Kunos announces new Licensing Agreement with the NISSAN Brand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cote Dazur
  • 34 comments
  • 3,367 views
I'm looking forward to throw a GTR NISMO around the Nordscheife! :D
 
Hopefully we'll get to see older Skylines. But it will probably be the GTR predictably.
 
Was disappointed that R32 our any classic Z car was not included in Japanese pack.:( :banghead:
 
This is one of the biggest thread-bumps I have seen in a long time but boy was it worth it!
:sly:
I actually liked the OP before I read the news itself :O
 
Was disappointed that R32 our any classic Z car was not included in Japanese pack.:( :banghead:
I suppose marketing the current warez is what it's all about. I'm hopeful for a Japanese Pack #2 in the future. There is so much critical stuff missing, hurts to even think about. Of course GT has it all, but the depth of AC's driving experience makes it feel like it has just as many cars as GT.
 
I'd love to see a Japanese Car Pack 2 with Honda, Mitsubishi and Subaru to complete the classic 90s Top 6 (GT-R vs Supra vs NSX vs Evo vs STI vs RX7). I know Honda can be a bit hard to pin down in terms of license, but does anyone know if Kunos is considering the rally twins?
 
I know Honda can be a bit hard to pin down in terms of license, but does anyone know if Kunos is considering the rally twins?

Super foggy on this, but I have some recollection of them saying Honda probably wouldn't happen because they're not very cooperative (or something like that). Marco also said Suzuka won't happen because they want too much money for the license and Honda owns Suzuka, so, yeah, unfortunate.
 
Super foggy on this, but I have some recollection of them saying Honda probably wouldn't happen because they're not very cooperative (or something like that). Marco also said Suzuka won't happen because they want too much money for the license and Honda owns Suzuka, so, yeah, unfortunate.

Yeah that's what I've read too. It's a shame really. Honda is becoming more and more like the Japanese Ferrari. I remember back in old NFS games you can't use Hondas if there are cops involved too.

I'd still love to see Subaru and Mitsubishi represented though (even tho Mitsu's lineup have been stupor inducing for the last decade now).
 
Screw Honda. There isn't a single Honda I'd want from them. I've got my 4 NSX's already. Oh...Suzuka is definitely a very nice circuit. The money they want for licensing is laughable. It's not even close to as nice as most of the circuits we already have. So yeah...Screw Honda! :D
 
Yeah that's what I've read too. It's a shame really. Honda is becoming more and more like the Japanese Ferrari. I remember back in old NFS games you can't use Hondas if there are cops involved too.

I'd still love to see Subaru and Mitsubishi represented though (even tho Mitsu's lineup have been stupor inducing for the last decade now).

I'd love to have those too, especially Subaru. Would be awesome to drive a Kunos version of my car. :)
 
AC would be the perfect place for Honda to demonstrate how the new NSX compares to the old one. Marco recently said there were no plans for Subaru. I hope this changes at some point.
 
I'd love to have those too, especially Subaru. Would be awesome to drive a Kunos version of my car. :)

What do you drive?

Marco recently said there were no plans for Subaru. I hope this changes at some point.

pffft. 👎 👎 👎

;)
 
I'd love to see a Japanese Car Pack 2 with Honda, Mitsubishi and Subaru to complete the classic 90s Top 6 (GT-R vs Supra vs NSX vs Evo vs STI vs RX7). I know Honda can be a bit hard to pin down in terms of license, but does anyone know if Kunos is considering the rally twins?

Don't forget to throw in a laser scanned Tsukuba too, 90's Best Motoring :P You seem to forget GTO, it wasn't as fast as Evo, but it was Mitsubishi flagship sports car with all the bells and whistles ( tech )
 
Don't forget to throw in a laser scanned Tsukuba too, 90's Best Motoring :p You seem to forget GTO, it wasn't as fast as Evo, but it was Mitsubishi flagship sports car with all the bells and whistles ( tech )

Kunos seems mostly into nimble handlers, which the GTO isn't despite being quite cool. I think some Evo is far more likely.
 
SVX
What do you drive?

2017 WRX. :)

IMG_2994.JPG
 
2017 WRX. :)

Consider me envious. I really dislike the fact that the WRX isn't sold in Europe. I remember drooling over the STI version, which we do have on the European market, in a local dealership back when the car launched. Top of the range is out of my current reach though and you can add some sinister Danish car registration taxes which more or less double the amount paid in North America and several other countries. Sometimes I consider moving to the German side of the border just so I can drive something worth driving. :lol:
 
Don't forget to throw in a laser scanned Tsukuba too, 90's Best Motoring :p You seem to forget GTO, it wasn't as fast as Evo, but it was Mitsubishi flagship sports car with all the bells and whistles ( tech )

Might be a bit difficult for Kunos to fly halfway around the world to Japan, but yeah Tsukuba would be a nice short test track for AC.

The reason I choose Evo over GTO is, as you said, it's faster, more track oriented and more famous with fans. As opposed to the GTO which is more of a grand tourer. I used to love the 930 HP version in GT1, but now I realize that it's not a very fast car in stock form :lol: It would be interesting to see how the GTO's tech gets simulated though. Maybe Kunos can even go crazy an include the HSR-II 💡

Potential problem with Evo is because you said Kunos only simulates clutch pack LSD, how they are gonna simulate the Evo's AYC system.
 
SVX
Love it! My car thread in my signature has some fellow star clustered friends as well. ;)

Did you happen to notice what's in the background? :cool:
 
Did you happen to notice what's in the background? :cool:
The question is...did you crash through a fence and do laps until you ran out of fuel? If so, how did the police taser feel? :lol:
 
Eh, Subaru's are pigs, no big loss of joy there :sly: but no classic NSX and S2000 is a shame. I imagine there is some discomfort for Honda when there is so much enthusiasm for bygone models and so little for anything they have on sale today.

2017 WRX. :)
Are you by chance an MTBer as well, bro-twin? :lol:

z0xk77uKc2CAFX3Bdz9aDvnBGq_L7A-u3X-I6Z77IMc-768x576.jpg
 
Kunos seems mostly into nimble handlers, which the GTO isn't despite being quite cool. I think some Evo is far more likely.

Well, they can do tuned version if want nimble handlers, the N1 Taikyu PUMA Mitsubishi GTO, "350-390PS" / 1400+kg.

Might be a bit difficult for Kunos to fly halfway around the world to Japan, but yeah Tsukuba would be a nice short test track for AC.

The reason I choose Evo over GTO is, as you said, it's faster, more track oriented and more famous with fans. As opposed to the GTO which is more of a grand tourer. I used to love the 930 HP version in GT1, but now I realize that it's not a very fast car in stock form :lol: It would be interesting to see how the GTO's tech gets simulated though. Maybe Kunos can even go crazy an include the HSR-II 💡

Potential problem with Evo is because you said Kunos only simulates clutch pack LSD, how they are gonna simulate the Evo's AYC system.

If Kunos could do Laguna Seca, they could travel to Japan as well :P At least Tsukuba will give a a much needed track diversity, and the Japanese cars could feel at home there.

The GTO when properly tuned IRL is a fast car, it's main weakness is weight, along with weak drivetrain when the power is increased. It's looks cool in Black though, with custom rims, lowered and loud exhaust+BOV, it can do 11s quarter mile with proper tuning.

The Evo AYC is a complex system, there can be up to 3 LSD in a Lancer Evo from I to X ( the package evolve ), front can be open or torsen ( helical/worm ), center is viscous coupling ( normally open, custom VCU torque can be from 50Nm to 200Nm ) or ACD ( wet multiplate clutch bevel gear - clutch pack which can be fully open or lock ), and rear can be either mechanical plate or viscous or AYC / SAYC ( up to 2 / each wheel side AYC clutch pack that can be open to full lock ). The center diff works together with AYC at the rear where applicable ( fitted )

The complexity of simulating the system can be very difficult, the ACD alone for example uses ABS input, steering wheel angle, throttle input, wheel speeds, longitudinal and lateral G's to regulate the locking pressure ( from 0 Bar to 16 Bar ). The Evos fitted with ACD also comes with 3 preset, Tarmac, Gravel and Snow, each with unique programming. Then comes AYC and S-AYC at the rear :) Depending on which Evo to simulate, I guess some parts can be simplified or replaced by the clutch pack ( it "works" on the Miata ND which should have torsen )
 
SVX
So cool. I wish NZ had race tracks worth going to.
Check out any footage of Highlands Motorsport Park. It's an awesome circuit designed by the Quinn Family.
 
Check out any footage of Highlands Motorsport Park. It's an awesome circuit designed by the Quinn Family.

It's pretty good, just not really accessible to the public, and even less so when I live in the North. :indiff:
 
Back