Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
E-sport focus doesn't mean it shouldn't have road going cars and you don't need a racecars to run an esport event. Mind you the biggest complaint when GTSport was first released was the lack of road cars, a lot of fans are mad about the focus on race cars. I think it obvious at this point that they shift their focus more on pleasing the casual GT fans. If you go to their social media site majority of requested cars by casual fans are road cars. And adding content in a franchise who is known for having obscure cars isn't really surprising.

Last edited:
Why are we getting cop cars? This ain't GTA dammit!

If its pace cars, then again, WHY??? The game 3 or 4 pace cars already, what's the point of having more of these????

More importantly, WHY ARE THESE GETTING PRIORITY OVER NEW GR.3 AND GR.2 CARS?????

Specially Gr.2 cars because the class only has 6 cars and out of these 6 only 3 are actually competitive for races.

Oh well, I'll take the 911, Golf, Ford GT and the Toyota Sedan because these are nice and all, but I'm puzzled with those 3 cop/pace cars

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Also that’s something else I don’t get.

What’s with all this complaining about not getting new race cars when one is literally getting released in two days time in-game? It’s not like they haven’t been adding new race cars at all. Plus we have the unique to this game Mazda RX GT3 to look forward to next year.

(Possibly a new Lamborghini in Gr.1 as well but that’s just an assumption)

The Ford is definitely my favorite of the pack then the Porsche or RUF is next.

I just like the fact PD puts in different content that's not normally expected. Having something for everyone is what has made GT so popular over all these years. Let's hope they never stop.

Some Race cars could and IMO should be present on a game like GT Sport, cars that are loved by many, many fans and are iconic as hell such as:

A few F1 cars like the Lotus 97T which was present in GT6, the McLaren MP4-4 or the Ferrari F2004.
Chaparral 2J
Porsche 917K
A few Le Mans winning and iconic cars like the Toyota GT-One, Peugeot 905, BMW V12 LMR, Bentley Speed 8.
Suzuki Escudo, an icon of early Gran Turismo games.
A few Gr. B and other iconic Rally Cars like the Lancia Delta S4, the Peugeot 205 T16 Evo II and the Toyota Celica

Wasn’t the 917 Living Legend supposed to come in this update? I thought they said end of year. That’s alright, more cars to look forward to.

This selection of cars is very interesting in a hilarious way. But the Ford GT is a very nice choice. I’m very curious to see what the rest of these end up being.

With Laguna Seca, this should be a nice little update. Probably my third favorite this year after the Autopolis and Spa updates.

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Thank you for your input.

What’s with all this complaining about not getting new race cars when one is literally getting released in two days time in-game? It’s not like they haven’t been adding new race cars at all. Plus we have the unique to this game Mazda RX GT3 to look forward to next year.

In a serious, FIA certified E-sports racing game, one would expect the game to have a focus on racing cars, since it's most important racing mode has us using racing cars much more than road cars, and way, way more than cop/pace cars.

And we have no word about any new Gr.2 cars coming in the future at all, if that will ever happen.

What’s with all this complaining about not getting new race cars when one is literally getting released in two days time in-game? It’s not like they haven’t been adding new race cars at all.
I think the problem with that is the newer race cars they added were primarily Toyota products, which could just be a side-effect of their partnership with them. It doesn't indicate they will be adding new ones anytime soon.

---
With that said, eSports was the primary focus of GT Sport, but it's been changed. I'm could be wrong about this (especially since I haven't paid attention to the statistics), but I'm guessing why there hasn't been much more modern race cars added for multiple reasons.

1. I think Kaz might see them only focusing on race cars at launch being a mistake and possibly alienating fans that liked GT for the car variety & collecting aspect. So, they back peddled to adding more road cars including a lot of cars back from GT6 plus adding GT-League to give players missing the old style of GT (including myself) something to do.

2. Balancing issues, I'm guessing PD doesn't want to mess around with the BOP too much and new race cars could mess with that. The cars added to these racing classes support that problem quite a bit. The issue with this argument is what I just said; they added some cars to classes already.

3. Redundancy, with the exception of the Bentley Continental GT3, Ferrari 488, & Aston Martin Vantage; adding updated Gr.3 cars may feel a bit pointless or redundant. I really don't care to see an updated Audi R8 LMS for instance nor an updated Lamborghini Huracan GT3.

-----
Another issue I have with more race cars being added is that PD still needs to expand their car class system first before doing that. I really don't want a Ford GT LM in Gr.3 when the car never raced in GT3 to begin with. GT3 and GTE cars are NOT the same, I'm still annoyed with the addition of a Porsche 911 RSR in the game when the thing never raced in that class. Unless PD adds an actual GTE class, I don't want those added.

Wasn’t the 917 Living Legend supposed to come in this update? I thought they said end of year. That’s alright, more cars to look forward to.

Within the first half of 2020. I bet you'll see the Lamborghini Vision car before the Porsche 917 Living Legend before then.

Why are you complaining about the complaints of complainers who complain just to complain their complaints? :irked:

Complaining about your complaint of complaints of complaints who complain just to complain their complaints? :P

The Ford is definitely my favorite of the pack then the Porsche or RUF is next.

I just like the fact PD puts in different content that's not normally expected. Having something for everyone is what has made GT so popular over all these years. Let's hope they never stop.

Different content? VERBOTEN.

....but really" this has been some calm collected discussion about a game update.

But, they aren't the race cars IIIII want!! :lol::sly:

Bad news for you - the brakes in real life are exactly that bad. This was originally written in response to a post complaining how the LaFerrari goes straight through the first chicane at Monza when braking at the 200m mark. The reason is simple, it should.
I race in real life in road cars and experience speeds in braking zones up to135 MPH. The road car brakes on the game behave nothing like I would expect, at all.

Edit - And actually I raced in a 4th gen Camaro at Daytona road, and it was up to 155 mph going into turn 1. I could brake LATER than GT5 or GT6.

Stock rotors with EBC Blue pads.

Last edited:
The cop car, if it is one, which it most likely is, is definitely the weirdest addition I personally have ever seen....

Cop car aside, I can kinda understand safety cars in the game, but they’re in no way implemented in a useful way... the rolling starts could be headed by a (possibly ai) safety car, but they’re not.. there’s no safety car that comes out after a crash, there’s nothing currently in the game that makes a safety car useful for its intended purpose, that’s not counting the people that use them as police cars in various lobbies.

Anyway, it’s good to see a bigger amount of cars this update (hopefully a new track will also be in it..) even with its weird mix of cars... Personally I’m still hoping for the Gen 2 Formula-e car :rolleyes: But the Porsche and Mk1? Golf seem interesting at least :)

EDK
I race in real life in road cars and experience speeds in braking zones up to135 MPH. The road car brakes on the game behave nothing like I would expect, at all.

Edit - And actually I raced in a 4th gen Camaro at Daytona road, and it was up to 155 mph going into turn 1. I could brake LATER than GT5 or GT6.

Stock rotors with EBC Blue pads.
Aye, but what tyres?

8T4RLiR.gif

full

I boosted contrast on the original media and it gets easier to look at some of them. So we have:
Top: Ford GT and VW Golf MkI (possibly GTI)
Middle: unknown sedan in police form (possibly Toyota Crown Athlete), Renault Mégane police car and Dodge Charger Pursuit police car.
Bottom: Porsche 911 GT2 and unknown sedan (poasibly Toyota Crown Athlete).

I've seen some betting on the Mercedes E-Class as the sedan in two trims, but the boosted image shows clearly the tip of the rear deck and it's completely different from the german model.
lmaooo police cars in gtsport
this is so silly that now i kinda want to try them out. Maybe they're planning on having them any kind of use later? idk
Also: aside from the police cars it's a top tier car choice.

Aye, but what tyres?
180-200 treadwear road tires, typically marketed as Extreme Performance Summer.

Examples of tires we've run.

Hankook Ventus RS3
Dunlop Durezza Star Spec V2
BFG gforce Rival
Fallen Azenis

They behave about like comfort soft in terms of lateral grip, sports hard are grippier and capable of faster times than real life.

You have a point a there. But if something was advertised as an esport, you have to sometimes question the priorities of the dev. I'm just confused as to why PD thinks adding cop cars will benefit the game (if there are any).

I'm not complaining, just asking a simple question. That's all.

Why did PD add a Campaign Mode in an esport game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back