Junior Formula. Discussion of F2, F3, F4, Formula Renault, TRS, W-Series, Indy Lights, etcOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 604 comments
F2 sprint race has been called after 8 laps after an absolutely enormous crash involving Aitken and Ghiotto. Both drivers ok but the barrier is a mess. A race against time to repair it for F1.
20200927_093135.jpg

So they decided to take the classification from lap 5, meaning Zhou gets only 7.5 points for his first win, and Aitken and Ghiotto both get points despite ending up diffuser-deep in the tech-pro.

So they decided to take the classification from lap 5, meaning Zhou gets only 7.5 points for his first win, and Aitken and Ghiotto both get points despite ending up diffuser-deep in the tech-pro.

Standard procedure for red flags. Last full racing lap.

Couldn't they have fit in a few more F2 races? The next round is more than two months away...

Couldn't they have fit in a few more F2 races? The next round is more than two months away...

F2 seasons are 12 rounds. 2020 was intended to be 12 rounds before the calendar got hit and the 2 Bahrain events will complete its full 12 round season.

Imo they need to have F3 and F2 doing the whole Calender.

With the amount of free exposure the series gets through the Massive F1 Youtube channel both have the potential to go professional.

Utterly mad FREC race at Mugello this morning. The race started in wets, half the field pitted for slicks only for it to start raining again. The safety car came out ten minutes before the end, however what annoys me is that all three Prema drivers were one lap down at this point, but had that written off without unlapping themselves at the re-start which meant they finished 1st, 3rd and 6th.

Utterly mad FREC race at Mugello this morning. The race started in wets, half the field pitted for slicks only for it to start raining again. The safety car came out ten minutes before the end, however what annoys me is that all three Prema drivers were one lap down at this point, but had that written off without unlapping themselves at the re-start which meant they finished 1st, 3rd and 6th.
Something tells me you wouldn’t have liked how the 1992 Bathurst 1000 finished. :lol:

Apart from Monaco, Silverstone and Monza, I feel sorry for the drivers hoping to drive in F2 next year. Wow that's an abomination.

By Contrast, the F3 calendar looks amazing... Paul Ricard is the only 👎 from me - F3 races at Barcelona are often much better than the F1.

Hell of a drive from Tsunoda today. Still six drivers in the title fight though realistically it's between Schumacher and Ilott.

Josh Revell has made numerous very entertaining videos slandering some of the less talented drivers in this sport (most-notably Mahaveer Ragunathan). But Alessio Deledda has become the first to try and take legal action over a video on them being made:

This of course being a driver who has never done karting and finished last in almost every race in F3 this year...

Meanwhile this is how he acts in public, courtesy of Wikipedia:

On 26 November 2020 Deledda caused a stir after publishing several videos on his Instagram profile of himself driving recklessly and with high speed on an Italian motorway near Pomezia, Lazio.[3] In one of the videos he slalomed around many cars during a traffic jam and in another video he filmed the dashboard reaching 300 km/h in the process. A third video showed a Point-of-view shot driving an Audi on a public road, reaching again around 200 km/h while driving with one arm on the steering wheel. Deledda was criticized by former F1 driver Giedo van der Garde, along with a handful of other notable F1 Personalities.[4]

Deledda posted a statement in Italian on his Twitter on November 27 saying that he's sorry they associated the video with his name and that his intent was and will always be to "raise awareness" among his followers about "similar acts of villainy". He went onto say that his mistake was "probably not to specify that it was an act of complaint".[5]

Swell person throughout. I guess racing on a track has proven to be too hard for him.

Last edited:
I guess Schumacher in the 2nd Haas is all but confirmed, Piastri will replace him at Prema.

Schumacher and Nissany crashed into each other while jostling for track position during qualifying. This track has given a sort of mish-mash of qualifying at Monaco and Monza, and also means Schumacher starts 18th tomorrow. Tsunoda getting pole means he's still in the title fight, but in order to win the title he needs to win both races and get both fastest laps, without Schumacher scoring any points, and Ilott staying off the podium.

Last edited:
Absolutely epic feature race. Tsunoda has done enough for his super license so he's all but sealed his F1 drive now. The top 8 finished with ten seconds of one another, and Zhou managed to come from 4th to 2nd in the final laps and build enough of a gap to overcome his five-second penalty. Mazepin is an insanely aggressive defender, he nearly sent half the grid into the pit wall and on the final lap sent Drugovich through one of the meter markers...so he should get along famously at Haas!

The title tomorrow is now officially just between Schumacher and Ilott. Schumacher is on 213 points and Ilott on 199. Here are the title stipulations:

Schumacher champion

Finishes 6th or higher
Finishes 7th with fastest lap
Finishes 7th with Ilott without fastest lap
Finishes 8th with fastest lap
Finishes 8th with Ilott 2nd or lower
Finishes 9th or 10th with fastest lap
Finishes outside the top 10 with Ilott 2nd without fastest lap
Finishes outside the top 10 with Ilott 3rd or lower with or without fastest lap

Ilott champion

1st with fastest lap with Schumacher 7th or lower
1st without fastest lap with Schumacher 8th or lower and without fastest lap

Schumacher starts 2nd tomorrow and Ilott 3rd, so unless he doesn't finish it's a no-brainer for Schumacher.

Last edited:
It's always nice when a race in that time zone is on a decent him here in the States.

I also think we should probably make a standalone thread for Super Formula next year as it's not really fair to call them a junior formula. :lol:

Back