January Nupdate 2023

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 67 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I got excited by the title, but I said in my mind, “typical”. I’m usually asleep when the update trailer drops. Oh well. Guess I’ll find out while I’m on holiday, in Melbourne for a week.

Not that I got excited by the title, but I said in my mind, “typical”. I’m usually asleep when the update trailer drops. Oh well. Guess I’ll find out while I’m on holiday, in Melbourne for a week.
And with your luck, it'll probably drop right after you head to bed :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: kjb
I’m starting to really hope there isn't a Jan update now just to see the reaction on here! 😂
Amen. This x a million. The only thing that would top it would be if the February update contained only one car, one race event with a payout below 50k credits, and one new layout where the only change is a relocated start/finish line. Oh, and a new Extra Menu that involves collecting three 20-million-credit cars.

Knowing what's coming in Feb, could it be that the Feb update will be a double shot?

It's certainly curious that PD would break their continuous monthly cycle of updates, but with something as big as PSVR2 on the horizon (and the amount of gameplay it will revolutionize), maybe we'll get some extra to really help draw people back into the game alongside everything else that's new?

I'll just toss this out there - the only thing that is "confirmed" at this point is any January update will not have any cars, based on the lack of the teaser silhouettes from Kaz. The actual announcements of all the previous updates have come the day prior to the update, and that is tomorrow (at least in the Western Hemisphere).

Last edited:
I'll just toss this out there - the only thing that is "confirmed" at this point is any January update will not have any cars, based on the lack of the teaser silhouettes from Kaz. The actual announcements of all the previous updates have come the day prior to the update, and that is tomorrow (at least in the Western Hemisphere).
Those announcements are usually just the cars, tracks and the new scapes though. Would be funny if they put out a blog that only had Scapes

There might be an early Feb update.

Perhaps PD are busy fine tuning the VR stuff and are more concerned with this update instead.

Or it's the start of less frequent updates. I think Kaz may even have mentioned this when asked about updates before, they just happened to be monthly to begin with but were not promised as such.

Those announcements are usually just the cars, tracks and the new scapes though. Would be funny if they put out a blog that only had Scapes
Wouldn't surprise me any. One time, they did mention the contents of a pair of Extra Menus.
There might be an early Feb update.

Perhaps PD are busy fine tuning the VR stuff and are more concerned with this update instead.

Or it's the start of less frequent updates. I think Kaz may even have mentioned this when asked about updates before, they just happened to be monthly to begin with but were not promised as such.
Again, wouldn't surprise me, though I suspect the VR update would be the sole update between January and February.

Amen. This x a million. The only thing that would top it would be if the February update contained only one car, one race event with a payout below 50k credits, and one new layout where the only change is a relocated start/finish line. Oh, and a new Extra Menu that involves collecting three 20-million-credit cars.
Now you've jinxed it!

A silhouette this Sunday could fit with a new update schedule, meaning an update on 2nd Feb and then a further update on the 2nd Mar for its anniversary with 2.0 happening beginning of May

A silhouette this Sunday could fit with a new update schedule, meaning an update on 2nd Feb and then a further update on the 2nd Mar for its anniversary with 2.0 happening beginning of May
Except we have the (likely) date of the February VR update - 2/16 (the Thursday before the PS VR2 is released on 2/22, also the third Thursday of the month).

Reposting here (and I am sure there were complaints when that happened in GT Sport days):
For those freaking out about possibly no updates this month, the months without GT Sport updates (up until February 2020, the last active update month for that game) were:
  • June 2018
  • February 2019 (made up by two updates in March because of the SF19)
  • January 2020
Additionally, some of GT Sport updates did release early in the month rather than later (November 2018 and the first March 2019 update comes to mind).

Guys the monthly updates were only for the first year - theyre managing our expectations and theyve decided that to put out a minimum of 3 cars in an update they need to move to a bi-monthly schedule. So we can expect 18 cars this year, and then nothing the following year as we'll all have lost interest by then.

Guys the monthly updates were only for the first year - theyre managing our expectations and theyve decided that to put out a minimum of 3 cars in an update they need to move to a bi-monthly schedule. So we can expect 18 cars this year, and then nothing the following year as we'll all have lost interest by then.
Remember to state that’s your interpretation. GT Sport also skipped months every once in a while, and long before its DLC programme had ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back