Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now for next year looking forward to Silverstone, Motegi, Indianapolis and Daytona. Hoping that PD keeps bringing back tracks from old games. :D

Daytona Le Mans circuit would be awesome, and pair nicely with the Jag XJR-9. Would also like Silverstone, or Paul Ricard, or Magny-Cours. Or some lesser known tracks like Algarve (Portimão), so I can live out my digital Chris Harris fantasies in the new 911 CS :lol:

Also glad that it did turn out to be the Ford GT, and not the other possibilities I mentioned. Saves me having to ask for a gift receipt to return it :D

Your boys officially bored of slow cars (and JDM too but that’s a whole other argument), I just wanna drive modern sports/supercars and racing cars tbh
PD likes to add a mix for everybody. Some of my favorite cars in the game are the slowest. Maybe because I’m just plain weird but that’s not the point. We all have different opinions and PD seems to give a mix of slow and fast vehicles each update for those different tastes.

So..............this was apparently a thing back in 2012.

autowp.ru_dodge_charger_pursuit_pace_car_2.jpg

PD likes to add a mix for everybody. Some of my favorite cars in the game are the slowest. Maybe because I’m just plain weird but that’s not the point. We all have different opinions and PD seems to give a mix of slow and fast vehicles each update for those different tastes.
For these things Gran Turismo was the best, any kind of car for any kind of people, not just only Tuners, Supercars, Exotics or Hypercars, Racing cars like other games...

Unusually, the Circuit Experience for Laguna Seca is launching concurrently with the track. And it uses a Viper. That's a neat touch.

Also, I'm surprised now that we've never had a Toyota Crown before. We've had cars like the Chaser and Soarer, and the Crown fits right in with those.

Also PD, absolutely nobody is convinced that this Charger is somehow a "safety car". The Toyota Crown and Renault Megane safety cars can definitely pass as such but I don't think you're fooling anyone with your unmarked Charger police car. Weird that the new safety cars (and the cop car) are apparently in the N classes though rather than Group X like the M4, GT (not the Ford) and GT-R. I guess they'll at least be a fun novelty. Maybe they'll bring back the old R34 Skyline pace car. That's a duplicate Skyline I can take.

Still, tonight's update should be excellent.

Your boys officially bored of slow cars (and JDM too but that’s a whole other argument), I just wanna drive modern sports/supercars and racing cars tbh

Understandable. I would definitely enjoy more of the latter cars you mentioned, but I'm glad we're still getting free content every month. I'm still going to get a lot of use out of the slower cars and ones the community has deemed "useless" like most of Gr.X and anything below N200.

MMX
If the new safety cars are going to fall into the mileage exchange's current rotation, I'll be slightly annoyed if I have to wait 6weeks to get that Charger. :odd:

If they're going into the mileage exchange, pull the BMW out & let the Charger be the first that we have the chance to collect.

For all those that are salty, there is still, at least, another year for content. We don't know, but maybe we do see Bentley. Maybe we do see a Ford GT GTE. Maybe we get more modern up to date hyper machines. Look like we'll see close to 400 cars. Not quite 500, but closer than the car list is now.

Whether players like some of these cars or hate them, can't front that PD do surprises well(I keep saying it). No one saw these flashing lights coming. I'm sure many more surprises await us. Brace yourself!

For all those that are salty, there is still, at least, another year for content. We don't know, but maybe we do see Bentley. Maybe we do see a Ford GT GTE. Maybe we get more modern up to date hyper machines. Look like we'll see close to 400 cars. Not quite 500, but closer than the car list is now.

Whether players like some of these cars or hate them, can't front that PD do surprises well(I keep saying it). No one saw these flashing lights coming. I'm sure many more surprises await us. Brace yourself!
One certainty I have for 2020: Porsche 917 Concept... :crazy:

Look like we'll see close to 400 cars. Not quite 500, but closer than the car list is now.
If Polyphony Digital wanted to reach 400 cars by the end of next year, they’d have to add at least 6 cars each month.

Edit: If they really wanted to reach 500 by the end of next year however, then they’d need to add 14 cars each month and the game would have exactly 499 cars by the end of December in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back