"LeMons" regulations

• Thread starter Joker-GTBR
  • 21 comments
GTBR_Joker
I'm planning to do Lemons-style series with my friends. Which regulations are most used and recommended to a fair racing experience?

Well if your having a "lemons" competition, you may want to peel them first and prepare for some extremely sour flavors. But, if you're having a Le Mans style race, you should probably all use a car from the same time period, the same horsepower, and the same tire compounds. But, if you want it to be more strategic, just tell everyone to bring a stock LMP and race 👍.

lemons?
lemons.jpg

pp under 300, standard cars only, comfort hard only. No tuning allowed, no oil change allowed, heavy damage,

I would probably say only pre 89 cars just for some spice.

iamsupernasty
This! I've raced in the 24 Hours of Lemons before.

You've raced in the real 24 Hours of Le Mans, yet you don't know how to spell Le Mans? Something doesn't add up. Just curious. Maybe I didn't catch text sarcasm, haha :lol:

This! I've raced in the 24 Hours of Lemons before. I can be sure to say, hands down, it's the most fun I've ever had in a weekend.

As for the OP, I'm a little confused by your question. Need more details.

I'm aware of a 4-hour lemons race (that would be the miata race), but I don't see a 24-hour lemons race in GT5...

Perhaps you should do a Le Mans race instead...

For Le Mans, you must use LMPs. Le Mans Prototypes. LMP, get it?

For a 24-hour Lemons race you should set the rules as comfort hard tires, 100hp or less.

You've raced in the real 24 Hours of Le Mans, yet you don't know how to spell Le Mans? Something doesn't add up. Just curious. Maybe I didn't catch text sarcasm, haha :lol:

I'm aware of a 4-hour lemons race (that would be the miata race), but I don't see a 24-hour lemons race in GT5...

Perhaps you should do a Le Mans race instead...

For Le Mans, you must use LMPs. Le Mans Prototypes. LMP, get it?

For a 24-hour Lemons race you should set the rules as comfort hard tires, 100hp or less.

Did you guys not click the link?

The 24 Hours of Lemons is a racing series for sub-$500 cars. It's a real series, and I did not mis-spell it. I wasn't talking about a GT5 event.

iamsupernasty
Did you guys not click the link?

The 24 Hours of Lemons is a racing series for sub-$500 cars. It's a real series, and I did not mis-spell it. I wasn't talking about a GT5 event.

I knew I was missing something! Haha my apologies :dunce:.

Might not be a bad idea to only allow cars with more than 200,000 miles on them too, just to be sure they have had the proper 'race preparation.'

And I'd agree that they should probably all be old as well, to be more believable that they would be attainable in the real world for under $500. Nobody would ever pay GT5 prices for some of those cars lol.

EDIT: I'd also agree that full damage would be a must for this event as well, if you're planning on racing less than a full tire stint, I'd also probably disallow pitting to fix any damage.

Can you find a bunch of 'qualified' cars and and restrict the selections to those cars from your garage, or are you going to have to trust that everybody has followed the rules? I've actually never attempted to use that option before, don't know how it works.

Good luck. Great idea, should be a hoot.

I'll not do a 24-hour race, but a 10-races-of-100-km series.

I suggested the "buy at start" cars regulation, only level 0 cars with price (and tuning costs) below 20.000cr, since anyone can buy these since the first "day" of the game.

Does anyone haves an approach number to the "average GT5 car" PP number (sum of all cars in the game with DEFAULT settings, oil change and no tuning)?

If I were to start a race on Le Mans I would do all stock LM cars with no tire restrictions and the rest is pretty self explanatory such as race clean and what not.

I'd be in on this. Kind of like an extreem budget racing challenge. I couldn't do a full 24hr race though. I wish there was a driver swap option for online racing, I would get my nephews to do 4 hour shifts for me.

Definitely limit the cars to something like 0 level, less than X (like 15k) credits, no mods, no oil change. I like the minimum mileage idea also, but it might be hard to find a qualifying car with that much mileage in a short time.

If I were to start a race on Le Mans I would do all stock LM cars with no tire restrictions and the rest is pretty self explanatory such as race clean and what not.

Not Le Mans... Le Mons. Check the link :)

I suppose a mileage limit kind of limits it to used cars, but then that's kind of the point(except it means no in-car view for anybody). I suppose you could always buy a cheap crappy new car and then have Bob drive it around Indy for 200,000 miles... or 400 indy 500s... yeah that might take a while since we can't use time acceleration anymore.

EDIT: Actually I guess making the limit that high makes it rather unlikely to find anything but 1960s cars that high, due to the way GT5 used car mileages seem to work, but you get the idea, it was just a number.

Not Le Mans... Le Mons. Check the link :)

I suppose a mileage limit kind of limits it to used cars, but then that's kind of the point(except it means no in-car view for anybody). I suppose you could always buy a cheap crappy new car and then have Bob drive it around Indy for 200,000 miles... or 400 indy 500s... yeah that might take a while since we can't use time acceleration anymore.

Yeah I was about to say I think he meant to put Le Mons..

Back