If you could choose one car......

• Thread starter Peter
  • 124 comments
Wow, lots of different cars, all kinds of drivetrains too. Well one car I haven't seen in a GT yet is the Saleen S7TT 750 and 1000hp trim, with both tour and harcore packages.
Notable mentions
1996 Mazda RX-7 A-Spec
1996 R34 GTS-25 Turbo
Venturi Atlantique 600GT, 400 road car
Vector LM and Vector road car
Weigert W8(handles like a pig, but just would look awesome in this game)
Lotus Elise GT1(i can't believe that this awesome machine hasn't been seen since GT2, ugh. Best handling car ever)
Team Oreca Viper '99
Shelby Series 1
Unisia Jecs R33(just listen to that blow-off valve...phsssssh)
Mercedes Sauber '89 C9
787B
R92CP
Peugeuot 902
Panoz Esperante LM '97
Mitsubishi FTO LM, and FTO '97(very oddball car, but unique)
GULF Ford GT(in all it's Ferrari trouncing glory)
E46 M3 '06 CSL(sooo sexy it's gotta be illegal, will soon own one)
basically every car that was in GT1,2, 3 and 4, why? Cause everyone will find something they can dig into. In my case there are a lot of them. Back to GT2, I've got 7 garages full of cars, lol.

Hmmm, this is hard question. ONE car?? I don't know all the cars in the past GT games have been very exciting to drive (with the exception of some) :)
However I would probably choose the Audi R8 race car from GT4 (rendered in HD) :drool:

I'd love to have the ferrari enzo or pagani zonda. I just can't choose. But no lambos because lamborghini is over rated and everyone will have one online and it will get annoying.

This:

Attachments

• nissan-gt-r-2008-super-gt-gt500-test-car-078.jpg
    nissan-gt-r-2008-super-gt-gt500-test-car-078.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 19
I'd love to have the ferrari enzo or pagani zonda. I just can't choose. But no lambos because lamborghini is over rated and everyone will have one online and it will get annoying.

Please provide proof that Lamborghini are over-rated.

Personally i'd like to see a XJ220 race car, Spyker C8 GT car, or Sauber C9

Please provide proof that Lamborghini are over-rated.

Personally i'd like to see a XJ220 race car, Spyker C8 GT car, or Sauber C9
Everyone has a lambo. Jay Leno has about 50, all the rappers have one. People talk about them too much in life when there are better things like zondas. People get T shirts, profile pictures, posters, wallpapers. The supercar world has to have lamborghini. People don't look beyond lambos, they just get them without thinking "i wonder if there's anything better out there" Anyone can buy a lambo, the gallardo is about $200,000. That's just a bank loan or a year salary away. Do you need me to continue because i can go on all day.

Everyone has a lambo. Jay Leno has about 50, all the rappers have one. People talk about them too much in life when there are better things like zondas. People get T shirts, profile pictures, posters, wallpapers. The supercar world has to have lamborghini. People don't look beyond lambos, they just get them without thinking "i wonder if there's anything better out there" Anyone can buy a lambo, the gallardo is about $200,000. That's just a bank loan or a year salary away. Do you need me to continue because i can go on all day.

So... why don't you get one? :lol:

I could say the same thing about Porsches, Ferraris or BMWs... hell... Porsche fanboys are incredibly common online... :lol: ...but how many people gush over them or buy the merchandise (everytime I see someone in a matching Ferrari jacket and cap, I just have to laugh) has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad the cars are.

Doesn't matter how many people "rice" them out, a Honda Integra is still one of the best sports cars ever made. Doesn't matter how many aspiring social climbers buy them, BMWs are still great cars to drive. And it doesn't matter if Porsche makes you pay through the nose for leather and a stereo, a 911 is still a solid driver's car. And no matter how many irritating 13-year olds you hear saying "Nissan GT-R ownz j00", it doesn't change the fact that the GT-R actually does.

A Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 would be an absolutely fantastic addition to Gran Turismo 5, if only as a foil to the Nissan GT-R. If a ton of people end up using it because it's the fastest car on the grid... oh well... And it costs a fraction of what a Pagani Zonda does. Of course, I would like to see the Zonda come back, too.

So... why don't you get one? :lol:

I could say the same thing about Porsches, Ferraris or BMWs... hell... Porsche fanboys are incredibly common online... :lol: ...but how many people gush over them or buy the merchandise (everytime I see someone in a matching Ferrari jacket and cap, I just have to laugh) has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad the cars are.

Doesn't matter how many people "rice" them out, a Honda Integra is still one of the best sports cars ever made. Doesn't matter how many aspiring social climbers buy them, BMWs are still great cars to drive. And it doesn't matter if Porsche makes you pay through the nose for leather and a stereo, a 911 is still a solid driver's car. And no matter how many irritating 13-year olds you hear saying "Nissan GT-R ownz j00", it doesn't change the fact that the GT-R actually does.

A Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 would be an absolutely fantastic addition to Gran Turismo 5, if only as a foil to the Nissan GT-R. If a ton of people end up using it because it's the fastest car on the grid... oh well... And it costs a fraction of what a Pagani Zonda does. Of course, I would like to see the Zonda come back, too.
If GT5 has lambos it will be called the game "just like forza and PGR" Gran Turismo is supposed to be different.

Everyone has a lambo. Jay Leno has about 50, all the rappers have one.
Jay Leno has under a dozen; all iconic models as well.
People talk about them too much in life when there are better things like zondas. People get T shirts, profile pictures, posters, wallpapers. The supercar world has to have lamborghini. People don't look beyond lambos, they just get them without thinking "i wonder if there's anything better out there"
This whole argument can be applied to any exotic car. In fact, Ferrari & Porsche enthusiasts are just the same.
Anyone can buy a lambo, the gallardo is about $200,000. That's just a bank loan or a year salary away. Do you need me to continue because i can go on all day.
Oh wow, really? Well, if that's the case, why isn't everyone in the US driving one? Oh that's right. Because not everyone makes $200,000 a year and those who do have a thing called bills to pay with it.
If GT5 has lambos it will be called the game "just like forza and PGR" Gran Turismo is supposed to be different.
1 manufacturer makes the game suddenly different? Last I checked, GT just added Ferrari to its manufacturers, a builder both Forza & PGR have featured from the start. So much for being different, eh?

Different how? As in too cheap to pay for the more exclusive marques like Maserati, Porsche or Lamborghini?

Let's face it, GT sells on a global scale that wants a huge diversity of cars. They have to cater to those with tastes outside the JDM market as well. Last I checked, Lamborghini (as well as Porsche & Maser) fall into that category.

1969 Ford BOSS 429 Mustang

If i would get that car i would cry like a little baby while grinning all over my face.
In white, with a white hood and rear window louvers. Oh man, my dream car.

Reventón;3281106

1 manufacturer makes the game suddenly different? Last I checked, GT just added Ferrari to its manufacturers, a builder both Forza & PGR have featured from the start. So much for being different, eh?

Word.

Gran Turismo's claim to fame is not that they don't have (or didn't have) mainstream exotics. Back in the days, Ferrari and Porsche licensing for video games (often brand deals for exclusive games) prevented GT from obtaining their cars. But PD has always prided itself on its eclectic collection of cars... the Japanese bias being merely because this is what they had the most access to.

I for one, am not complaining. What other game gives you the joy of piloting an Alpine 110 down the famous Nurburgring? Or a Dodge Ram? Or a Honda Fit? Other racing games pass up on eccentric, unique and slow cars simply so that every car players get in will be competitive in whatever event they choose to drive them in. Which is boring, personally. There is joy to be found in driving a car that is utterly, utterly crap. :D

To put lamborghinis in the game is gonna make it harder to choose "GT5 or Forza 3"(for the newcomers into the racing game market). I'm not saying it's bad but people need to stop with the treating lambos as a "gotta have it" I like lambo but they're just treated too good.

To put lamborghinis in the game is gonna make it harder to choose "GT5 or Forza 3"(for the newcomers into the racing game market). I'm not saying it's bad but people need to stop with the treating lambos as a "gotta have it" I like lambo but they're just treated too good.

Just like the same Ferrari you mentioned twice in your sig?

Harder to choose, as in: "Hey, Gran Turismo finally has Ferraris and Lamborghinis... maybe I won't buy it..." It only makes it harder to choose for people who were going to buy Forza 3 in the first place. People who are looking at Gran Turismo 5 aren't going to change their minds just because they're getting a few extra cars.

Honestly, it's like claiming being offered a free Coke with their Big Mac and fries will cause people to walk out the door and buy Burger King. Does.Not.Compute.

Except maybe in Bizarro world. :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back