If you're going to mess with the tires, do it BEFORE the game launches.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagger311
  • 27 comments
  • 1,350 views
Messages
6,658
United States
Marietta, GA
Messages
Dagger31198
Polyphony digital just screwed up all of my corvettes because the tires heat up so fast it spins when I turn, as well as severe understeer! Thanks a lot, PD.
 
Hello, I have noticed that all of my car setup got very bad...I was able to be 0,5-2 secs faster with the setups before v.1.04
Exactly, they are ruining tuners with all of these changes! First the mr handling difference, now this!? Don't release the game if you aren't happy with it, Polyphony digital.
 
Exactly, they are ruining tuners with all of these changes! First the mr handling difference, now this!? Don't release the game if you aren't happy with it, Polyphony digital.

I mean these guys put so much effort in their tunings and threads and it will just get useless with changes like this.

Not good.
 
I had big plans for my tuning garage because I mistakenly assumed PD had done their homework on physics and the tuning menus/options. Didn't have as much time as I thought then had to take a break to nurse a sick relative for a while. Just getting back into the swing of things and I must say, I don't feel like making the effort to tune and post complete tunes anymore because they may only be relevant for a few days or weeks. It's a real drag that PD can't get things right before launch. 👎👎👎👎👎👎
 
I'm a bit torn on this. I understand the frustration that they didn't get things right, OTOH I'd find it just as frustrating if they kept things wrong. And there's still a few issues that need badly to be put right. Camber, ride height, drag...
 
I'll never complain about physics updates for the better, people on iRacing have to deal with this all the time and completely re-do all of their setups.

However, it should have been much further along than it was at release. PD really shot themselves in the foot with how bad GT6, and is making what happened with GT5 seem not so bad.
 
So does this only effect corvettes? And which game mode/s does it effect - online, arcade, A-spec, time trial, moon?

Can Op, and/or those with similar issues provide details - car type, game mode/s, driving aids and settings used before update.

And if the car/s have now been retuned , can we also see your revised settings?
 
So does this only effect corvettes? And which game mode/s does it effect - online, arcade, A-spec, time trial, moon?

Can Op, and/or those with similar issues provide details - car type, game mode/s, driving aids and settings used before update.

And if the car/s have now been retuned , can we also see your revised settings?
It affects all cars, it just pissed me off that it screwed with my favorite ones so bad. I haven't retuned any yet, trying to build my skill level at tuning first.

I only ever play online or career, and both of those are affected.

On a side note, I think the micropatch made the ground like quicksand, kind of like how forza did it.
 
Polyphony digital just screwed up all of my corvettes because the tires heat up so fast it spins when I turn, as well as severe understeer! Thanks a lot, PD.
Throttle control is the key!
 
It affects all cars, it just pissed me off that it screwed with my favorite ones so bad. I haven't retuned any yet, trying to build my skill level at tuning first.

I only ever play online or career, and both of those are affected.

On a side note, I think the micropatch made the ground like quicksand, kind of like how forza did it.

I haven't really noticed the issue myself, but I'm constantly adjusting everything. Any issues I find, I blame my previous adjustments.

What type of tires are on the cars?
 
I haven't really noticed the issue myself, but I'm constantly adjusting everything. Any issues I find, I blame my previous adjustments.

What type of tires are on the cars?
CH, hahaha
 
I haven't really noticed the issue myself, but I'm constantly adjusting everything. Any issues I find, I blame my previous adjustments.

What type of tires are on the cars?
Sports: soft. Won't use racing unless it's a race car.
 
It wasn't before the update. They were good enough to floor it without burnout.

Actually it was. The new tire model is very realistic. You can't plant your right foot and expect the car to grip and rocket out of a corner anymore, which is the same as real life. Remember, smooth is fast.
 
Actually it was. The new tire model is very realistic. You can't plant your right foot and expect the car to grip and rocket out of a corner anymore, which is the same as real life. Remember, smooth is fast.
Aww... But I don't like smooth! :p. I understand that it's more realistic, but they should have fixed all this before the launch. Screwing with one of the biggest aspects of the game in a major way like this should never be done post-launch.
 
I haven't really noticed the issue myself, but I'm constantly adjusting everything. Any issues I find, I blame my previous adjustments.

What type of tires are on the cars?
I agree, I haven't noticed many issues since 1.04 with my tunes. Perhaps our tuning 'style' is unaffected by whatever changes may have been made.

The only thing I've noticed was the brake change. I was running 3 | 2 (or there about) before and now I'm running 7 | 8 (or there about, example only).
 
Polyphony digital just screwed up all of my corvettes because the tires heat up so fast it spins when I turn, as well as severe understeer! Thanks a lot, PD.
The best thing you can do is send a complaint to PD, but that's not going to change the tire physics...
 
I agree, I haven't noticed many issues since 1.04 with my tunes. Perhaps our tuning 'style' is unaffected by whatever changes may have been made.

The only thing I've noticed was the brake change. I was running 3 | 2 (or there about) before and now I'm running 7 | 8 (or there about, example only).

Every time someone turns SRF off, PD releases a patch and a new thread appears
 
Every time someone turns SRF off, PD releases a patch and a new thread appears
Never had srf on in gt6. Started the game immediately with tcs at 5 and abs at 1.
 
Never had srf on in gt6. Started the game immediately with tcs at 5 and abs at 1.

I was kidding. SRF is forced on for some events though. Since 1.03 update I've noticed that driving aids don't always revert back to default when you get in a new car. I now check them every time I change car or track.

Turn that TCS 5 off, it slows you down
 
I was kidding. SRF is forced on for some events though. Since 1.03 update I've noticed that driving aids don't always revert back to default when you get in a new car. I now check them every time I change car or track.

Turn that TCS 5 off, it slows you down
Oh, I have tcs off now, that's just what I started with. In the process of dropping abs too.
 
I'll never complain about physics updates for the better, people on iRacing have to deal with this all the time and completely re-do all of their setups.

This is a bit of a misunderstanding about how iRacing works.

-There are updates every 13 weeks. Occasionally they'll do one mid-season for game-breaking stuff, but it's rare.
-Not every car is updated every 13 weeks. Some cars are still on the old tyre model, where current state of the art is new tyre model v5. There are cars on pretty much everything in between.
-Not every update breaks all current setups. Major tyre revisions almost always do, minor tweaks usually don't unless you're at the cutting edge and need every last ounce of speed.

The tyre changes are not anything near as onerous in iRacing as you make it sound. Having half a dozen cars getting a tyre update every 13 weeks isn't even comparable to GT6 changing the tyre physics for 1200+ cars several times in 8 weeks.
 
This is a bit of a misunderstanding about how iRacing works.

-There are updates every 13 weeks. Occasionally they'll do one mid-season for game-breaking stuff, but it's rare.
-Not every car is updated every 13 weeks. Some cars are still on the old tyre model, where current state of the art is new tyre model v5. There are cars on pretty much everything in between.
-Not every update breaks all current setups. Major tyre revisions almost always do, minor tweaks usually don't unless you're at the cutting edge and need every last ounce of speed.

The tyre changes are not anything near as onerous in iRacing as you make it sound. Having half a dozen cars getting a tyre update every 13 weeks isn't even comparable to GT6 changing the tyre physics for 1200+ cars several times in 8 weeks.

I wasn't trying to excuse GT's update frequency, just that they do have to adjust their setups to updates to the physics/tire model.
 
I wasn't trying to excuse GT's update frequency, just that they do have to adjust their setups to updates to the physics/tire model.

Certainly. I was taking issue with the phrase "people on iRacing have to deal with this all the time". They don't. It's far less common than you'd think.
 
It affects all cars, it just pissed me off that it screwed with my favorite ones so bad. I haven't retuned any yet, trying to build my skill level at tuning first.

I only ever play online or career, and both of those are affected.

On a side note, I think the micropatch made the ground like quicksand, kind of like how forza did it.

I noticed the dirt like quicksand also it's very weird I don't like it :banghead: It's going to take some getting used too o'well I'll learn.
 
Last edited:
I noticed the dirt like quicksand also it's very weird I don't like it :banghead: It's going to take some getting used too o'well I'll learn.
No more cutting tracks....
 
Back