Hudson Hornet (Mario Andretti) confirmed to Gran Turismo 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 181 comments
  • 28,902 views
They unveil the restored car on Dec. 16.

This car probably come via DLC
 
They unveil the restored car on Dec. 16.

This car probably come via DLC

Interesting.... would be nice if it came with a track too :D, maybe the Bristol model in the background of that Nissan video :D (sadly I suspect not)
 
Sorry for asking but where it is specifically mentioned that Andretti's Hudson Hornet will be in GT6?
 
GT6 is finally starting to look good on paper... I hope more news emerge this last 2 weeks before launch...
 
Considering the car will only be finished after GT6 launches, and THEN it will have to be scanned, it *could* take quite some time to actually make it to the game though.
 
This looks amazing! So glad I didn't make the switch to forza
 
Somewhere I heard that we will be able to build our own car for GT6. Is this it?

Absolutely stoked the Hornet will be in the game though..
 
This is outstanding, one of my childhood hero's "Mario Andretti" evolved with Gran Turismo. I wounder if they'll do a piece on "Wendell Oliver Scott" another of my hero's.
 
I can't wait! Please I hope we get the regular hornet and the NASCAR hornet.
hudson-hornet-04.jpg
 
Just so we don't get ahead of ourselves, where is the confirmation that he'll be in the game? All I see is an advertising campaign with Mario Andretti, with the Hudson Hornet being added to GT6. Senna was clearly stated to be featured in the game (DLC), but I don't see anything about Andretti, unless I'm missing something.
 
Awesome news, I do hope this classic race car would be in the game.
Mario Andretti (1972 Daytona winning Ferrari 312PB). Very cool and nice classic race car!

Please PD!
 
Interesting for sure. I was not expecting this. Good job PD
 
Nah, I think this is all just a demo for Kaz to show off the new vegetation real-time growth algorithm, so during a 24 hour race you can virtually see the grass growing. It's all about immersion y'know.
You know, now that you mention it, some kind of persistent changes of tracks over time would be cool. Like seasons changing etc.

Great film, if you guys like this you should check out Super Speedway, it's the exact same concept with Mario but they restore an old f1 car and it's an IMAX movie.

Here is a link to it on amazon; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KEGR84/?tag=gtplanet-20
 
Last edited:
I knew I should've kept my Andretti avatar around a bit longer...
 
You know, now that you mention it, some kind of persistent changes of tracks over time would be cool. Like seasons changing etc.

Great film, if you guys like this you should check out Speedway, it's the exact same concept with Mario but they restore an old f1 car and it's an IMAX movie.

Links?
 
I broke my hype-o-meter now.

Awesome, first Senna, now Andretti. I can't help but wonder who's next :O
 
I think this is what makes GT different. All of a sudden something amazing like this comes along totally out of the blue.
PD may not always be great at giving is what we want. They are however brilliant at giving what we never knew we wanted in the first place ... but boy do we want it now.
 
I cared more about the fact that he's restoring such a nice car than the fact it's being included in GT6. What an awesome guy he is~ I wish I could do that to my grandfather's old Rover 16.
 
The Hudson Hornet: not my first love, but more certainly my favorite car in Forza 4. I cannot wait to see it in GT6!
 
Back