Kaz: Pushing the Virtual Divide

• Thread starter sokira
  • 436 comments
Yes, that's what I was getting at.
But you don't even know about stressed, you've never worked a day in your life. What do you even do. How would someone like you know about stress

But you don't even know about stressed, you've never worked a day in your life. What do you even do. How would someone like you know about stress
You got me there.
If I was only a 19 year old who's got decades of work related stress under his belt, then I could be part of the discussion.

Well this thread hasn't derailed at all.

And Siren, he's just being sarcastic. I'm quite sure he has a job that gives him gray hair from time to time. Stress comes and goes, and comes in many forms. Everybody has experienced it in their lives. If they haven't then they are obviously lying.

But for now, let's get back to talking about Kaz.

I still can't get over the fact that he has 2 Ford GT's but prefers his SL55 as a daily driver. I mean... It may be more practical but come on :lol:
Unless the C7 Corvette won him over... hmmm

Last edited:
Well this thread hasn't derailed at all...But for now, let's get back to talking about Kaz.

Yes, thank you. This thread already had some posts deleted so that's enough.

I watched KAZ and I particularly liked the part with the Opera Performance part and Takashi Ooi part. For your information, Takashi Ooi is one of the professional endurance drivers who frequently participates in Best Motoring as editor/driver, and is the advisor for the Gran Turismo series. It was nice to know how Yamauchi-san met with him at his driving school.

Maybe unrelated to thread: The driving school which Yamauchi-san went to is D-Rights. D-Rights has Takashi Ooi, Nobuteru Taniguchi (of Super GT and D1GP fame, Best Motoring and Hot Version host) and Yasuyuki Kazama (of D1GP fame, infrequent entrant on Hot Version) as driving instructors/teachers as well as other top level gymkhana drivers in Japan.

SNAILZ
Maybe unrelated to thread: The driving school which Yamauchi-san went to is D-Rights. D-Rights has Takashi Ooi, Nobuteru Taniguchi (of Super GT and D1GP fame, Best Motoring and Hot Version host) and Yasuyuki Kazama (of D1GP fame, infrequent entrant on Hot Version) as driving instructors/teachers as well as other top level gymkhana drivers in Japan.

That's interesting, because GT2 gave a shout out to them by having an S15 and a Miata with D-Rights decals on them during a few of the licence tests. That just shows how far in advance Kaz and the rest of the devs were at least attempting to put real world experience into the game.

so because I'm 19 means I don't know stress ? You don't even know me or know what I've been through
Sorry for posting this but this post reminds me of the 12 year old face book girl that said "u don't no me or what ive been thru"

Actually Canadians are among the worse drivers in the world. (Proof of this is that ESC has been legislated on A:LL cars sold here now!!) but I don't let that get to me. And when it did, it wasn't the job that did it, it was the stupid people I had to share the road with. lol. As for cellphones, I always wondered who these people were phoning at 5:30 am!!!

That's not something that is unique to Canada - nor has it been for a while now.

Also, although I don't wish to argue against (or for) your contention that Canadians are among the worst drivers in the world, such legislature does not amount to proof of such a statement. Stability control saves lives - it only makes sense that it should be implemented on all vehicles by all manufacturers regardless of it's destined country of use and, likewise, that legislature should promote this (even though manufacturers were voluntarily on the path to implement this practice well before legislation was instated).

For the dude that was looking. P.S.: You're not my dude.

Track List:
me&john - Broken Cars ft. Andrew Whiteman
me&john - Race Car Driver ft. Rob James
me&john - 3Weeks ft. Lisa Lobsinger
me&john - Drifting ft. Ian LeFeuvre
me&john - Twyman ft. Adaline
me&john - C7 ft. Jeen O'Brian
me&john - Reversed Momen ft. Lisa Lobsinger
me&john - Slower ft. Lisa Lobsinger
me&john - Vajrayana ft. Tye Craig

Vajrayāna. Hehe. Vajrayāna is the path to enlightenment. I'd say.

I'm kinda confused...reading through some of these posts, I had to re-check what thread I was looking at, haha.

The documentary was ok, but the whole time, I couldn't help but to see it as one big pat on the back by Kaz....to himself. Maybe I'm just an **shole, but the movie felt very...self-gloating "like."
He's a passionate person. He's passionate about life and how he lives or has wanted to live it since a very young age (13-14 years old, when he reminisces about Jr. High and his group of friends). He first had aspirations to be a director. At three years old he first started "realizing" his passion for cars.

To make a career out of an industry where his only focus is on cars and to affect the auto. industry and to affect the lives of the GT Academy winners the way that his passion has led everything to become, one can't really say that he's "self-aggrandizing" or "self-"gloating. His dreams have basically come true.

More relevantly, this is a documentary - he's being asked questions - meaning this isn't a SELF-GLOATING? autobiography. He was showing utter emotion about his life/career, being fortunate about how it's turned out, so how can anyone say that he was gloating about the life he's led since his early twenties and being here where GT is now? Just look at the big picture. GT is a movement, undeniably, in many ways.

Last edited:
I'm kinda confused...reading through some of these posts, I had to re-check what thread I was looking at, haha.

The documentary was ok, but the whole time, I couldn't help but to see it as one big pat on the back by Kaz....to himself. Maybe I'm just an **shole, but the movie felt very...self-gloating "like."
Exactly the feeling I got as well. It's a 90 minute video on why you should think Kaz is amazing, presented by Kaz himself. That is just a wee bit self-fulfilling to say the least. But it definitely fits in with PD's mantra of "Gran Turismo is the best and most amazing driving sim ever...because we say it is". Very, very self congratulatory and just....lame.

He's a passionate person. He's passionate about life and how he lives or has wanted to live it since a very young age (13-14 years old, when he reminisces about Jr. High and his group of friends). He first had aspirations to be a director. At three years old he first started "realizing" his passion for cars.

To make a career out of an industry where his only focus is on cars and to affect the auto. industry and to affect the lives of the GT Academy winners the way that his passion has led everything to become, one can't really say that he's "self-aggrandizing" or "self-"gloating. His dreams have basically come true.

More relevantly, this is a documentary - he's being asked questions - meaning this isn't a SELF-GLOATING? autobiography. He was showing utter emotion about his life/career, being fortunate about how it's turned out, so how can anyone say that he was gloating about the life he's led since his early twenties and being here where GT is now? Just look at the big picture. GT is a movement, undeniably, in many ways.
Again, I realize this is a forum dedicated to GT so fanboys are going to be the norm, but some of y'all need to open your eyes even just a little tiny bit. Reading some of your posts is just cringe worthy how much you just buy into anything PD sells you including this ridiculous 90 minute ad on why Kaz thinks Kaz is awesome. "Hey we have a new-ish game coming out, it's got 800+ cars that are carryovers from the friggin PS2, every car still sounds like a vacuum cleaner, the menus still look like they're from the 1990s, the music still sounds like it's from the 1980s, the career is really short and un-spectacular, the online options are still outdated and clunky....but it's from us, so it's perfect and you're buying it!" And you do.

Again, I realize this is a forum dedicated to GT so fanboys are going to be the norm, but some of y'all need to open your eyes even just a little tiny bit. Reading some of your posts is just cringe worthy how much you just buy into anything PD sells you including this ridiculous 90 minute ad on why Kaz thinks Kaz is awesome. "Hey we have a new-ish game coming out, it's got 800+ cars that are carryovers from the friggin PS2, every car still sounds like a vacuum cleaner, the menus still look like they're from the 1990s, the music still sounds like it's from the 1980s, the career is really short and un-spectacular, the online options are still outdated and clunky....but it's from us, so it's perfect and you're buying it!" And you do.
This is the most accurate representation of PD I've ever seen. Though I like the game I'm really starting to lose hope

I never said that he was, indeed, self-gloating. I just expressed how I viewed the video. I don't really understand where you are getting at.

90 minute ad on why Kaz thinks Kaz is awesome.

That's all I got after the video.

I never said that he was, indeed, self-gloating. I just expressed how I viewed the video. I don't really understand where you are getting at.

That's all I got after the video.
I was just expressing why you might have viewed the "ad" to be 90 minutes on why Kaz is awesome. That just concludes my reason for posting my apologist/fanboy "opinion". We all have different tastes (optimistic or pessimistic, more knowledge about the history of PD and GT or none at all will factor into your view of the documentary and on how Kaz seems to give you the wrong vibe).

My older brother plays GT (and started playing the past GT games before me), but with a controller and has progressed through more of GT6 than I have even though I play it far more than he. He doesn't give a damn about its history. JUST something worth noting. I've invested time becoming knowledgeable about the history and it's present and future state. You visit a GT fan(boy) forum and he doesn't. You probably care more about the gameplay and what's coming next than he does, but you probably don't care about the history of GT as much as he doesn't care.

The documentary isn't a tell-all about the history of PD nor about the life of Kazunori Yamauchi. There are many others that many others that can say more than even me about the entire history of GT.

On a side-note, "fanboys"? It was bound to happen sooner rather than later, but I can comfortably make addition to my ignore list, stitch jones. Have a good run, "fanboy-hater".

haha 5 posts I saw before adding him to my ignore list. I could have sworn that I saw him post a bunch more in this past week. Well, enough to make a name for himself. Great fella.

It's a pretty good documentary.

Though IMO, they should cut out scenes like the welder lady and the kids at the kart racing school. Instead, focus more on Kazunori and the team.

Back