Is GT Sport a good game?

It's a stunning looking title considering the platform, and for the first time actually has reasonable sounds for a GT title, the on-line format (which borrows heavily from iRacing) is good and it's easy to get into and has one of the best livery editors around. It's also been well supported, with it now having a good car roster, but the tracklist is still quite lacking (and the original tracks in GTS don't, on the whole, hold a candle to past ones).

On the negative side, the offline is still the 'chase the rabbit' nonsense to make up for the poor AI, the physics, handling and FFB are still lacking massively and despite being laser scanned the tracks are still too smooth and disturbingly lacking in surface detail, even in comparison to other titles on console (vs PC titles it has no hope in these areas).

As such it depends on what you want out of it and what your expectations and benchmarks are, for me its a very casual distraction that allows for some stunning photos to be obtained from it, however as an actual simulator of driving or racing it's a long way down the list.

It's ok.
Graphics are good and very easy to set up a private lobby for friends. Decent set of cars and circuits. Livery editor is very open and replay capability and photo modes are excellent.
However physics and FFB is too plain, AI is rubbish, and penalty system online sucks.

I only ever play GTS in private lobbies now, I find anything else too boring.

Last edited:
Back