Laguna Seca Confirmed for This Week's GT Sport Christmas Update

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 673 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions of the cars:

Ford GT '17 (N700)
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76 (N100)
Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ Safety Car (Gr. X)
Renault Sport Megane Trophy Safety Car (Gr. X)
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car (Gr. X)
Porsche 911 GT2 (993) '95 (N400)
Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC+ '18 (N600)

Dunno if the Charger will be a safety car. Why would a safety car have bullbars and two search lights?

Dunno if the Charger will be a safety car. Why would a safety car have bullbars and two search lights?
It would be very unusual to have a police car here in GT Sport, so the best option would be a safety car. Apparently they'll have to change the livery and everything.

And by the way, the sedan over there is literally a Mercedes-AMG C 63 S.

Last edited:
The middle row is all cop cars. French gendarmerie are using the Megane RS as a high speed intervention vehicle :

IMG_7489-854x569.jpg

But as you can see they don't have a big light bar. Actually all 3 cars seem to feature the same light bar, which looks like the current SC's one. So I suspect they won't feature a default police livery in game and be advertised as safety cars.

The Porsche I fully expect it to be the 993 GT2, with a very odd chance of it being a Carrera RS ClubSport instead. Can't be a RUF, that's defo a Porsche bumper.

Remember folks

We live in a world where PD prioritizes cop cars over up to date race cars :lol:

Either useless safety cars or cop cars.

If I want cop chases I play NFS Heat.

Here comes the rage comments which be like:

"wHy ArE tHeRe nO Gr.1/Gr.2/Gr.3/Gr.4??? ThIs gAmE iS tRasH, ItS a DiSGraCe, PoLyPhONy ArE crOoKS, NeVEr PlAYiNg AgAiN"

*5mins later they start playing GT Sport again*

People have a right to voice their opinions and dislikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see an issue with the cop cars... If you don't like it just don't buy it. Really is quite that simple.

Yea sure some more Gr3 / 4 cars would be cool but due to Assetto Corsa Competizione being the official Blancpain series I suspect there are some deeper licencing issues when it comes to modern GT3 cars.

I don't see an issue with the cop cars... If you don't like it just don't buy it. Really is quite that simple.

It's the principle. These are vehicles that, at the most charitible estimation, are only going to be legitimately used by a small subsection of the community, one that already has a couple of pace cars to play out their cop fantasies with. Why add another one? Moreover, why add another when this is a game about modern, competitive online racing? What purpose does this achieve other then pad the road car count and continue with PD's frenzied desire to ram road cars into the game in order to build back fan recognition after they told offline players to pound sand for months?

Yea sure some more Gr3 / 4 cars would be cool but due to Assetto Corsa Competizione being the official Blancpain series I suspect there are some deeper licencing issues when it comes to modern GT3 cars.

That shouldn't matter in the slightest considering that one can negotiate rights for vehicles individually, and there are enough vehicles, both in GT4 and 3, outside of the Blancpain umbrella to make it worthwhile.

It's the principle. These are vehicles that, at the most charitible estimation, are only going to be legitimately used by a small subsection of the community, one that already has a couple of pace cars to play out their cop fantasies with. Why add another one?

That shouldn't matter in the slightest considering that one can negotiate rights for vehicles individually, and there are enough vehicles, both in GT4 and 3, outside of the Blancpain umbrella to make it worthwhile.
Plus, Slightly Mad Studios was able to get all of the GT3 cars that are in Blancpain for Project Cars 2 so it's not that.

Cop cars? I don't mind them but really the 993 GT2 and the Ford GT are the ones that got my attention especially the 993 GT2 which is the Porsche that I really wanted to see coming in GT and it finally did.

Reactions: Jay
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back