Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Stephan, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Why will they add cop cars in an esport game? :confused:

If this were GT7 I would understand, but in a game about online competition it leaves me very confused. PD's priorities is something of a questionable nature.

2. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows

Considering what the 'Sport' in the game's title is in reference to, which is to say, racing competitively online involving the second half of this quote, this doesn't help your case. At all.

Again, this is what GT Sport was originally pitched as - a game freely basing itself around ideas originally put on the map by iRacing, with a (frankly, pithy but still notable) partnership with the FIA, all wrapped up in online competition. Polyphony continually told players that this wouldn't be a 'classic' GT, and told those hoping it was to suck it up. Only after that move backfired horribly on them did they backtrack and begin to add in GT League, road cars en masse, and now we are here.

So, following the spirit of what this game was advertised and built as at launch...you really don't think the people that Polyphony were building a game towards don't have the right to point out how far the game has strayed in order for Polyphony to rebuild burned bridges?

Times change. Not everything can be GT4 all over again. Likewise, trying to shove in a jury rigged career mode in order to make use of the road cars added, because they surely aren't being used online, can be criticized.

3. omgsean1

omgsean1

We will get the Supra GT4 on next Monday.

AgentBlackDog and BrunusCL82 like this.
  4. Neddo

Neddo

Maybe there is some feature concerning those siren cars? Maybe they want to add pace cars to licenses and races?

5. MIE1992

MIE1992

Very interesting indeed! Looking forward to seeing what comes, here. I wonder if the three potential police cars has anything to do with all the lobbies where people try to simulate police chases?

6. happycorey

happycorey

I hope you realize that GTS is a test bed for GT7.

7. theschledy

theschledy

And as always, the 'don't complain' people are 10X more angry than anyone about the update.

I've never understood people having such a visceral reaction to people talking about a video game.

8. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

...and people ask me why I resort to listening to Lil Yatchy as therapy.

9. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

That might have something to do with your skill and adaptation to more powerful road cars.

I like all cars, doesn't matter if it's a road car or a race car. But in a motosport based game, I think race cars should be a higher priority.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Project_Crimson and GiordySays like this.
  10. warp9engage

warp9engage

Soundtrack of next update trailer:

11. GBalao888

GBalao888

But they'll have to add the Lamborghini Murcielago '05 for that! Maybe in a future update.

Animedeaf likes this.
  12. Nielsen

Nielsen

I'm not sure what those cars are just yet, but this is more than an e-sport title. There are many people who play it the classic GT way.

13. McRae555

McRae555

Finally a Sport Sedan I've been waiting since the release! Love the Crown.

14. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Forget that poser Ian Bell, Kaz has reclaimed his throne as the racing game industry's maddest lad.

OK, so is this update going to come with a pursuit mode? Or do we just have a couple more useless police and safety cars sitting around now that I'll never touch?

However, that Ford GT. I want it.

15. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I'm sure it is but that's no excuse to add cop in a game that was advertised to be a esport though.

SestoScudo and theschledy like this.
  16. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Don't complain about complaint.

Don't complain about complaint about complaint.

Darn complainers are so annoying!

Darn complainers complaining about complainers are so annoying!

The cycle continues.

17. wagnerFAM98

wagnerFAM98

So there will be three cop cars, one for each continent featured in the game, pretty smart.

Dodge Charger for America
    Renault Mégane for Europe
    Toyota Crown for Asia

Also, I'm glad to see the stock version of the Toyota Crown.

Qyn, dlshearon, sirjim73 and 8 others like this.
  18. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

You have a point a there. But if something was advertised as an esport, you have to sometimes question the priorities of the dev. I'm just confused as to why PD thinks adding cop cars will benefit the game (if there are any).

I'm not complaining, just asking a simple question. That's all.

19. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

I wish the Ford GT would be a GTE race version, but that's typical PD, rather adding a "less useful" road version, that will not even be used in Sport Mode and will be put in an unbalanced N class.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy for this update, but race version would be more useful and more fitting to the concept of this game.

20. O604

O604

It's normal for increased police presence over the holiday season.

I for one welcome the GT Sport breathalyzer testing. ;):p

21. mk1xr2

mk1xr2

Police car time trails top 10 get new jobs

BebopTopcat, VXR and Schalkehelmi like this.
  22. Famine

Famine Administrator

I'm definitely looking forward to the Ford GT. It's my indulgence car in NFS Heat.

Qyn, GregOr1971, xxy98cn and 8 others like this.
  23. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I saw what you did there. Lol!

24. Nielsen

Nielsen

I honestly think the whole e-sport direction didn't resonate with consumers as much as PD wanted it to. This could also explain why they haven't been adding modified Gr. race cars since launch. It also happens to be the only GT game on the PS4, so they might as well make the content jack of all trades.

And I was just trying to answer your question. Chill out.

Project_Crimson likes this.
  25. mobilmasher

mobilmasher

I love the fact that we're finally getting the new Ford GT. I would expect the Gr.3 model in a future update. I'm wondering if we will see the Mustang Mach E join the game for some electric racing.

meck_rb7 likes this.
  26. Fhewt_WYVeRN

Fhewt_WYVeRN

Ford GT 2017? BEST. UPDATE. EVER.

27. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

Why are you complaining about the complaints of complainers who complain just to complain their complaints? :irked:

Project_Crimson and theschledy like this.
  28. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

Why are we getting cop cars? This ain't GTA dammit!

If its pace cars, then again, WHY??? The game 3 or 4 pace cars already, what's the point of having more of these????

More importantly, WHY ARE THESE GETTING PRIORITY OVER NEW GR.3 AND GR.2 CARS?????

Specially Gr.2 cars because the class only has 6 cars and out of these 6 only 3 are actually competitive for races.

Oh well, I'll take the 911, Golf, Ford GT and the Toyota Sedan because these are nice and all, but I'm puzzled with those 3 cop/pace cars

Guess I will come back to this game only to check half of the DLC and then go back to the other games I'm playing.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  29. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

They actually had a recent BoP update that made the ‘08 GTR the favourite in that class for some reason. Now I’m not sure if that still applies to endurance racing, but during the week of Race B with Gr.2 at Dragon Trail the leaderboard was entirely filled with ‘08 GTRs.

Qyn and NosOsH like this.
  30. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

I played myself. Knowingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.