How old are you? What age category are you in?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vinze1129
  • 215 comments
  • 11,655 views

What is your age ?

  • 12-18 years old

    Votes: 141 18.3%
  • 19-29 years old

    Votes: 316 41.0%
  • 30-45 years old

    Votes: 254 33.0%
  • 46 year old and above

    Votes: 59 7.7%

  • Total voters
    770
I am 40 years old, started playing games way back in the 80's on my beloved zx spectrum :-)
 
I'm 36. Grew up with video games. They are just part of my life. Nevertheless, at this age you start getting some difficulties with eye strain and available time to play/patience.

But I'm still hanging around, playing the really good ones. I may not be playing as many titles as before, but I do select the best around and enjoy them as ever before!

GT5, I'm looking straight at you...
 
31. Had first system when i was 4. Atari 2600 and race cars were triangles with squarry wheels.
 
I'm 377 years old and have been gaming as long as I can remember and will continue to game until I can't hold a controller anymore.
 
16... :D quick reflexes helped in Vettel Challange...
Lot more Gran Turismo games for me until i get 30 lol
 
12 years old 👍 Been playing since I was 5. My first console was the PS1, & yes, I had GT1.

Am I the youngest? Pardon If I'm not because I didn't look through all the pages :P
 
I think it's pretty cool seeing people in the 46 and older category play videogames,

Not really. It's common knowledge that the average age of gamers is into the upper thirties, meaning that there are plenty of gamers into their forties, fifties and beyond.
 
42 ,started with TOCA in 1998 :)

Surprised though with the small number of the group below 18.

GT5 seems to attract the older gamer.
 
43.5 next week.
Date rolled off the line: July, 1967
 
14 around here. I grew up with Arcade car games, but since 2005 I've been stuck with GT. 👍
 
16... :D quick reflexes helped in Vettel Challange...
Lot more Gran Turismo games for me until i get 30 lol

Reaction time is a function of the distance the signal has to travel. Shorter person, shorter arms, faster reaction times. Not a function of age - at least not until you are really old, and more or less mechanically failing.
 
My first game was THE first game. The girl across the street had a TV pong game. I am not kidding. That was sometime in the mid 70s. Atari was the first biggie. We got an Intellivision. It made Atari look silly. To this day, I will challenge anyone to a game of Intellivision baseball.
 
Cool idea to have started this poll. Increments of 5 from 10 to 65 would be interesting to see.
 
30 here, and started playing on the old Commodore 64
 
16, I've had PS1/2/3, PSP, Xbox and started by trading my WRC 2000 for GT3 A-spec. Best trade ever :D had every GT since...
 
30 here, and started playing on the old Commodore 64

Same here, waiting for an age to load the tape only for it to stop and still no game.
 
Once you start ending your age with 'years young' - that's when you are old.
Or start referring to yourself as 'young at heart'.
That's when you begin to expect less of yourself, and cut yourself more slack for not trying.
 
I'm 42 !! 👍
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have made my poll vote count. Have you vote? GT 5 gamers can't be this little. I'm sure there are more out there.
 
28...and this is my first GT to play seriously since the original GT.
 
18 here. I'm an adult but I feel like a kid in this poll.

Should have been 12-17, then 18-29, hahaha.
 
I'm 48. Had the first pong game in the 70's. That was fun for about a day.

Rediscovered console gaming with the Formula 1 series on Playstation 1 in the late 90's.

The only thing that keeps me playing video games is the Gran Turismo series.
 
30 on my back,, video games were constantly strolling trough my life
 
Back