Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply amazing how strong the support for this game is still going.

Can´t wait for Lagun Seca tomorrow morning!

Given that we are slowly transitioning into a new generation I must assume that the support will end soon-ish - at least in terms of new content.

Slightly off topic: I firmly believe that we are 2 months away from some solid GT7 news. Exciting.

LOL no cop cars but I still fail to see the point in pace cars, plus its not like those aren't used as cop cars already, just gotta change the livery.

Whatever, time to fly off the Corkscrew in that Porsche :)

Given that we are slowly transitioning into a new generation I must assume that the support will end soon-ish - at least in terms of new content.

Slightly off topic: I firmly believe that we are 2 months away from some solid GT7 news. Exciting.

Holy Moly Guacamole !!!

Raggae Christmas Song !!!

This is really happening you guys...

Officially the best game as I have always suspected !!

Love PD, love Kaz !!

We have announced cars coming through the end of 2020, and another FIA sponsored year of racing, so I’d expect that we’re covered through next year. But yeah, Christmas 2020 may be the end of the road for GTS. Hopefully not.

THE TRULLY REALLY MEANINGFULL AND BEST CHRYSTMAS PRESENT THAT PD COULD EVER GIVE TO GTS PLAYERS, IS SOMETHING THAT EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT PASSES SINCE GTS WAS RELEASED,SEEMS MORE AND MORE IMPOSSIBLE...

A TRULLY WORKING AND ADEQUATE PENALIZATION SYSTEM FOR ONLINE RACING!!!

AS FOR THE REST.. IT´S VERY FUNNY... AND SOMETHING EVEN INTERESTING... BUT STIILL NOT TRULLY WHAT SHOULD BEEN DONE SINCE RELEASE... AS THIS IS A GAME THAT WAS RELEASED WITH A STATEMENT BRAGGING THAT IT WOULD REVOLUCIONIZE ONLINE RACING...

People acting surprised the police cars are labelled as safety cars :lol: That was obviously what was going to happen. They still modelled an actual Charger and Crown police car, they just didn't brand them as such for obvious reasons. The Megane they just had to slap the light bar on top, although it doesn't match the actual gendarmerie car's small round light, but it's still plain obvious what the inspiration is and what they're expecting the community to do with those. Otherwise they would have picked things that are actually used as safety cars in real life (only the Megane is).

Anyway no matter what, having them in N class and covering a larger range of power is useful for leagues using a safety car.

We have announced cars coming through the end of 2020, and another FIA sponsored year of racing, so I’d expect that we’re covered through next year. But yeah, Christmas 2020 may be the end of the road for GTS. Hopefully not.

Right. The question is if GTS transitions with the generations (of consoles) or if PD choose the generational switch to be the cutting off point for GTS.

My assumption is that we‘ll at least get a GT7 name drop at the PS5 event in February.

I recently discovered you can set up the PS4 so that it downloads updates while you sleep, in rest mode. However, this seems to only do the downloading, not the copying, which is the step that takes all the time. Is there any way to configure the PS4 so you wake up to a game that has already fully completed the update process?

I recently discovered you can set up the PS4 so that it downloads updates while you sleep, in rest mode. However, this seems to only do the downloading, not the copying, which is the step that takes all the time. Is there any way to configure the PS4 so you wake up to a game that has already fully completed the update process?
It can copy the update on rest mode. I always turn on the console with updates already installed.

However, if you happens to turn on the console while copying, the copying process is restarted.

Very cool!
But Safety-Car, this cars stay of moment crucial of race, of endurance it's good have caution!
The part of who no knows, have one possibilty for cars of rescue appear with persons Clean the race, taking wrecks and up until cars wrecked and red flags!

I hope that the music in the content update trailer is included in the update as well. What a funky tune for this holiday season.

I disagree. The title released roughly four years after Gran Turismo 6, and it only receives two or three years of support? I wouldn't assume that PoDi is ending support for the game (in terms of both content updates and online services) anytime soon.

I don't know about anyone else but I want some smaller, more technical tracks. Such as Thunderhill Raceway or Suzuka South Course.
Are you thinking of Thunderhill West when you say that?

The original 3 mile is not really all that small, or technical.

Would be great to see the track come to a main line Sim Racing game, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back