Interesting/Cool Modifications

• Thread starter ewitspaul
  • 1,061 comments
I'm for sure not willing to count it as a GT3 car though, we barely have GT3 as it I cus we only have 3 GT3 cars with 1 paint scheme and 2 blank ones we can't paint. They need to make it look like the SuperGT field, lots of paint schemes for the cars to make it look and feel like a real GT3 race.

Yeah, it's too bad they didn't implement the entire grid from a particular season. Nevertheless, it's still very much appreciated. After all, even with the different liveries counted as different cars, they will drive about the same anyway - just the same cars ran by different racing teams. And after some laps, you'll get immersed in the experience, to the point that you won't notice whether the whole atmosphere feels legitimately representative of the related racing series or not. I'm still liking the fact that they're still pushing in more variety with fair amount of details - they still manage to seriously model these GT3-spec cars with fully details interiors, unlike the poorly reused or recycled ones from other racing series, like that single Ford V8 Supercar from the early 2000s and some DTM cars here and there, such as the Alfa Romeo V6 TI and the Opel Calibra Touring Car, which were still kept as standard cars.

And would you prefer them to implement an entire grid to fill in the slots for the max number of cars they had in mind, or add more from other automotive areas? I'd choose the latter. Not saying that I won't respect them if they choose the former option, or dismiss them as "duplicates" though. But there are just other games already that are dedicated to replicate a particular series.

How close it would be to the real thing, anyway. Even in the PC-exclusive, GTR 2, where the makers seemed to seriously attempt in replicating the FIA GT Championship series from 2003 and 2004, with physics arguably more realistic than the console-exclusive racing simulation games, they still didn't manage to implement penalties for causing a collision, for example.

I don't wanna expect PD to implement a whole racing series in their GT game - I'm still liking the fact that they're adding bits from here and there from various areas of the automotive world. I'm not gonna wish like that, and in terms of GT-spec racing cars, I have GTR 2 to virtually enjoy them. (yes, the cars are from 2003 and 2004, I know, but there are mods out there for the newer cars) Still, I don't wanna expect PD to do such things. It's already enough to see their dedication to bring in the Super GT cars. I'd rather see more variety, and I enjoy a GT game partially because of the various cars available, and the good feeling in the sense of ownership as you earn credits and buy that car you were dreaming about. I don't wanna focus on simply racing a particular vehicle from a certain race series in a GT game.

Oh, and now I think that modified 458 Italia looks closer to the new 458 Challenge Evoluzione, (not gonna post another picture on the page though) rather than the 458 Italia GT3. Fewer winglets.

And by no means I was saying that I wholeheartedly accepted that modified 458 as a legitimate FIA GT3-spec car in the very first place, I was just expressing my appreciation. As I said, it's like another GT3 car, I didn't address it as another GT3 car. It's just in terms of the initial impression I get, from the first glance of its exterior.

Wing removal is on the majority of cars I believe, even standards. The wingless SVT Cobra looks fantastic!
lol that was the best wingless car to me also bro, I hated the stock wing it came with, now it looks more like the ones I see everyday...all they need to do is make it premium.

BTW, the wing of the Toyota supra SZ-R '97 can be removed but not the supra RZ '97

Last edited:
Yeah, it's too bad they didn't implement the entire grid from a particular season. Nevertheless, it's still very much appreciated. After all, even with the different liveries counted as different cars, they will drive about the same anyway - just the same cars ran by different racing teams. And after some laps, you'll get immersed in the experience, to the point that you won't notice whether the whole atmosphere feels legitimately representative of the related racing series or not. I'm still liking the fact that they're still pushing in more variety with fair amount of details - they still manage to seriously model these GT3-spec cars with fully details interiors, unlike the poorly reused or recycled ones from other racing series, like that single Ford V8 Supercar from the early 2000s and some DTM cars here and there, such as the Alfa Romeo V6 TI and the Opel Calibra Touring Car, which were still kept as standard cars.

And would you prefer them to implement an entire grid to fill in the slots for the max number of cars they had in mind, or add more from other automotive areas? I'd choose the latter. Not saying that I won't respect them if they choose the former option, or dismiss them as "duplicates" though. But there are just other games already that are dedicated to replicate a particular series.

How close it would be to the real thing, anyway. Even in the PC-exclusive, GTR 2, where the makers seemed to seriously attempt in replicating the FIA GT Championship series from 2003 and 2004, with physics arguably more realistic than the console-exclusive racing simulation games, they still didn't manage to implement penalties for causing a collision, for example.

I don't wanna expect PD to implement a whole racing series in their GT game - I'm still liking the fact that they're adding bits from here and there from various areas of the automotive world. I'm not gonna wish like that, and in terms of GT-spec racing cars, I have GTR 2 to virtually enjoy them. (yes, the cars are from 2003 and 2004, I know, but there are mods out there for the newer cars) Still, I don't wanna expect PD to do such things. It's already enough to see their dedication to bring in the Super GT cars. I'd rather see more variety, and I enjoy a GT game partially because of the various cars available, and the good feeling in the sense of ownership as you earn credits and buy that car you were dreaming about. I don't wanna focus on simply racing a particular vehicle from a certain race series in a GT game.

Oh, and now I think that modified 458 Italia looks closer to the new 458 Challenge Evoluzione, (not gonna post another picture on the page though) rather than the 458 Italia GT3. Fewer winglets.

And by no means I was saying that I wholeheartedly accepted that modified 458 as a legitimate FIA GT3-spec car in the very first place, I was just expressing my appreciation. As I said, it's like another GT3 car, I didn't address it as another GT3 car. It's just in terms of the initial impression I get, from the first glance of its exterior.

I don't expect them to add a whole grid of GT3 cars or anything, but when they add a race series I want to see a little diversity. When you are at a race or watching one on TV its all the colors of the cars with all the different numbers and stuff, all that. Of the 4 GT3 cars there are only 3 real world paint schemes. I just wanna see them add a couple of paint jobs like they do for NASCAR or SuperGT. That or give the 3 that don't base models and add like 2 or 3 painting options for base models, instead of cars that are one color with a lot of empty space.

When I'm in the car yes, its a very immersive experience, but its when I'm racing against other cars in the field that its weird. It's like if I'm racing in a 5 car pack in the #3 Team Phoenix Audi R8 Ultra with 2 other #3 R8's that look the same as mine, the #1 BMW Z4 (identical to the one I passed a couple turns ago), and a Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 that doesn't have a paint job. That's not what its like to be racing on a real grid. If they added a couple different paint jobs or base models with 2-tone paint options, that would be epic! That's what it would feel like to be in a real race and it would be an incredible gaming experience. It would be epic to have some online leagues if we had that too.

And ya know, if it was any other form of racing it wouldn't be a big thing to me. You mention PD's dedication to the SuperGT series, I wish they would focus like that on sports car racing. I feel that GT sports car racing is the staple of the Gran Turismo franchise. It's the epitome of everything Gran Turismo is meant to be. For people with a passion for racing amateur GT racing is the route that people can go and therefore I think a lot of gamers feels more of a connection with sports cars like this. Further more look at any picture of a car from the Nurburgring 24 hour and tell me what you see? A Gran Turismo banner across the top of the windshield. Gran Turismo's marketing is involved more with European GT racing then any other series in the world; far ore than even Super GT. In GT Academy we compete to go racing GT sports cars of the FIA GT homologation (GT1, GT3, etc). Even Kaz goes and races those cars from time to time! The game is most closely tied to European sports car racing yet there is a surprising lack of its presence in the Gran Turismo video games. That's what I don't understand.

And like I said, it doesn't take much from where we are at to get there, just diversity in the cars appearance. I don't think its too hard for them to do that, seeing when the DeltaWing got removed with Don Panoz's lawsuit and when it came back it had a different manufacturer and a new livery, which although we can't confirm it, I feel like the chrome one is here because of that. They do it with NASCAR and SuperGT, they just need to add a couple of liveries for the GT3 cars we have, and maybe in the future add a few more models. I've been saying for a while that the 6 cars they really need are GT racer of the Audi R8, Aston Martin V10 Vantage, Mercedes SLS AMG, BMW Z4, McLaren MP4-12C, and of course the big one, the Ferrari 458. Gran Turismo 6 has given us half of those, hopefully in the coming months we can see the rest!

Not really "cool" But the 2nd body kit for the SLR Mclaren is horrific. Then it gets even worse when you look at it from the rear.. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a simple wheel width/offset adjustment to accompany the massive arches it now has..

It's soooo terrible. Someone needs to post it so everyone can see the terribleness.
I believe @p3bucky posted a pic of it a few pages back. Lemme dig it up for ya. ;)
Edit: Here it is!
gemasolar_4-jpg.87629

Now THAT is how the car should look with that kit on it (minus the spoiler and liveries).
The way it looks in GT6 reminds me of this:
scion-coupe-body-kit-fail.jpg
There is a Fiat 500 Abarth in a town nearby that has a body kit on. It looks even sillier tha this car in winter because it runs on very narrow tires ,so it looks like a squashed bug.

Just imagine how amazing the SLR Mclaren body kit will look once chassis swaps start. Put a wider chassis on it, a bigger wing, and it'll look like a real race car!

Not sure if anyone posted about this yet, but the VW 1600 has front and rear number delete and a few custom wings. I though that was cool.

I don't know whether this has already been posted, but earlier today while I was painting a bunch of cars, one of them had an interesting effect.

This could go in the glitches thread but at the same time you could also call it a "modded feature". Painting the Lexus GS 300 Vertex Edition '00 in one of the glitched colours will remove the main brake lights.

Ronda_zpsde7a32a0.jpg

Ronda_2_zps2a752ecd.jpg

I don't know whether this has already been posted, but earlier today while I was painting a bunch of cars, one of them had an interesting effect.

This could go in the glitches thread but at the same time you could also call it a "modded feature". Painting the Lexus GS 300 Vertex Edition '00 in one of the glitched colours will remove the main brake lights.

Ronda_zpsde7a32a0.jpg

Ronda_2_zps2a752ecd.jpg

What do you mean by "glitched colors"?

What do you mean by "glitched colors"?

There are some paint chips that, instead of painting the car in the appropiate colour, the car comes out with an ultra black matte paint. Something like "Autumn yellow" did this in version 1.00, and the pearlescent paint chip "Sonic Blue Mica" does this in update 1.01. There are probably other paint chips that will do the same.

Did you do the V1.00 sell car glitch? I assume you painted a car using an anniversary color and then you never re-downloaded the colors after getting your 20 million

Back