I would be very surprised if the FIA continue to endorse this product

  • Thread starter Thread starter Disappointed
  • 49 comments
  • 3,547 views
Oh and car culture isn't dying, its changing, I've literally sat in on numerous presentations on this subject, delivered one and written an internal paper on this very subject this month alone.
Is that published anywhere?
I'd be most interested in reading it.
 
Is that published anywhere?
I'd be most interested in reading it.
Internal only, but if that changes I will be more than happy to share.
 
To put in 70 thousand kilometres, be ranked in the highest level, be in the top 100 worldwide for race wins, then have two races ruined by fools and get demoted to D and E is a disgrace. Then to have to endure pathetic gaming and string together 10 consecutive wins to even get close to where you were is wrong. I really hate when something so good can be ruined by people who are employed in areas they shouldn't be

What does any of that have to do with anything I said in the post you quoted?

The FIA..:lol::lol: they are just like PD. They banned the T-Wings and Shark fins because they wanted more beautiful cars. And then put a halo on top of it.
Just like PD does. They say they'll make the penalty system better, and then a update comes and it much more worse. So i think The FIA and PD love each other!:banghead:

No they banned t-wings and shark fins cause they were a loop hole in the regs due to the new rear wing regs for the 2017, the FIA was willing to keep those two items, but ultimately McLaren voted against. Regulatory stuff like that has to be unanimous to avoid future issues, and since it wasn't the ban came down. It had nothing to do with wanting more beautiful cars. Also if teams knew how to place the t-wing design on the cars right in the first place rather than have them fall off early in the season with a couple damaging other cars, it might not have been an even bigger issue.
 
Last edited:
How can the highest level of motorsport body in the world support such a ridiculous so called simulator. It can only make them look bad.

Why wouldnt they? F1 and the FIA are intertwined yet they allowed these ridiculous hybrids out there to race. F1 has become a joke of a racing series. It has apparently become an economy contest rather than a race of the fastest machinery. Yeah I know, everyone will say "F1 must be road relevant" and "they must be road car adjacent for manufacturers to be involved". Dont you think there are more applicable road car tests rather than F1? Like maybe the WEC? If F1 is really a test bed for road cars they would need more electronics like Active Susp., air bags, 4 wheel steer, Electronic Stability, ABS, driver comfort systems, etc. The day we start driving single seat, open wheel cars (with Halos) to work is the day F1 becomes road car relevant. Until then it is nothing more than an auto racing series that manufacturers join for advertising and brand awareness.
 
Can someone please explain to me how this thread differs in any way from a thread like this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/why-gt-sport-is-garbage.376883/

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say that thread was more well structured than this one, and it had more effort put into it.

What boggles my mind the most is how two moderators were already through here and nothing happened. This thread clearly has nothing in the way of useful conversation in mind, and the sole reason it was made was the same as the above thread. These posts only serve to vandalize these subforums and I don't know why they're allowed to continue existing. I'm aware the mods are less than enthusiastic about GT Sport, but this is the only subforum on GTPlanet where posts like this are commonplace.
 
Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me how this thread differs in any way from a thread like this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/why-gt-sport-is-garbage.376883/
Sure.

That user had already previously posted a prolonged whinge about GT Sport, during which he decided he was too good for the swear filter, repeatedly referred to things as "retarded" and abused anyone who disagreed with him as a fanboy, snowflake or "buthurt".

It took two replies from him in the second thread before he called someone else "buthurt" - and it was you - so that went the exact same way as the first.

So, more broadly, this thread has not immediately dumped on the AUP, and not been created by someone who has previously had severe issues with the AUP. The actual content is incidental.
 
Sure.

That user had already previously posted a prolonged whinge about GT Sport, during which he decided he was too good for the swear filter, repeatedly referred to things as "retarded" and abused anyone who disagreed with him as a fanboy, snowflake or "buthurt".

It took two replies from him in the second thread before he called someone else "buthurt" - and it was you - so that went the exact same way as the first.

So, more broadly, this thread has not immediately dumped on the AUP, and not been created by someone who has previously had severe issues with the AUP. The actual content is incidental.

Then I want to know why coming to this website with an obvious throwaway account, created around the sole purpose of spamming the subforum with useless posts, built around the identity of hate down to the username, is considered acceptable behaviour. Surely your AUP has something against the creation of troll or spam accounts.
 
Then I want to know why coming to this website with an obvious throwaway account, created around the sole purpose of spamming the subforum with useless posts, built around the identity of hate down to the username, is considered acceptable behaviour. Surely your AUP has something against the creation of troll or spam accounts.
The AUP is right here, and not only does everyone agree to it when they sign up, it's accessible from every page on the site - so there's no real excuse for not knowing what's in it.

Someone who disagrees with you is not automatically a troll for doing so. Nor is someone a spammer for posting one thread which they then participate in. In fact your attitude to and treatment of this member is far worse...
 
Well, this I’d the first forum I’ve ever come across with no rules against the creation of throwaway/spam accounts.

I’ve had enough of these useless threads created with minimal effort that exist with the sole point of getting a reaction from the community. They don’t contribute anything and they look like turds on an otherwise great subforum.

Now the mods are defending them, great.
 
Things I learned: "disappointed" is the same as "hate".

If only I had known that when I did poorly on that spelling test in grade school. Mom and dad said they were disappointed; now I know how they really felt. :(

We have a member who is literally called @GTvsForza — and he's been a contributing member for nearly a decade. If we banned people based on their names in relation to a franchise (whether or not it's actually AUP-breaking), he wouldn't be here.
 
At least he actually contributes meaningful content as opposed to trying to provoke the community.

I still want to know why reactionary posts and accounts are permitted, yet all I’ve been met with is sarcasm and attempts to bring the conversation away from my original argument.
 
I’ve had enough of these useless threads created with minimal effort that exist with the sole point of getting a reaction from the community.
He's made eight further posts in this thread, responding to and even agreeing with other users' points. That doesn't look like minimal effort or a throwaway anything. He's participating in his own discussion.

Your only contributions to the thread have been to call another member a troll and complain about the staff and forum rules for failure to combat the troll. Again your behaviour is far worse.

I still want to know why reactionary posts and accounts are permitted
Questions about site policy are best sent privately to Jordan, not as posts in random threads.

I'd suggest "I'd like to know" would be a better opener though.
 
Last edited:
At least he actually contributes meaningful content as opposed to trying to provoke the community.

I still want to know why reactionary posts and accounts are permitted, yet all I’ve been met with is sarcasm and attempts to bring the conversation away from my original argument.

You already got an answer:

Someone who disagrees with you is not automatically a troll for doing so. Nor is someone a spammer for posting one thread which they then participate in. In fact your attitude to and treatment of this member is far worse...

That you don't like it doesn't make it not one. Which is, strangely enough, the exact same problem you're still having with the OP.
 
Gee, hats off to the admin who likely volunteer their services to facilitate this site, they sure have to try keep a lot of people happy. To clear things up this is how it is. Yes, I did just join. I have been a daily visitor every day for over six months to this site. Yes, my name is disappointed, exactly how I and I'm sure many others are feeling about the direction of this edition of GT. Yes, other members views and responses have assisted my approach on how to deal with my disappointment. Yes, any post made by anybody will always offend at least one person. Thanks to all who contributed
 
If you want to go back to GT5 nigh on 10yrs ago, it was in partnership with Nascar. Remember zombie Jeff Gordon?

Where has that gone? They werent back for GT6.

Give it say 3yrs when GT Sport is done and FIA may not be back but not for the reasons OP thinks.

The winds change. To my feeling FIA doesnt do anything great for GTS but they dont do anything super bad.

GTS would still be GT without FIA.

GTS would arguably be as "bad" even without any FIA involvement.

Its amazing to think that any kind of FIA 'standard' is supposed to lift the apparently quality of GTS.

GTS is good or bad independent of any FIA involvement.
 
That would be because I merged them.

Next time please just delete them. I am so sick of people complaining non-stop. Force them to post in a single thread or just delete their posts.
 
How can the highest level of motorsport body in the world support such a ridiculous so called simulator. It can only make them look bad.

TL;DR: “I don’t like GT Sport because I don’t.”

How is that relevant to FIA?
 
Next time please just delete them. I am so sick of people complaining non-stop. Force them to post in a single thread or just delete their posts.
OK. Should we censor everything you don't like?
 
Next time please just delete them. I am so sick of people complaining non-stop. Force them to post in a single thread or just delete their posts.
GTP is not the echo chamber you're looking for.....
 
Back