score. 👍👍
Dont take everything you read literally. Also your examples are basically a real life one (Monaco / Azure coast) and a virtual recreation (scaled down I suppose) of a real world road. So yeah, its pretty close to nothing in terms of fantasy race tracks in PCars. No need to argue further.

Dont take everything you read literally. Also your examples are basically a real life one (Monaco / Azure coast) and a virtual recreation (scaled down I suppose) of a real world road. So yeah, its pretty close to nothing in terms of fantasy race tracks in PCars. No need to argue further.
All I have to go on are your literal words...literally. If you don't want to be taken literally choose your words more carefully. When pretty close=close, let us know. Also when fantasy tracks are more important to a "simulation" than real tracks, be sure and let us know.

I play it here and there still. Most of the time it's when someone calls me up to drive around and that varies from almost daily to rarely.

So GT4 kept you going for years even though it had primitive graphics, primitive driving physics, and you played agaisnt the CPU, and GT6 not so much even though it has far better graphics and driving physics and you can play against other players online... interesting.

AAh!! but GT4 did not have a very choppy frame rate and awful screen tearing.. something I cannot abide and certainly has no place in any racing game.

AAh!! but GT4 did not have a very choppy frame rate and awful screen tearing.. something I cannot abide and certainly has no place in any racing game.
Screen tearing? I've never seen it. FPS drops? Sure, and in GT4 too providing you have enough effects in the same place. If you try hard enough most games will have FPS drops.
And still with all those problems, GT6 doesnt hurt your eyes when you watch it (unlike GT4)
Id say you've also got nostalgic distortion of reality

Screen tearing? I've never seen it. FPS drops? Sure, and in GT4 too providing you have enough effects in the same place. If you try hard enough most games will have FPS drops.
And still with all those problems, GT6 doesnt hurt your eyes when you watch it (unlike GT4)
Id say you've also got nostalgic distortion of reality
You must be one of the lucky few who doesn't get frame rate drops/screen tearing in GT6, it seems to have gotten better after being updated but it still happens quite a bit (for me at least). I don't remember frame rate drops in GT4, either.

On topic: I still play GT6 occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to.

You must be one of the lucky few who doesn't get frame rate drops/screen tearing in GT6, it seems to have gotten better after being updated but it still happens quite a bit (for me at least). I don't remember frame rate drops in GT4, either.

On topic: I still play GT6 occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to.
Frame rate drops yes, screen tearing... i dont remember any.

GT4 did have framerate drops. They were mostly just isolated to 1080i (and occasionally 480p) mode when the entire field was on screen; but sometimes they popped up in the larger tracks with only a few cars on screen.

You must be one of the lucky few who doesn't get frame rate drops/screen tearing in GT6, it seems to have gotten better after being updated but it still happens quite a bit (for me at least).

Nah, some people just can't see it. Which is great for them, but it makes for difficult discussions. It's like talking about clashing colours with a colour blind person. They just don't get the problem because to them, there is no problem.

but wait there should be a third vote "Own it, don't play it much" option! I'm in that category, I'm not in any of the above.

GT6 fails to bring any fun to the game for me. The only thing it is useful for is hanging out ocassionally with old friends to drag race every now and again. I was racing on nurb with some old friends the other night and I just thought the whole driving experience, it just feels awful I can't really describe into words my utmost dissapointment. I mean GT5 is and always will be the GT that works and feels better in the driving experience, not to mention physics that works when you tune a car setup. GT5 will in my opinion always be "The Gran Turismo to beat" and GT6 doesn't come close with its vision GT or its new cars and DLC. If the experience and content that people want is not there its not going to cut it.

Last edited:
Nah, some people just can't see it. Which is great for them, but it makes for difficult discussions. It's like talking about clashing colours with a colour blind person. They just don't get the problem because to them, there is no problem.

I must be one of those who can't see it because I've never noticed any screen tearing or frame rate drops, plus I just watched Twin Turbo's video above and didn't notice anything unusual except the driver kept hitting other cars. I must be lucky or old I guess - probably more old than lucky!

but wait there should be a third vote "Own it, don't play it much" option! I'm in that category, I'm not in any of the above.

GT6 fails to bring any fun to the game for me. The only thing it is useful for is hanging out ocassionally with old friends to drag race every now and again. I was racing on nurb with some old friends the other night and I just thought the whole driving experience, it just feels awful I can't really describe into words my utmost dissapointment. I mean GT5 is and always will be the GT that works and feels better in the driving experience, not to mention physics that works when you tune a car setup. GT5 will in my opinion always be "The Gran Turismo to beat" and GT6 doesn't come close with its vision GT or its new cars and DLC. If the experience and content that people want is not there its not going to cut it.

Are you using a hand controller? I use a wheel and personally find GT6 much better in terms of driving experience than GT5 - I have a lot of friends who use wheels and I don't know any who think GT5 gives a better experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be one of those who can't see it because I've never noticed any screen tearing or frame rate drops, plus I just watched Twin Turbo's video above and didn't notice anything unusual except the driver kept hitting other cars. I must be lucky or old I guess - probably more old than lucky!

Remember that youtube videos are 30fps except in rare cases, and you have to deal with the compression besides. It's not odd that you can't see anything in it, but you can see the results of the monitoring software that they have running alongside the footage at least.

You're not seeing anything because there's nothing to see in that particular video.

You'll have seen them in game, but if you haven't noticed I wouldn't go chasing it. Once you learn how to see it, you can't unlearn it, and it's not going to make your experience any better.

Are you using a hand controller? I use a wheel and personally find GT6 much better in terms of driving experience than GT5 - I have a lot of friends who use wheels and I don't know any who think GT5 gives a better experience.

Well I own it but, but don't play it often. I use a hand controller.

If GT6 had more in depth tuning interface and a acceleration test or course maker, or share feature or online dealership or used car dealership I might play it more often. The driving physics are better in some ways but not others. I just wish I could test the games ride height, suspension, toe, camber and aerodynamics. It would certainly keep me playing more often. Because on GT5 I had more fun with this tool knowing the effects of the car setup so I could play around and get better tunes for top speed testing, and track tuning and drag racing.

Last edited:
Gt4 had a proper career mode. You could race for ages and never finish it.

In GT6, you can complete every endurance race in a single afternoon

I own it, but only play it when new content comes, and the occasional seasonl events.
When I'm playing, I have fun for a few hours. So it was a good purchase.

GT5 had more longtivity for me. Played it almost every day for nearly three years. GT6 lasted 3-4 months of every day "driving", even though GT6 has much better driving feel. But the offline modes are too short and restricted. I tried to play Quick Matches, but had too much disconnects and such. Gave up on that. It really isn't the same as Shuffle in GT5.

I guess that I occasionally will play GT6 until I decide to buy PS4.

I never got screen tearing in GT6 until later updates were released. Version 1.00 was smooth as silk. Not sure when the screen tearing started, but it was probably somewhere after Sierra was released. The screen tearing is most noticable on the buildings in the city courses (London, Madrid).

I still own it but don't play as much as I used to due to Driveclub on PS4 and Forza on XB1. The only things keeping me on GT6 are competing in the ToCA series and RACE Fun Runs.

Isn't racing about competition, about winning or trying to win the race? I want to race against real people, race against others that are passionate about cars and racing. You can do that well with GT6. GT6 offers some really great racing online against others and you can do that on a level playing field as well with the options it provides. One make races (Spec) racing can be totally awesome and some of the best competition you can experience, and GT6 provides for that. Even allowing you with the options to make pits where you have to get fuel and tires which can be make or break and adds to the realism. You can race with up to 16 players online with GT6 and have an amazing experience, so yes I still play most days and compete in a couple of different racing series using GT6 which offers great racing.
This is a clip of some awesome racing to be had online in GT6 from a previous season of a still running series. Check it out,I guess if that doesn't interest you or you would not enjoy that type of competition in a racing game, maybe racing isn't your game.
Maybe I should of posted this one instead.

Last edited:

GT5 isn't even close to "the Gran Turismo to beat". :lol:
GT6, while not great, is certainly better in physics on non R tires than GT5.

I play GT6 still, instead of GT5, for that very reason. The suspension, while not great, is miles livelier in GT6.

They driving physics are one of the reasons why I prefer GT6 over GT5 personally. That, and the fact it has less cars that look jaggy.

GT5 isn't even close to "the Gran Turismo to beat". :lol:
GT6, while not great, is certainly better in physics on non R tires than GT5.

I play GT6 still, instead of GT5, for that very reason. The suspension, while not great, is miles livelier in GT6.

Well you just had to try to argue my point down didn't you. Lets see if I can or can't open your mind to other peoples views then shall we. When I said "GT6 isn't even close, GT5 is the Gran Turismo to beat", I meant in terms of core features and gameplay. And I stand by my point that if features are taken out of the game and the whole game play experience is not as long lasting or as fun in GT6 as GT5 I don't care that there are no jaggies, better graphics, even better physics of which there is not a huge difference anyway. Simulation isn't leaps and bounds better and it doesn't make me want to play the game as often. I keep hoping for features to come to GT6 that were in GT5.

What PD have done to many long time customers of the franchise is stab them in the back and screw them over by taking a step back instead of a step forward by taking out features that people came to love about GT5. But I know PD have gone back to their routes and as GT is purely a racing game, then for those who are only racing - they aren't going to miss features that aren't in GT6. Ever since the online servers for GT5 were shut down, the servers for GT6 have been appalling mostly 9 times out of every 10 that I play the game. But ask many drag racers and fellow GT5 fans about the features they care about, you will then understand my point a little better Mr CSLACR or not!

Last edited:
Back