Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hybrids, sooner they are gone the better. Or GT6 will be killed off.
I believe it is only a matter of time. GT6 will meet the same fate as GT5, unless
PD does something to halt this insanity. Probably won't happen. Anyone know if Forza has been ruined by hackers. If not, it may be time to buy an Xbox.

Has anyone else realized yet that it was about one year ago exactly that gt5 hacking became known. Maybe a tutorial will be out for the one year anniversary of GT hacking.

It was 3/1/13 that the modding tutorial was posted for GT5:sly:

By the definition of cheating, it isn't cheating.

Cheating, I have understand that as doing something what is not allowed, and doing it secretly behind someone's back, like on this case behind PD's back, by altering their code without their permission, doesn't matter what were purposes, still doing something what is not allowed to do.

Cheating, I have understand that as doing something what is not allowed, and doing it secretly behind someone's back, like on this case behind PD's back, by altering their code without their permission, doesn't matter what were purposes, still doing something what is not allowed to do.
The TOS agreement only applies to online play, you can do anything you want if you stay offline.

I think you have the wrong meaning of cheating son. I bought the product im free to do what i want with it whether that is recoding or what not. I can see if someone were to try to use one of the cars in a seasonal event sure that should not be allowed but if the person is just messing around in a lobby for free runs or on single player i truly dont see the problem

I actually love the hybrid ,doing swaps with other cars ,is it allowed by PD nope,do i care nope, i will hack away at my own will ,do i own a jailbroke ps3 yes i do ,i just think of it as making the game fun for myself i have no intention on ranking my self up some so called leader board never have never will ,hybrids are here just deal with it

Now if only these folks can find where the sound samples are so that we can replace them with the correct samples/

That would be a useful hack.

As it is GT6 is nothing more than a hot lapping game now. And not that of a good of a one at that.

I actually love the hybrid ,doing swaps with other cars ,is it allowed by PD nope,do i care nope, i will hack away at my own will ,do i own a jailbroke ps3 yes i do ,i just think of it as making the game fun for myself i have no intention on ranking my self up some so called leader board never have never will ,hybrids are here just deal with it
So, I saw your post on NGU. When will the cat be let out of the bag? :lol:

Now if only these folks can find where the sound samples are so that we can replace them with the correct samples/

That would be a useful hack.

As it is GT6 is nothing more than a hot lapping game now. And not that of a good of a one at that.
When you do engine swaps the sound sample comes with it.

When you do engine swaps the sound sample comes with it.
Since the sounds don't actually 'come with' the engine swap, it is still just a refernce to the sound packed in the source data - I would be interested in the ability to unpack the actual sounds in the source and repack better ones.

Who said anything about not playing GT? I am so sick of people using Strawman arguments on this forum to make a point. You put words in my mouth, then start to make an argument based around those words....

Have you ever thought those restrictions are put in place for a reason? It does not matter what you "want", it is a game, games have rules that have to be followed. If you played football and just "wanted" to break the rules, you would be kicked off the field. Because you are ruining the game for everyone else.

That is the bottom line, it is the people actively trying to hack the game because it is something they "want" [btw, you can't always get what you "want" in this world] that end up ruining the game for everyone else that does not "want" it.
I never said you told me to not play GT. I said don't tell me that I shouldn't be playing GT then. And sorry, but I'll believe you when you tell me how using my chassis swap/engine swap cars for cruising and drifting is cheating. Tell me how on earth a car that is lower than usual with a wider chassis is cheating in a cruise lobby. And if you think hacking is unfair for drifting then you're wrong. If you drift solely for points then you really aren't a real drifter (not saying you aren't good at drifting if you drift for points, just saying that drifting is more than just points). Tell me how I am a cheater for doing it for those purposes.

I would be interested in the ability to unpack the actual sounds int he source and repack better ones/ But leave the rest intact.
That's not possible to do on the game save, you would have to alter the code on the disc to do that.

That's not possible to do on the game save, you would have to alter the code on the disc to do that.

This is pretty obvious - which again, is why I am simply stating that I would like the ability to be able to unpack the source and inject replacement sound samples. We have a download install so the 'ability' to manipulate the hard drive stored data is within the realm of possibilty once someone develops a data unpacker/repacker.

If PD doesn't fix the sounds in the car that are wrong, I'll have to do it myself. Hope that the engine swaps come in soon. I'll be waiting.

Here's the first thing you can fix: Take the engine from the Corvette ZR1 Race Car and put it in a regular ZR1 with a Racing Exhaust.

You need to work on your grammar in future 👍

I think you have the wrong meaning of cheating son. I bought the product im free to do what i want with it whether that is recoding or what not. I can see if someone were to try to use one of the cars in a seasonal event sure that should not be allowed but if the person is just messing around in a lobby for free runs or on single player i truly dont see the problem
"4. Software is Licensed
4.1. All Software is licensed, not sold, which means you acquire rights to use the Software, as described in these Terms, but you do not acquire ownership of the Software. If you do not comply with these Terms, we can terminate your Software Licence which means you will no longer have the right to use the Software."
You "son" should learn your lessons better.
https://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/e/e_tosua_en.html

"4. Software is Licensed
4.1. All Software is licensed, not sold, which means you acquire rights to use the Software, as described in these Terms, but you do not acquire ownership of the Software. If you do not comply with these Terms, we can terminate your Software Licence which means you will no longer have the right to use the Software."
Kaz is going to show up at your house and take away your copy of GT6.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"4. Software is Licensed
Is that goes with offline as well because I brought this game and I can do what I want with it offline.

"4. Software is Licensed
My favorite has always been the part where portions of EULAs like that are treated as being enforceable. Or having any legal precedent to even assume they are enforceable.

Last edited:
"4. Software is Licensed
That's cute. So they are going to show up and take my game from me?If so have at it id like to see them have to track everyone down who decides to have a little more fun with the game

"4. Software is Licensed
If you think a game developer would ever try to attack paying customers' ability to play a game offline, you're crazy. That is such a HUGE can of worms. Not only would there likely be a class action lawsuit, it would be suicide for a company because a lot of people would lose trust in that company. Humans always think there is a slippery slope and that if they will do X, then why wouldn't they do Y? That's not the road any company wants to go down.

That's cute. So they are going to show up and take my game from me?If so have at it id like to see them have to track everyone down who decides to have a little more fun with the game
You said at you bought game, in other words you bought only rights to use it (use in term what are described on EULA&TOS), there is no way to legitimise any hacking of save game or any other part of game, not even for offline usage.

I want to love this, I really do. And everyone defending it, I understand that it is fun and you guys keep yourselves grounded and don't go overboard, or keep it offline. But you do not speak for everyone else that does it.

The immature casual will eat this up, sneak in a few extra horses, better grip etc and win races online with it. And we wouldn't know any better. This effectively could ruin any room, and serious, honest racing would become obsolete because of it.

PD should implement it- I want it. But as of now, it is hacking and it is cheating. No way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back