IRS IROC Series Season 6 | aceboy127 wins the Blue Moon 200 and the championship

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 178 comments
I plan on racing but dont know if I'll survive 200 laps. This move has taken a lot out of me.
Done some testing, race should be about an hour long.

Gonna be running an IROC throwback. I'll try and post it here before the race. Just waiting on a decal.

I'm not used to ovals. Is it safer for someone getting lapped to stay on the inside or up top? I don't want to deal with any mishaps due to it being such a short track.

Inside at Northern Isle. Since that gives the car lapping more room to drive off the corner on the outside, or else it would take about 10 laps to get by.

4900493649667687444_0.jpg

4909500846103856148_0.jpg

Gamestop power up rewards pro

5053611629827064852_0.jpg

4908937889707982868_0.jpg

gamestop

Sucks that Gamestop is probably gonna be gone by the end of the year but yea cool
Every retail company be dying from online shopping (aka amazon) take over retail company. People be more lazy to shop and they want stuff ship to their house or business.

:D Holy crap! I'm ecstatic right now! I cannot believe I managed to pull that off! Thank you so much to everyone who drove tonight for such an incredible race! Especially you @aceboy127 for racing me clean there at the end.

I wish I could make all the races. I'm gonna try and do the Route X race next, so hopefully I'll see you guys in a few weeks.

I'm gonna post a few pics tomorrow.

I also was told that I was having some lag issues. Hopefully I didn't mess up anyone's race. I'll see what I can do for next time to try and prevent that.

Thanks again!

Guess I’m content with 4th place. Disappointed to have such a poor performance on an oval, but that’s a lot better than I thought I’d do at the beginning of the night. My car still only actually had enough speed to be 6th or 7th, just lucked into a few more spots.

Was a fun race though, felt more entertained at the end of it than I have in a while.

Big Willow is next. So instead of having walls all around the track to keep you in we get the opposite which is no barriers and wide open space to go off on. :lol: At least it's a real track so I should have a better chance. Also, new signature to get all the links in. Apparently you can only have 5 links in a signature.

Thanks everyone for the great race last night, it was an enjoyable comeback to online racing after a few years off. It was a typical oval for me, middle of the pack pace and some bad luck. But i look forward to turning right again next weekend!

That was a really fun race last night guys. I loved seeing all the different strategies playing out especially towards the end of the race. It looked like there was almost always a battle going on somewhere.

@Dylan, I really have to say you timed that pit stop perfectly, put yourself in a great position to steal that win away from me.

@racefan88 it was great to see you back last night after such a long time competing on track together, I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time.

Sorry about what happened during the caution periods, it felt really unorganized there, but it's such a short track that there was nothing I could do about it. I'm planning on implementing some sort of lobby code system for me to relay to everyone, especially if we are not in the same party. I'll post it up once I figure it out.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten my results document up and running yet. My Standings document is done, just needs posted. I'd expect both of those to be done by Tuesday at the latest. Now we're off to Big Willow, should be an interesting race.

Alright guys results and standings are now posted. I plan to add the fastest laps for everyone this evening.

At Northern Isle we did experience a major issue with trying to facilitate cautions. While it would help if we could get everyone in the same chat, I do understand that it is not always possible. Until we get to a point where 16 player party chats are a regular thing we will be utilizing lobby codes for the organizer to get information to the drivers as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Driver Codes
  • C - The current way for a driver to call a caution, this will not be changing.
Organizer Codes
  • FCY - The organizer will type this out when calling a caution.
  • PC - "Pits Closed" The pits will be closed at the moment of caution, but will be typed as a reminder. It will likely be typed the same time as FCY.
  • PO - The pits are open for service.
  • G# - Green Flag on lap #. The # in this instance represents the lap number the race will go green on.
  • LD - The lucky dog will get 1 lap back the same lap the pits open. He will be able to make a pit stop after getting his lap back. He will also start at the back of the pack. This will likely be called out the same time as the pits open.
Also a couple of notes. To keep things simple, the pits are closed until the entire field regroups after a cautions comes out. Once the field regroups I will open the pits. Any lapped cars that are no longer a lap down once the leaders pit are allowed to are allowed to drive around and get a lap back, but are not allowed to pit.

Hey guys, here is my perspective from Saturday Night with commentary.

My perspective of the race. No commentary.
Race start at 33:00
Final ten laps at 1:30:20

Time for the role call for Saturday's race. Also, I'd like to try to get everyone on the Beta, so we can use the 16 player party chat assuming we have more than 8 confirmations.

Big Willow 125 Entry List
09 - @DesertPenguin - DesertPenguin09
13 - @racefan88 - racefan8850
14 - @CAB114 - CAB114
25 - @bloodyboyblue - bloodyboyblue
27 - @aceboy127 - aceboy127
37 - @AngryEater - AngryEater

55 - @Herimopp89 - Herimopp89
57 - @kpstormie - kpstormie
61 - @Mikhail24RD - Mikhail24RD
71 - @Jacob Falcon - Jfalcon71
72 - @Dylan - GTP_Dylan_GTP
84 - @damonc84 - damon84c
90 - @Alan_2134 - Alan_2134

92 - @Whitey093 - Whitey093

Legend
Confirmed

Tentative
Not Confirmed
Not Attending

Last edited:
Put me as tentative just to be safe. I still have to clean my pedals and if that's not the solution I don't know what I'll do.

Time for the role call for Saturday's race. Also, I'd like to try to get everyone on the Beta, so we can use the 16 player party chat assuming we have more than 8 confirmations.

Big Willow 125 Entry List
09 - @DesertPenguin - DesertPenguin09
13 - @racefan88 - racefan8850
14 - @CAB114 - CAB114
25 - @bloodyboyblue - bloodyboyblue
27 - @aceboy127 - aceboy127
37 - @AngryEater - AngryEater
55 - @Herimopp89 - Herimopp89
57 - @kpstormie - kpstormie
61 - @Mikhail24RD - Mikhail24RD
71 - @Jacob Falcon - Jfalcon71
72 - @Dylan - GTP_Dylan_GTP