Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Stephan, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

I'm honestly quite surprised the Ford GT isn't getting more attention, due to how requested it was in update threads.

2. Famine

Famine Administrator

You could option the GT2 wing if you wanted. There's even a 964-generation Ruf RCT floating around with one on.

It depends on what car PD had available to model. Rufs are rarely identical, and if the car available was a BTR2 with the GT2 rear wing (and there's so many copies of that rear wing available too), it'll be a BTR2 with a GT2 rear wing. I think it's more likely to be a 993 GT2, but we can't rule it out easily.

3. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

Nothing, but it fits the motto of PD offering olive branches to every single sub community after focusing so singularly on eSports and online play and leaving everyone else to fend for themselves.

And considering that we are dealing with a studio that is by all intents and purposes, the most powerful and wealthy Japanese first party studio in the Sony stable, such cries about licensing really ring false.

brocp, GregOr1971, Kudos00 and 4 others like this.
  4. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I am delighted to see the Ford GT 2017 arrive finally. That is a very cool machine which is long overdue. The Porsche 911 (993) GT2 should be some old school fun too. I'll throw the others around for a bit but then I'll be off to the Supra GT4 (Nordschleife Livery) as I am still about the race cars.

The safety cars are a strange choice but this is PD and that's what they do.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  5. VFOURMAX1

VFOURMAX1

More than likely if the GT does make an appearance in the game it will be be of the street car version not the the GR3 racing version. The racing version is what is desired by most not another street car that really has little purpose in the racing aspect of the game.

6. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin

Yea, it would have been nice to get the Ford GT GTE car because then we'd have a proper car list for an IMSA GTE class. The Aston Martin, BMW, Corvette and Ferrari are GT3/Gr.3 cars but the Porsche in-game is a GTE car model.

brocp, BebopTopcat and Scuderia Paul like this.
  7. courageC60

courageC60

As much as I would love the E 63 S, it’s the Crown.
    1F19C1E5-E6B3-4DC1-AB3B-D72A56206BCC.jpeg
    78E8B740-9278-4256-9F1C-687DD1410BE1.jpeg
    FF7217C6-43B6-4C60-940A-20B7411CC9D9.jpeg

sirjim73, unit-one, Aero2000 and 5 others like this.
  8. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

10 out of 10 for how funny this set is and the rustled jimmies. But all I care for is that Porsche. :drool:

VXR, xxy98cn, pininvolante and 5 others like this.
  9. EDK

EDK Moderator

They would be better if the brakes actually worked on them. The supercars are relatively useless, since PD insist on pointing out to you that they don't brake like race cars.

Of course they don't - But if the brakes were as bad as modeled, there would be many more dead billionaires.

10. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Aw sweet, we're back to 8 cars baby! Though I'm guessing just for the Christmas update, I do wish for PD to pick it up though.
    [​IMG]

First row, left - 2017 Ford GT, I really can't think of anything else it could be except maybe the GT LM, but that would mean the wing is hidden.
    First row, right - Mark 1 VW Golf GTI, returning in the series as a premium car. If I'm right, then I have to say it's about time PD added back a Golf.
    Middle row, left - It looks like a Mercedes-Benz safety car, I'm guessing an E-class.
    Middle row, middle - Well, that's really annoying; Renault Megane safety car. WHY?! Because PD. I hate it, I wished they added a new Megane RS instead. or some other Renault that would've been more interesting than this.
    Middle row, right - It's a Dodge Charger police car. I want to say pace car, but the guard on the front coupled with the lights on the windshield tell me otherwise. Though, one thing that has me curious about it is the air scoop on the hood, no Charger police car has that.
    Bottom left - Porsche 911 GT2 (993). Sweet, we're finally getting a 993!
    Bottom Right - Another Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

11. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

You sure hell know the reason why.

bduddy, ZRO, WiseGuyTM and 2 others like this.
  12. EleSigma

EleSigma

I mean cop cars are "technically" race cars, I've seen some cop car chase videos that looked like racers trying to overtake each other. :p

Project_Crimson likes this.
  13. Loverson

Loverson

Honestly the middle 3 cars are meant for the new season.
    I could understand if it was only 1 but overall i can't think anything else.

Mind you, this is not a case of adding a small Copen or Midget etc, it is not even a concept or VGT but pace/cop cars lol.
    Still i like the other 4 cars!

sirjim73, dimassa19 and courageC60 like this.
  14. dimassa19

dimassa19

The new Ford GT! :eek::tup:

15. Marxander97

Marxander97

I love those weird additions by PD :D

Happy about the new road cars, as these were always what made Gran Turismo for me :)

But i understand the people asking for race cars. Maybe for the new season more will come?
    The Mazda Gr. 3 car is confirmed atleast.

MrYasser likes this.
  16. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

That's another hilarious thing. What N600 or above vehicle actually feels good to drive? Because as you mentioned, most of the supercars are useless because you have absolutely no braking power whatsoever.

17. mustafur

mustafur

Finally my favourite Japanese limo is getting it's appearance!

Crown FTW.

ProjectF, sirjim73, MrYasser and 3 others like this.
  18. courageC60

courageC60

Maybe they’re adding some sort of city track with cop lobby inspired features, like traffic lights, stop signs, parking, police station etc. Well... maybe that’s too much lol I also remember Kaz saying in an interview once that he wanted to add more interesting cars to GT Sport like Police Cars, Ambulances, Fire Trucks, etc.

ProjectF, sirjim73, Loverson and 2 others like this.
  19. Lebowski

Lebowski

Would be interesting if the middle 3 were only available through the mileage exchange, which could trigger a long needed overhaul of a very neglected part of the game.

20. Hdbd04

Hdbd04

RP lobbies with speed limits be like:
    [​IMG]

21. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Suddenly the mythical C-Spec open world mode with the combined Special Stage Routes becomes reality.

BebopTopcat, VXR, NoonenF1 and 6 others like this.
  22. Ande3200

Ande3200

7 cars thats been a while since we got that many cars in an update, thats the christmas spirit

23. die996

die996

Let me spell it to you, buddy.

V O C A L _ M I N O R I T Y

24. GTFan24

GTFan24

So... im gonna ask this thread a very simple question regarding the cop cars:

Did PD officially jump the shark by adding them?

redhed17, courageC60 and die996 like this.
  25. Tetraturbo

Tetraturbo

The game's called GT SPORT, not GT RACE CARS. I don't get the complaining about PD's not adding race cars, I couldn't care less about them. If you were an old school GT player, you wouldn't care about this eSports ********. Another great update.

iainn, Gtsport28, oneloops and 3 others like this.
  26. Greycap

Greycap Premium

Bad news for you - the brakes in real life are exactly that bad. This was originally written in response to a post complaining how the LaFerrari goes straight through the first chicane at Monza when braking at the 200m mark. The reason is simple, it should.

27. neddyie118

neddyie118

The 2017 Ford GT is the star of this pack:)

Oberdan, dlshearon, sirjim73 and 7 others like this.
  28. Dan

Dan Premium

This is one of my biggest gripes with the game. For as much as these cars cost, you'd expect them to actually come with a set of properly-functioning brakes from the factory. :rolleyes:

8l23ub and EDK like this.
  29. iFerrari

iFerrari

So you don't care means I should not care either. Nice mindset

30. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Can't complain here. Weird stuff from PD :tup:

It seems a decent pack. The French policecar normally has 1 light in the middle of the roof. PD could have made a variation or made it a safety car.

dlshearon, sirjim73 and AgentBlackDog like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.