Joy of Driving Car Reviews and Tuning Garage

• Thread starter Ksquad
  • 64 comments
Canada
Canada
I've spent countless hours and days trolling GTPlanet trying to figure out which cars are the fastest at various PP levels so I could be the most competitive online. Thing is after having done this I found myself not having as much fun as one should be while playing a game. I found myself getting frustrated by getting defeated online by people I felt I was a better driver than due to my use of sports tires on road cars instead of racing tires which with the exception of FF cars seem to give any car I put them on that isn't a racing car horrendous snap oversteer that at my skill level I just can't counter with a DS3.

So with this in mind I set out with a new goal of just finding cars that are fun to drive. Cars that might not necessarily be the fastest, but cars that put a smile on your face and/or give you a real sense of accomplishment when you get it just right.

For me the type of car that makes me smile is a car that can charge hard into a corner way too fast, put up with you yanking the steering wheel/controller to the side as hard as you can without spearing off into a wall and then give you some lovely corner exit oversteer to make you feel like you are some kind of drifting god without sending you off the track bass ackwards!:cool:

All tunes tested on a DS3 with all aids turned off except for ABS:1 and sensitivity set to 0.

***Note*** I've set the camber for all tunes front and rear to 0.0 because with the way it is in 1.04 any car/tune I have tested has had more grip at that setting

For my tunes I use QuickTune to get a baseline to started and then tweak for my individual driver preferences. If you haven't already heard of it, I suggest you go give it a look!

Reviews

600pp
Rac3rz Edge TG Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 page 1 post #7
@BlueShift's Abt Audi TT-R '02 page 1 post #18

Praiano Tunes' Honda Weider HSV-010 '11 (Honda Raybrig HSV-010 '12) page 1 post #24
HTR Tuning's SRT Viper GTS '13 page 2 post #44

550pp
HaB-Racing's Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05 page 1 post #2
Praiano Tunes' McLaren MP4-12C page 1 post #3
JTQ Tunes' Ferarri 430 Scuderia '07 page 1 post #21
Silver's Togue Shop Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) '94 page 2 post #36
TunerXande1959's RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 page 2 post #41
Get Funky Garage's Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car '69 page 2 post #51
The Devil's Playground Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision GT page 2 post #55
Little Duckpond Under The Mountain DS3 Tuners' Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car page 2 post #61

500pp

Clueless Over The Hill Outlaws' Tommy Kaira ZZ11 '00 page 1 post #4
Little Duckpond Under The Mountain DS3 Tuners' Honda NSX Type R '02 page 1 post #6
Chunkey_Monkey's KTM X-BOW Street '12 page 2 post #46

450pp
Praiano Tune's Dino 246 GT '71 page 1 post #5

Other

Penso's Garage Ford RS200 '84 page 1 post #2
Arrakis Speed Shop's Honda Civic Type R '08 page 1 post #4
Silver's Togue Shop Spoon Integra Type R (DC2) '99 page 1 post #22
LazyDonkey's Ultimate 550pp Tuning Shop's Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 page 2 post #42

Tunes
450pp Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04 page 2 post #56

Last edited:
Car Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05
Tuner HaB-Racing @Highlandor
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...dcars-450-550-600pp-online-only.293305/page-9 post # 248
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 401hp, 440ft-lb, 1200kg, 54:46 weight balance
Synopsis Low speed/medium speed track cornering demon

Impressions
This car is an absolute blast to drive! Despite the car being AWD, HaB-Racing has dialed out any hint of understeer in nearly every situation save if you plow into a corner way too fast. Unfortunately this car has an engine powerband which falls off in the higher RPM range so for my driving style I found it preferable to overspec the engine and run a power limiter to give you the flat power range versus running with no limiter and having power drop off like a rock above 8.5k or so (redline is around 1-2k RPM higher than that). Think of this car with this tune as an AWD equivalent to the Amuse S2000 R1 (which to me feels like it is glued to the road at the 450-500PP level). My only issue with this car is that it has a low top speed so is only well-suited to low-medium speed tracks. On tracks like the 'ring it will get left behind on the straights.

Notes
For my personal driving preference I found that a weight of 1200kg with a 54:46 balance was the best compromise between lightness and power. This car still handles beautifully up to around 1400kg but given that it has a poor top speed the loss of some of the flickability of the car to me starts to take away from the essence of what makes this car so enjoyable.

Car Ford RS200 '84
Tuner Penso's Garage @Johnnypenso
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...cuda-and-89-galant.293676/page-4#post-9343683 post # 97
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 520pp, 434hp, 344ft-lb, 1092kg, 49:51 weight balance
Synopsis Sublime 4WD drifting go-kart

Impressions
This one of my most favourites car to drive in GT6! The best way to describe it is like the Top Gear review of the Mitsubishi Evolution (the one where they battle against a Lambo). You can do things with this car you never thought possible, the car just makes it work! Overspeed into a corner? No worries, you can just point the wheels in the direction you want to go and mash the gas and the car will powerslide out of the corner in a controlled fashion. This car also seems like an excellent training vehicle to learn drifting in. No snap oversteer or crazy understeer just a great handling car that slides in a predictable fashion everytime.

Notes
The only changes I made to this tune were to change to sports soft tires and to lower the weight to 1,092kg to make the car more flickable and to up the power to the 520pp limit as it makes it a lot easier to control your drifts with that extra power.

Last edited:
Car McLaren MP4-12C
Tuner Praiano Tunes @praiano63
Tune http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.ca/2014/01/mclaren-mp4-12c.html
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 550pp, 453hp, 465ft-lb, 1,300kg 42:58 weight balance
Synopsis Exceptionally balanced mid/high speed track demon

Impressions
Just like Praiano says, this car got some extra love from PD (though I'm sure his tuning abilities played a large part in this as well!). This car just seems to do everything right. It has a pretty sharp turn-in and at the 550pp power level it has exceptional rear grip, even out of low speed corners. This car is both my favourite and my most hated in one. Why is that? I love it for the fact that it handles almost like it's on rails and with the 7-speed gearbox it always seems like you are in power-band, however I hate the car for the fact that if you so much as clip a line or a curb this car is very unforgiving (especially when playing with grip set to real) which has ruined many a 'ring lap of mine. This is probably not nearly as much of an issue for wheel users as you could make much more delicate inputs. When you get it right though this car is very rewarding and I find myself coming back to it again and again.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune were to drop it to 550pp as at 600pp I found it a big chore for me not to power oversteer out of corner exits and to up the weight to 1,300kg because at this weight the car seems to have better rotation than when it's lighter and also has the added bonus of allowing you to add more power and stay at the same PP level. When I race this car online on the 'ring provided I don't hit any curbs this car is faster than nearly every car I've raced against until you hit the big long straightaways when the car starts to run out of steam above like 250km/h.

Last edited:
Car Tommy Kaira ZZ11 '00
Tuner Clueless Over The Hill Outlaws @NEWDRIVER2
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-outlaws-op-updated-14-02-14.291743/page-14 post #392
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 500pp, 307hp, 360ft-lb, 990kg, 50:50 weight balance
Synopsis Faaaast and predictable 500pp track monster. Low/med/highspeed ok.

Impressions
This car is listed here not so much because it puts a smile on your face like the RS200 or when you get a corner just right in the Dino, but rather because it's a very nice all-around car. At the 500pp level this car dominates almost anything on medium/high speed tracks and can hold it's line without fussing. The car doesn't quite turn-in as sharp as I would like but it is fairly sharp none the less and has no issues with exit oversteer. This for me is an exceptionally forgiving car which makes it fantastic for when you want to race online at 90% concentration and have a shot at winning, unlike cars such as the NSX which require 100% concentration at all times to avoid going off-track.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune to suit my driving style is to lower the downforce to 50 and to change the torque split to 10:90.

Car Honda Civic Type R '08
Tuner Arrakis Speed Shop @feydrautha
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ismo-gt-r-lm-z4-m-honda-today-g.293734/page-4 post #93
Tires
Front: Racing Soft, Rear: Racing Hard
Specs 534pp, 395hp, 238ft-lb, 1,039kg, 58:42 weight balance
Synopsis Best FF I've come across. Handles like an MR. Works well at all tracks I've tested.

Impressions
Like the tune says this car handles just like a FWD NSX. It has an exceptional turn-in and corner grip (especially with the racing tires) and gives you no problems whatsoever. The car is so delightful it's a shame it tops out at the low PP that it does because it still has fantastic grip even at 534pp and next to no power-induced exit understeer. It's one of the few (only) road cars I drive with racing tires that doesn't feel like it will snap oversteer and kill me at any moment. It feels like driving with RS tires in GT5.

Notes
Other than taking off the front camber I didn't change a thing with this tune. This car is amazing and suprisingly sharp for a FWD car. The engine on this car sounds fantastic, pity PD didn't let you add any more power to this car because I think it might possibly be able to give the Elise a run for it's money on low/medium speed tracks.

Last edited:
Car Dino 246 GT '71
Tune http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.ca/2013/12/ferrari-dino-2246-gt-71.html
Tires
Sports Mediums
Specs 450pp, 257hp, 211ft-lb, 1,120kg, 47:53 weight balance
Synopsis For faster tracks and pure driving pleasure

Impressions
I'm not usually much for cars below the 500pp range because I like to see the scenery whizzing by a bit faster but I must say that this car is pretty fun to drive! It's not nearly as sharp on turn-in (especially with sport mediums) as the Subaru or NSX I've listed above however for it's age and tires it's running this car has a much sharper turn in than you may expect. This is a car that really rewards you when you get it right. Even with the smiles a car like the RS200 gives you the feeling (to me) is nothing compared to the feeling of chucking the Dino into some of the corners like the Karussell on the 'ring and getting the weight transfer and power delivery just right. It's sublime.

Notes
The only change I made to this tune was to install sports medium tires because for me it allowed me to spend more time happily sliding sideways through corners instead of cursing myself for carrying too much speed into corners and plowing into walls.

Last edited:
Car Honda NSX Type R '02
Tuner Little Duckpond Under the Mountain Tuners @Thorin Cain
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/little-duckpond-under-the-mountain-ds3-tuners.301902/ post #11
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 500pp, 327hp, 344lb-ft, 1,059kg, 46:54 weight balance
Synopsis Stable, corner carving monster at any speed

Impressions
A fantastic car! For my style of driving it has great balance. I like a car with a very sharp turn-in and as little exit oversteer as possible and this car delivers. The front end of this car grips so well on sports softs you find yourself wanting to check to make sure you aren't running racing tires! The car will bite you if you aren't careful and get on the power way too early in some corners (like the last corner of Brands Hatch) but if you are careful with your throttle control this car carves up corners like it's on rails. It especially comes alive on faster circuits like the 'ring as it handles the high speed corners well and at 500pp it has a faster top speed than most other cars at this PP level.

Notes
The changes I made to the tune for my personal preference was to not install the body rigidity (I'm told it just adds understeer and I like my turn-ins sharp as possible), flat floors (makes for slower overall lap times), dropped the rear downforce to 15 (to allow for more rotation on turn-in) and upped the weight to 1,059kg which didn't make much of a sacrifice to handling and allowed for a bit more power and top speed down the back straight of the 'ring.

Last edited:
Car Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
Tuner Rac3rz Edge TG @Jack Napier (Their profile page doesn't exist?)
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ts-jack-the-ripper-aventador-lp-915-4.297694/ post #1
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 600pp, 660hp, 609ft-lb, 1,297kg, 42:58 weight balance
Synopsis Predictable and fast 600pp road car

Impressions
This car is a bit of an exception to the other cars in this list in that it doesn't have nearly as sharp of a turn-in as the other cars. Basically this is the only 600pp road car I have found so far that I can actually drive and stay on track and feel comfortable with and I have tested tons of different cars and various tunes for them. Despite this car not being quite as flickable or having a super sharp turn-in like some of the other cars in this thread this car has it's own form of joy. For me that joy comes on the last corner of Brands Hatch where with this car practically drifts itself around the last corner!

Notes
When I first tried this tune out as posted I found the car understeered far more than I like. So with that in mind I made the following changes. Raised the ride height in the rear from 82 inches to 84 inches (increases oversteer and makes for sharper turn in), LSD to 5/11/9 front, 8/32/5 rear (again to take out some understeer), torque to 25/75 (helps to encourage exit understeer to move the power to the rear) and set the weight to 1,297kg with a 42:58 weight balance.

Last edited:
@Ksquad first let me welcome you to GTPlanet and the tuning forum. Reviews of tunes are always greatly appreciated.:cheers:

I do have some suggestions for you though.

1st it would be very helpful to your potential readers if you provided a link to the base tune you used for each of your reviews. That will help people to find those tunes much easier so they can check them out for themselves. It will also ensure that the tuner gets recognized for their effort.

2nd, and this goes with the first, using the @ sign before a members ID will let people find the members info easier and notify the person so mentioned. This will help tuners know that you've reviewed one of their tunes.

3rd it's probably better not to reserve posts. Reason being that if someone reads your thread before you fill in that reserved post they won't see when/if you edit those posts. Only way for them to know you've added anything new is to check the thread again which might now be on the second or third page of the forum. Old saying about out of sight out of mind holds true. You'll get a lot less views if/when the thread drops off the 1st page of the forum.

Last suggestion is that you create an index for your thread with links to your reviews that list the car/tune reviewed.
This will help future viewers see the cars/tunes you've reviewed and quickly go to the ones that most interest them. Not such a big deal currently, but when your thread starts running to multiple pages people will become less likely to want to read through the whole thing.

Again welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing more reviews from you.👍👍

Car: Ford RS200 '84
Tuner: Penso's Garage
Tires: Sports Softs
Impressions:
This is my absolute most favourite car to drive in GT6. The best way to describe it is like the Top Gear review of the Mitsubishi Evolution (the one where they battle against a Lambo). You can do things with this car you never thought possible, the car just makes it work! Overspeed into a corner? No worries, you can just point the wheels in the direction you want to go and mash the gas and the car will powerslide out of the corner in a controlled fashion. This car also seems like an excellent training vehicle to learn drifting in. No snap oversteer or crazy understeer just a great handling car that slides in a predictable fashion everytime.
Notes: Only changes I made to this tune was to drop the weight to 1,092 to make the car more flickable and to up the power to the 520pp limit as it makes it a lot easier to control your drifts with that extra power.
Good to see the RS200 works on Sports Softs as well. Thanks for the review:cheers:

Two of the pre-mods have already posted here.
Your reviews are good though the best thing you can do is not to follow the PP standers that carried over from GT5P and GT5 if you're de-tuned the cars.

Ah, I also like NSX and Dino very much. :cheers: They are the kind which you can do almost everything on them, throttle steering, trail braking, 4-wheel drift into a corner and power out... etc. And they do the wonders with intimate interaction and communication with the driver. Also pretty fast by the given power. All nice things.

As to ZZII, I haven't tried it in GT6 yet. IIRC, in previous GTs, it's sort of understeer, fast though. Their smaller ZZ-S is more fun IMHO. Not check them in GT6 yet, will do and see if any change.

For driving pleasure, check Elise in my post here, and some other here. For race cars, DeltaWing of course. :D

Two of the pre-mods have already posted here.
Your reviews are good though the best thing you can do is not to follow the PP standers that carried over from GT5P and GT5 if you're de-tuned the cars.

@Zuel I don't quite follow you on this one, could you please elaborate?

Last edited:
As to ZZII, I haven't tried it in GT6 yet. IIRC, in previous GTs, it's sort of understeer, fast though. Their smaller ZZ-S is more fun IMHO. Not check them in GT6 yet, will do and see if any change.

For driving pleasure, check Elise in my post here, and some other here. For race cars, DeltaWing of course. :D

Yeah the ZZII still has a half decent amount of understeer even with this tune however if the ballast is played with some more (adding more weight to the rear) I bet it can be made to rotate even better. For the time being it's just a very stable forgiving car that is a lot faster than other cars in the 500PP range (at least in my experience).

I'll give your recommendations a try, thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:
Ksd
Car Tommy Kaira ZZ11 '00
Tuner Clueless Over The Hill Outlaws @NEWDRIVER2
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ll-outlaws-op-updated-14-02-14.291743/page-14 post #392
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 500pp, 307hp, 360ft-lb, 990kg, 50:50 weight balance

Impressions
This car is listed here not so much because it puts a smile on your face like the RS200 or when you get a corner just right in the Dino, but rather because it's a very nice all-around car. At the 500pp level this car dominates almost anything on medium/high speed tracks and can hold it's line without fussing. The car doesn't quite turn-in as sharp as I would like but it is fairly sharp none the less and has no issues with exit oversteer. This for me is an exceptionally forgiving car which makes it fantastic for when you want to race online at 90% concentration and have a shot at winning, unlike cars such as the NSX which require 100% concentration at all times to avoid going off-track.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune to suit my driving style is to lower the downforce to 50 and to change the torque split to 10:90.

Car Honda Civic Type R '08
Tuner Arrakis Speed Shop @feydrautha
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ismo-gt-r-lm-z4-m-honda-today-g.293734/page-4 post #93
Tires
Front: Racing Soft, Rear: Racing Hard
Specs 534pp, 395hp, 238ft-lb, 1,039kg, 58:42 weight balance

Impressions
Like the tune says this car handles just like a FWD NSX. It has an exceptional turn-in and corner grip (especially with the racing tires) and gives you no problems whatsoever. The car is so delightful it's a shame it tops out at the low PP that it does because it still has fantastic grip even at 534pp and next to no power-induced exit understeer. It's one of the few (only) road cars I drive with racing tires that doesn't feel like it will snap oversteer and kill me at any moment. It feels like driving with RS tires in GT5.

Notes
Other than taking off the front camber I didn't change a thing with this tune. This car is amazing and suprisingly sharp for a FWD car. The engine on this car sounds fantastic, pity PD didn't let you add any more power to this car because I think it might possibly be able to give the Elise a run for it's money on low/medium speed tracks.

Thanks for the review! It really does sound great, and I agree it could do with an extra 30hp. I was gonna get around to changing the camber on that one sooner or later; looks like you beat me to it.

Edit:I do have to say, mine has 415 hp. 541pp. See if an oil change helps.

Last edited:
Don't try my ZZII yet since it was for 1.02, I need a refresh, maybe.

You should try my Zonda R or my Abt TT-R :)

Car Abt Audi TT-R '02
Tuner @BlueShift
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/abt-audi-tt-r-02.295621/
Tires
Racing Soft
Specs 600pp, 589hp, 470ft-lb, 1,080kg, 50:50 weight balance
Synopsis Excellent race car with nearly endless grip everywhere

Impressions
Quite the thrilling ride! Once I slapped a set of Racing Softs on and detuned the power a bit to help with the nasty snap oversteer when driving at 10/10s this car really came together for me. The turn-in is razor sharp and the car holds it's line like it's glued to the road through mid-corner as well. There is a hint of exit oversteer that you need to be careful to catch quickly because while this car is very forgiving at this power level and with these tires while driving at 9/10ths, when you drive it at 10/10ths that hint of exit oversteer can lead to a nasty snap oversteer which with my skill level I could only rectify if I caught the slide early (while the tires were light yellow). This car handles the curbs and bumps at the ring fantastically and even if you hit the curb so sharply the car wants to go airborne, with the high level of downforce the car has it's like a black hole forms below the car and rams it back into the ground!

Notes
I found that Racing Soft tires had the best feeling for me because with Racing Hards the corner exit oversteer was too snappy for my liking and Racing Mediums seemed to kill the sharp turn-in I love so much. With a delicate throttle on corner exit I'm sure that better drivers than I can easily handle this car even at full-power.

Last edited:
@Ksquad in 1.02 the most notable thing about this car is the power of her brakes. I don't know for 1.04, but she was my best braking car.

I definitely agree with that! The car is rock solid stable under braking which took a bit of adjusting for me to get used to because I like the car to rotate a bit more typically. That said I'm sure that the car would put up much faster laptimes in it's current state of tune than if it rotated more.

Car Ferarri 430 Scuderia '07
Tuner JTQ Tunes @jtqmopar
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ew-easier-to-read-tuning-sheets.291182/page-2
Tires Sports Soft
Specs 550pp, 440hp, 354ft-lb, 1,105kg, 44:56 weight balance
Synopsis An exceptional drivers car best suited to medium/high speed tracks.

Impressions
Talk about front grip! This car has one of the most planted noses of any cars I've tested to date. Low/med/high speed corners, grip, grip and more grip! As is the tune seems to be more set up for a racing-line style grip driver, you have to be smooth in your braking and throttle application. While that may be the fastest way around a race track I prefer to put in a slower time and have a big grin on my face! With the changes I made to the tune below this car really came alive for me. It's challenging enough to make you work a bit for your drive but no so much it takes away from the enjoyment of the drive. The car handles very much like a well-tuned NSX in that it has a very sharp turn-in, nice lift-off (or brake induced) oversteer/rotation into the corner and very good grip at corner exit. You need a little finesse to get the best out of this car but even a ham-fisted driver such as I can have a blast with this car at 90% concentration. As is I found the damper setup to be a bit stiff for the 'ring (made the car bounce somewhat badly off of bumps and curbs) but with the slightly softer damper settings I found that ironed out that issue. This car really loves medium/highspeed tracks. It can handle low speed tracks ok it just takes more work on your line and throttle control.

Notes
I detuned the car to 550pp as it has far less oversteer on corner exit this way which for me allows me to have far more fun with the car than at 600pp which at my driving ability leaves me constantly stressing about not applying too much throttle and spinning out. Tested it against the 550pp @praiano63 MP4-12C and it stacks up very favourably in terms of lap times on the tracks I tested (the Ferrari is about 10% more wild than the McLaren). For me I found that equipping the semi-racing exhaust gave the best engine sound. Dampers set to Front: 3/3 Rear: 4/4.

Last edited:
Car Spoon Integra Type R (DC2) '99
Tuner Silver's Togue Shop @DJay Silver
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/峠-silvers-tōge-shop-s-t-s-450pp-550pp-updated-tunes-1-31-14.296047/page-3 post #64
Tires
Sports Softs
Specs 474pp, 330hp, 200lb-ft, 1,075kg, 63:37 weight balance
Synopsis FF driving bliss. Works well on all tracks I tested.

Please be aware that the original tune is intended for the specific purpose of driving on the Mount Panorama Togue course (see the first post at S.T.S. above) and this review in no way reflects it's ability to perform it's intended task, I just prefer to hurl cars around corners at the 'ring too much :cool:

Impressions
My first impression wasn't the best when I encountered understeer on the first slow corner I entered, however that dismay quickly passed when I saw just how early you can jump on the gas out of the corner without issue! The understeer I encountered was far below average for most FF/AWD cars I've tried in the game and even for me, a guy who detests understeer it wasn't too bad and was more than manageable. Other than a bit of initial turn-in understeer this car handles like it's on rails and took everything I could throw at it and begged for more! One problem I encountered though was when I hit a curb on the 'ring a bit too hard doing about 120km/hr and next thing I know I'm airborne doing about 4 complete flips! :scared::boggled::D Lowering all damper settings by 1 took care of that issue for me.

Notes
The changes I made to this tune for my driving preference (not to say the base tune isn't fantastic!) was to change from Sports Hard to Sports Soft tires which irons out even more understeer from the car, to up the power to it's max (because the tune is so well sorted it can handle the extra power) and to drop all damper settings down by one. Damper settings Front: 1/2 Rear: 1/2.

Last edited:
The 430 scud is a top 3 550pp road for sure.It's in front of my R8 4.2 ghost on the ring... my tune will be published on GTP next week.
><(((((°>°°°°°

Car Honda Weider HSV-010 '11 (Honda Raybrig HSV-010 '12)
Tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-acura-hsc-04-500pp.291084/page-17 post #508
Tires
Racing Softs
Specs 600pp, 572hp, 386lb-ft, 1,100kg, 50:50 weight balance
Synopsis Sublime race car. Grip everywhere! Can outperform LMP cars on some tracks.

Impressions
This car just does everything right! I didn't encounter any issues with this tune at the 'ring. The turn-in is nice and crisp, and I've even tried bumping the car to max power (800+hp if memory serves) and this car just laps it up and asks for more! Short of hitting the e-brake it's near impossible to make the car oversteer. Usually I'm all about the lift-off oversteer and having the car rotate through the corners with a bit of exit oversteer to put a smile on my face but this car has none of that (maybe it would if you lowered the downforce settings) and yet I still have an ear to ear grin while driving this car and marvelling at what it can do! I was first enthralled by this car while racing online in an @praiano63 tuned Peugeot 905 on the Cape Ring and this car left the 905 in the dust through that ridiculously long high-speed left hander which really made me sit up and take notice because outside of the Formula/Red Bull cars I thought the 905 was the fastest in the game!

Notes
I didn't change a single thing on this tune. It's just that good. If you like racing cars in the 600pp range you are doing yourself a disservice by not trying this baby out, it's worth every single credit!

Last edited:
The 430 scud is a top 3 550pp road for sure.It's in front of my R8 4.2 ghost on the ring... my tune will be published on GTP next week.
><(((((°>°°°°°

Your R8 4.2 is a very well sorted car. For me it's almost too sorted! But that's what makes it a fantastic car to drive online because when the novice drivers punt you into the grass this baby just holds it's line and gets you out of danger safely :cool:. This car (along with the Clueless Audi TT) is the most forgiving and dependable tune in the game for me.

@Ksquad which CoTHO Audi TT are you refering to as being so forgiving? Just looked back through your reviews real quick and didn't see one.:drool:
Of course I may just be blind.:lol:

If anyone knows any better to make money in this game without having to resort to "hacking" than the Red Bull Venturi car race at Silverstone (cut major corners on track to bring laptimes down to around 1:14-1:18) which nets you 260k (at 200% online bonus) in around 4 minutes I'm all ears!

Sorry I'm always looking for more publicity and ego boosting references to my tunes!:crazy:::lol:

I've tried tuning a couple cars and it took me nearly an entire day to get something that wasn't even half of how I wanted so I have nothing but respect for yourself and other tuners, especially given how much time and effort it takes! You guys deserve all the credit you desire!!!!!

Edit: And hey, it gives me an excuse to bump my thread and hopefully help some people out :gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back