Let's revisit counter-steering assist

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wardez
  • 332 comments
  • 25,438 views
I have used CSA ever since buying GT sport. I just like the way it feels and I feel like I am more connected to what the car is doing for some reason. I seems to give me the feeling and car control from back in the GT5 & GT6 days.

With CSA on, the force feedback on the G29 feels more solid and I have more control of the car rather than with it turned off. It may be a few tenths slower over a single lap but i'm fine with that for the added consistency I get.

I have noticed with CSA turned on in the tyre wear and fuel consumption races that the front tyres take an absolute beating as opposed to people that run with it off. This is purely from just looking at replays of my races.

However I suppose it all depends what works for you, CSA seems to work for me so will continue to use it.

That makes sense. You get a bit understeer with CSA and you push the front tires, more tire wear.

Also when you hit your brake points properly less room for errors with undesteer car.
 
...I guess today's players aren't the men we used to be..? LOL

Todays players aren't even the children we used to be, I remember arcade games from the 80's, some were damn hard but we learnt to play them or we played something else. Anyone remember Defender?

Nowadays everyone has to have instant success, little johnny needs a gold star for participating at school sports just breeds a weaker and weaker populace.

People are being tricked by instant 'reward' and deprived from the real thrill of racing on the edge with everything to lose.
 
Anyone remember Defender?

My favorite scroller from back in the early arcade days!

My brother-in-law recently bought an arcade machine for his 'boys room' with over 400 old school games loaded on it, including Defender... great fun playing it again 35 years on.

25591571_1626290484096417_6457573407787698767_n.jpg
 
Get those cues away from that radiator!! They'll warp!!!

We installed a cue rack the following day :)

Since that photo he's also had to have the wall re-plastered around the dartboard following a booze fuelled darts tournament on New Years Eve :D
 
Last edited:
:drool: I wish I could fit a pool table in my games room. I made a Chase Hq/Outrun/Pole Position/mame cabinet to relive my childhood and get some return from all those coins I dropped in the Arcade...

All I need is someone to shout 'Bunkman' and I still flinch :D (Bunkman was typically the P.E teacher who would patrol the local arcades and shops during school hours looking for truants to drag back to school)
upload_2018-3-28_13-52-59.png
 
:drool: I wish I could fit a pool table in my games room. I made a Chase Hq/Outrun/Pole Position/mame cabinet to relive my childhood and get some return from all those coins I dropped in the Arcade...

All I need is someone to shout 'Bunkman' and I still flinch :D (Bunkman was typically the P.E teacher who would patrol the local arcades and shops during school hours looking for truants to drag back to school)
View attachment 725432

Yeah, the pool table is great - it's a top quality table, and the room is permanently heated so the cloth won't get damp/slow.

Behind where I'm taking the photo from is a 3 seater couch and a 60" TV with full SKY. Next additions will be a beer fridge and some historic motorsport posters.

Anyhow... back on topic... GTS is too easy ;)
 
If it was your room this would have been moved to the smug thread.
I'm too old for adoption, does he need a live in chauffeur?
 
Last edited:
Just found out that the winner of the last FIA season for the Americas region uses Counter Steer Assist :boggled:
 
Just found out that the winner of the last FIA season for the Americas region uses Counter Steer Assist :boggled:
In Sport Mode, use whatever is available to you that will make you faster.
I'd rather not use CSA, and in lobbies I won't, but if there's a car/track combo where I feel there's an advantage to be gained by using it (these are few & far between, btw) then I'll use it - I'd advise anyone to do the same, and hopefully these threads can just die :)
 
What makes me laugh in lobbies:

I’m generally very fast on Dragon Trail (I race BOP off, slipstream real, no boost) and will consistently be low 1.29 with the odd 1.28 depending on how hard I’m being pushed. I use TCS 0 and CSA weak. Now normally when I join a lobby the host will normally have BOP off, no boost, slipstream real i.e. perfect.

What I am finding more and more is if you beat the lobby host, before the next race they’ll watch you in qualifying, see the csa and then proceed to switch it off in settings. OK fine, but at least make it fair and set TCS to 0 also.
 
What makes me laugh in lobbies:

I’m generally very fast on Dragon Trail (I race BOP off, slipstream real, no boost) and will consistently be low 1.29 with the odd 1.28 depending on how hard I’m being pushed. I use TCS 0 and CSA weak. Now normally when I join a lobby the host will normally have BOP off, no boost, slipstream real i.e. perfect.

What I am finding more and more is if you beat the lobby host, before the next race they’ll watch you in qualifying, see the csa and then proceed to switch it off in settings. OK fine, but at least make it fair and set TCS to 0 also.
Yeah that's quite funny when they do that :lol:
And then you still beat them then they go crazy and restrict everything like tuning and stuff
And you still win! :lol::lol::lol:
 
Back