If you could choose one car......

• Thread starter Peter
  • 124 comments
If GT5 has lambos it will be called the game "just like forza and PGR" Gran Turismo is supposed to be different.

I'm sorry but saying it's a bad idea having as many marques as possible because it will put the game in the same league as Forza and PGA is a bit like Ferrari saying "oh dear, Ford has put 4 wheels on their car so we shouldn't because then we'll be accused of copying and lose our identity"

GT is not renowned for their lack of cars - so nothing'll change, it's renowned for the physics and the graphics.

Murdering someone is different - not really for the better though

Peugeot 406 BTCC '98

2584968113_75d9a741bb.jpg

I know you said one car but i am going to break into 1 race car 1 road car:
Race car-has to be the Mazda 787b
Road car-just to be different a BMW 760i
If it had to be 1 the Mazda

I just want a race car!
MAybe a DTM car or a BTCC car not picky though.

In regards to the Lambo's, just get in an R8 its pretty much the same nowadays...

I would like to see more American classic cars in the game.

A couple from the Mustang Lineage would be nice. (Not that I don’t like Shelby’s GT350)

Personally I would like to see . . .

1967 Mustang Coupe – More or less because I own one. They already have a 67 Cougar which is the sister car.
1968 Mustang Fastback w/ 390 – (Who wouldn’t want to be Lieutenant Frank Bullitt through Seattle?
1970 Boss Mustang
1970 Camaro
A first Gen T-Bird
Any Challenger (there use to be one back in GT2)
67 Pontiac GTO
57 Bellaire
50 Mercury

Heck, I would even like to see other classics from around the world.

There are so many great cars in the past . . . I believe that the GT franchise could almost create a GT Classics game.

If it had to be one, it'd be the 2003 SVT Cobra.

Others would be:
2010 Ford Shelby GT500
2007 Roush Mustang Stage 3
2000 Ford SVT Cobra R

Lambos are just made to look good and drive fast in. They're not made for hardcore racing and tuning like the other supercars. It's just a bad idea.

TOYOTA

AW11, SW20, AE86, ST185, anything

No, lexus won't cut it.

My head will pop off if they do somthing stupid like make a midnight purple GTR.

Lambos are just made to look good and drive fast in. They're not made for hardcore racing and tuning like the other supercars. It's just a bad idea.

Give it up already.

The Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 is matches or exceeds its target competitors, the Ferrari F430 Scuderia and the Porsche (997) 911 GT2 in lap times around a racetrack. And those are both the most hardcore cars in their respective model line-ups. Some Lamborghinis may have been nothing but straight-line monsters, and Lamborghini doesn't have the racing credentials of Ferrari or McLaren, but they can build cars that are properly quick on the track or on the road.

There really aren't that many supercars made for hardcore racing or tuning.... I can only name one off of the top of my head that even has an adjustable suspension (none of that electronic damper crap... an honest to goodness adjustable suspension geometry...), and that's the Koenigsegg. All other supercars and super-sportscars are built ostensibly as street cars, first and foremost.

And what's wrong with looking good and going fast? Should we all be driving cars that look like this?

consulier.jpg

(it may be ugly as sin, but I vote that the Consulier GTP be included in GT5... it's just that radical... :lol: )

Kei cars aren't made for looking good, driving fast, hardcore racing or tuning, but they are in Gran Turismo aren't they?

A Bugatti Veyron isn't made for racing or tuning (who would need to?),but I don't see anyone not wanting that in Gran Turismo...What's your beef against Lambo?

ULTIMA GTR 👍:)

The ultimate streetable track car!!

ps: vote for it:sly:

it may be ugly as sin, but I vote that the Consulier GTP be included in GT5... it's just that radical...

I remember a competition held a while back in the states where the owner of Consulier challenged other supercar makers to beat the Consulier GTP's quickest lap time - if someone did beat it, Consulier cars would pay them a 100 000$ or something.
Cars like Diablo's, 911's, Ferraris and even an RX7 brought by Mazda with their own racing driver showed up - None got close to the "ugly ducklings" time.

Last edited:
They will be too common online and will get really annoying. They will take over supercar class just like ford gt does now in gt5p. Who would want a grid full of lambos all the time? I have to admit they should put them in but not like all lambos from 1990+. Just the gallardo and the murcielago.

They will be too common online and will get really annoying. They will take over supercar class just like ford gt does now in gt5p. Who would want a grid full of lambos all the time? I have to admit they should put them in but not like all lambos from 1990+. Just the gallardo and the murcielago.

This is already the case (GTR) :) . The problem lies with the PP calculation not the choice of cars available. Personally I'd love as many different cars as possible - though I'm not sure if I'd drive the Lambo's much.

It would be good if we could get a car that is a GTR-killer, the ZR1 perhaps 👍

The ZR1 beat the GTR at the ring with amasing speed and acceleration. The GTR destroys the ZR1 in turning. Look at the video comparisons.

PS. Lambos will be common online but they wont leave my red enzo or my silver zonda behind anyday.

I remember a competition held a while back in the states where the owner of Consulier challenged other supercar makers to beat the Consulier GTP's quickest lap time - if someone did beat it, Consulier cars would pay them a 100 000$ or something.
Cars like Diablo's, 911's, Ferraris and even an RX7 brought by Mazda with their own racing driver showed up - None got close to the "ugly ducklings" time.
That's because Warren Mosler is obsessed with weight loss, which was a major key to his Consulier GTP.
How could you possibly know this? You're just assuming without any factual evidence or anything that could even remotely lead to this being true.

They will be too common online and will get really annoying.

At least, it would look bettter than a grid full of GT-Rs! But seriously, I would still pick Ferrari & Porsche (if they put them in as well), although I probably would probably stop racing Japanese cars unless it's with the NSX or the FD...

I have to admit they should put them in but not like all lambos from 1990+. Just the gallardo and the murcielago.

The Miura, Countach & the Diablo definitely deserve to be in GT.

in case you haven't noticed, most of the supercars are undriveable in the races. (599, Ford GT, F40 etc etc)

Back