Is Northern Isle Speedway the most boring track, ever?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 29 comments

Northern Isle

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Route X

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Australia
Australia
I think so, prove me wrong here... Even a dirt oval would've been better. Same layout and everything, just make it dirt and add sprint cars in an update. Got my flame suit on.. I know what's coming

Last edited:
Route X for me actually has some value if you're determined to reach top speeds in any car, this is about the only track to do it, and it has markings, scenery ain't too boring but could be better, GT7 version trumps the GT6 version of Route X. Though I still prefer the test track in GT3 to it, since it's straights are much shorter. Laser scanned Daytona is better than that track though. But I really miss GT5's Indy oval for some reason, maybe due to how difficult it is to be consistent and my nostalgia

Last edited:
In my opinion no, it (like all the ovals) needs an actual stock car in the game to utilize it's potential better. Yes, one can build a car to fit those sort of regulations, but I never see anyone running a series like that every in lobby mode, let alone advertise the idea of it here or on any other socials. Northern Isle has some character to it as well, I like the asymmetric factor of turn 4 tightening up quicker than turn 2, and the environment is much nicer, especially at night.

Route X is about as much a purpose built test track as you could possibly make one. Everything about it is much less exciting than Northern Isle, environment, driving experience, all of it.

Ever in the series? No, there have been worse tracks in GT games.

Ever in GT7? Again, no. The thing is that track is only used for 1 singular event, white it could actually hold so many more.

The venue is boring, but NIS is engaging in the sense that you can’t just floor it. SSRX has cooler surroundings, but the driving experience it offers is sleep-inducing. So how do we measure boring?

The venue is boring, but NIS is engaging in the sense that you can’t just floor it. SSRX has cooler surroundings, but the driving experience it offers is sleep-inducing. So how do we measure boring?
How do you measure boring? objectively... Visually, there's not a whole lot to look at. I tend to play in 3rd person on the controller, so visuals are of great importance to me. NIS also feels like a erally small track, like the longer I drive on it the more it feels like there's just nothing modelled that exists outside the stadium. Probably a really good track for struggling older PS4 consoles

I won’t prove you wrong or change your mind, but to me SSRX is the most boring track. Yes, it has its uses, but as far as driving enjoyment and engagement goes, SSRX is the most boring. At least at NIS there are circumstances in which you’d need to brake or lift so you don’t hit a wall. At SSRX you just stay WOT the entire time and remember to steer slightly for each curve.

EDIT: typo correction

Last edited:
I think so, prove me wrong here... Even a dirt oval would've been better. Same layout and everything, just make it dirt and add sprint cars in an update. Got my flame suit on.. I know what's coming
Why do I (or anyone else) have to prove you wrong? It's entirely subjective and anyone who agrees with you isn't any more or less wrong that those who don't. What is the point of this thread?

Never heard anyone say Nordschleife is boring...I guess there is a first time for everything. :lol:
People are scared of the truth 🤣

It's so looooong. Reminds me of childhood holidays driving to the south of France. I can't help but want to ask if we're nearly there yet.

People are scared of the truth 🤣

It's so looooong. Reminds me of childhood holidays driving to the south of France. I can't help but want to ask if we're nearly there yet.
giphy.gif

Oh, and I came here to share the hatred of Northern Isles . . . but my therapist recommended against doing so.

How can it be boring, when using a 20 car grid of Superbirds and Mustangs?
It's like Dover. The track is awesome when used for Stock Cars. Set tyre wear to 10x and pit stop action adds to the flavour and mix up of cars. Afternoon to night transition. Too cool.

I even ran Group C cars around there. Gotta make use of your imagination.

I’m not into oval racing in real life. But there’s something very chill about knocking tenths of a second off your best time. You get a new appreciation for NASCAR & Indycar drivers and their techniques.

It would be nice to have an actual NASCAR in GT7. I also want a Super Speedway.

I think it's one of the worst. It's an obvious Daytona rip-off, and we don't need it as we have Daytona! What we need is Indy 🙏
Daytona is a 2.5mile tri-oval. Actually, Northern Isle is closer to Martinsville in length, at half a mile. The only short track I've been to is Dover, that's why it feels like that to me.

I largely prefer DTG to NIS (and I prefer SSX to NIS too)
DTG is so much wackiness. Reminds me of Complex String from GT3, guess that's why I like it, super challenging test course type vibe. Though I'd rather race laps on many other tracks, except monza with chicanes. That track is just too much fun for me when it's online. I must log off the moment it comes into rotation.

Last edited:
I find the track fun to mess around with multiplayer, both in the lobbies and split-screen. Although I miss the Infield layout from GT Sport. There could be a lot of uses for that layout...

How can you say such a thing about Northern Isle when Dragon Trail Gardens is in the game? 😱
Dragon Trail Gardens is the kind of track where I dread it with all my soul before racing there. And when actually racing there, it's okay-ish. But then I go back to hating it shortly after a race.

Back