Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game's called GT SPORT, not GT RACE CARS.

Considering what the 'Sport' in the game's title is in reference to, which is to say, racing competitively online involving the second half of this quote, this doesn't help your case. At all.

I don't get the complaining about PD's not adding race cars

Again, this is what GT Sport was originally pitched as - a game freely basing itself around ideas originally put on the map by iRacing, with a (frankly, pithy but still notable) partnership with the FIA, all wrapped up in online competition. Polyphony continually told players that this wouldn't be a 'classic' GT, and told those hoping it was to suck it up. Only after that move backfired horribly on them did they backtrack and begin to add in GT League, road cars en masse, and now we are here.

So, following the spirit of what this game was advertised and built as at launch...you really don't think the people that Polyphony were building a game towards don't have the right to point out how far the game has strayed in order for Polyphony to rebuild burned bridges?

If you were an old school GT player, you wouldn't care about this eSports ********.

Times change. Not everything can be GT4 all over again. Likewise, trying to shove in a jury rigged career mode in order to make use of the road cars added, because they surely aren't being used online, can be criticized.

Very interesting indeed! Looking forward to seeing what comes, here. I wonder if the three potential police cars has anything to do with all the lobbies where people try to simulate police chases?

That's another hilarious thing. What N600 or above vehicle actually feels good to drive? Because as you mentioned, most of the supercars are useless because you have absolutely no braking power whatsoever.
That might have something to do with your skill and adaptation to more powerful road cars.

The game's called GT SPORT, not GT RACE CARS. I don't get the complaining about PD's not adding race cars, I couldn't care less about them. If you were an old school GT player, you wouldn't care about this eSports ********. Another great update.
I like all cars, doesn't matter if it's a road car or a race car. But in a motosport based game, I think race cars should be a higher priority.

Last edited:
Why will they add cop cars in an esport game? :confused:

If this were GT7 I would understand, but in a game about online competition it leaves me very confused. PD's priorities is something of a questionable nature.

I'm not sure what those cars are just yet, but this is more than an e-sport title. There are many people who play it the classic GT way.

Forget that poser Ian Bell, Kaz has reclaimed his throne as the racing game industry's maddest lad.

OK, so is this update going to come with a pursuit mode? Or do we just have a couple more useless police and safety cars sitting around now that I'll never touch?

However, that Ford GT. I want it.

And as always, the 'don't complain' people are 10X more angry than anyone about the update.

I've never understood people having such a visceral reaction to people talking about a video game.

Don't complain about complaint.

Don't complain about complaint about complaint.

Darn complainers are so annoying!

Darn complainers complaining about complainers are so annoying!

The cycle continues.

I'm not sure what those cars are just yet, but this is more than an e-sport title. There are many people who play it the classic GT way.
You have a point a there. But if something was advertised as an esport, you have to sometimes question the priorities of the dev. I'm just confused as to why PD thinks adding cop cars will benefit the game (if there are any).

I'm not complaining, just asking a simple question. That's all.

You have a point a there. But if something was advertised as an esport, you have to sometimes question the priorities of the dev. I'm just confused as to why PD thought will add cop cars.

I honestly think the whole e-sport direction didn't resonate with consumers as much as PD wanted it to. This could also explain why they haven't been adding modified Gr. race cars since launch. It also happens to be the only GT game on the PS4, so they might as well make the content jack of all trades.

I'm not complaining, just asking a simple question. That's all.

And I was just trying to answer your question. Chill out.

I love the fact that we're finally getting the new Ford GT. I would expect the Gr.3 model in a future update. I'm wondering if we will see the Mustang Mach E join the game for some electric racing.

Why are we getting cop cars? This ain't GTA dammit!

If its pace cars, then again, WHY??? The game 3 or 4 pace cars already, what's the point of having more of these????

More importantly, WHY ARE THESE GETTING PRIORITY OVER NEW GR.3 AND GR.2 CARS?????

Specially Gr.2 cars because the class only has 6 cars and out of these 6 only 3 are actually competitive for races.

Oh well, I'll take the 911, Golf, Ford GT and the Toyota Sedan because these are nice and all, but I'm puzzled with those 3 cop/pace cars

Guess I will come back to this game only to check half of the DLC and then go back to the other games I'm playing.

Last edited:
Specially Gr.2 cars because the class only has 6 cars and out of these 6 only 3 are actually competitive for races.

They actually had a recent BoP update that made the ‘08 GTR the favourite in that class for some reason. Now I’m not sure if that still applies to endurance racing, but during the week of Race B with Gr.2 at Dragon Trail the leaderboard was entirely filled with ‘08 GTRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back