Lewis/Nordschleife - post your best time

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 33 comments
Germany
Germany
Finally had some spare time to give this a crack tonight. So fun.

Only had about 6 runs. Best time so far

Would be good to see what everyone else is doing. Bit of competitiveness never hurt anyone!!

FBBA4A78-EADB-4AFA-9621-8BA34A9ABE9D.jpeg

My fastest run so far 5:34.038. Think i could find about 1-2 seconds on a perfect run but this was quite good. I was always a fan of driving Group 1 and faster cars around the Nordschleife since the old times of GT4. So this challenge fits me very well and I only needed about 5 restarts to get Hamiltons time. :)

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191204124608.jpg

You can watch the whole run at 18:41 min in my video! :cheers:

So far only had one run where I actually got to the finish (only did about 3 attempts), but with 3 spins. 6:09.
I'm sure I can do a 5:40 if I can get through a lap without mistakes, but that might take a few (hundred) more attempts.

Last edited:
5:39,xxx on my 1st and only lap (3 restarts). I find it to be by far the easiest diamond in this challenge. Lewis is really slow on Nordschleife (unlike Nürburgring GP, that bastard :lol::mad:). But I seriously doubt that this is the best he can do. He probably just couldn't be bothered to do more than 2 or 3 laps.

EDIT:

Also, I noticed a weird thing during the run. In the middle of the straight, I suddenly started gaining on him again quite significantly (maybe even 0.3s). His car must have had a different setup to what we have. It's the only explanation. But it kind of makes the challenge invalid in my opinion.

Last edited:
Bronze here, after 3-4 tries, all with leaving the road/crashes. So if I play it more safe I will get the silver.

I plan to get platinum on the rest tracks and leave this as the final. Sweet taste of victory it will be.

Jeezus! :bowdown:

Any mere mortals want to share their times?
I'll give you all a clue..... Lewis is saying to me "Nah, more practice" :lol: Some of you may not have ever heard that particular phrase.
I love this track but just cannot get the hang of it. I've spent time golding some sections in Circuit Experience, the balance are silver, but the final lap bronze.... in the much slower car in Circuit Experience.
In this Sauber.... I need more practice!:)

I am close to gold time in Nordschleife until that whole rollercoaster sector after carussel with all those blind corners. My favorite sector of the whole track but also the one I need most practice on.

I love this combo. Lap time was a 5:32,198. I did a few mistakes (around Schwalbenschwanz) but I'm very happy.

Holy moly, what a lap! And maybe you did better, like 5:30.xxx? Interesting your driving style, very smooth, no TCS with a DS4, unbelievable... What's your controller setup? I use the right stick for brake/throttle, it's 20 years that I race like that, right stick is a must for me, no two ways about it.
My best is 5:35.305.
5:27.3xx with supersofts! :lol:
I can't say I'm disappointed, but oh well, I'd like to improve it, just for fun.

Holy moly, what a lap! And maybe you did better, like 5:30.xxx? Interesting your driving style, very smooth, no TCS with a DS4, unbelievable... What's your controller setup? I use the right stick for brake/throttle, it's 20 years that I race like that, right stick is a must for me, no two ways about it.
My best is 5:35.305.
5:27.3xx with supersofts! :lol:
I can't say I'm disappointed, but oh well, I'd like to improve it, just for fun.
Thank you!
I'm using a standard DS4 and put the controller sensitivity to 7. I'm using the R2/L2 triggers for driving, but I set the upshift to circle and downshift to square.
I might give this event another shot as there's still room for improvement.

As a tip which works quite well for GT or any racing games:
Don't hop into the best handling cars as soon as you start the game. I usually warm up by driving some N300 or N400 street car with Comfort Soft tires on the Nurb. If you feel comfortable you can then start driving racecars with Race Hard tires. The feeling will be so much better and more safe. If you do it the other way around (fast car first, then the slow one), you will have a harder time to adapt.

Thank you!
I'm using a standard DS4 and put the controller sensitivity to 7. I'm using the R2/L2 triggers for driving, but I set the upshift to circle and downshift to square.
I might give this event another shot as there's still room for improvement.

As a tip which works quite well for GT or any racing games:
Don't hop into the best handling cars as soon as you start the game. I usually warm up by driving some N300 or N400 street car with Comfort Soft tires on the Nurb. If you feel comfortable you can then start driving racecars with Race Hard tires. The feeling will be so much better and more safe. If you do it the other way around (fast car first, then the slow one), you will have a harder time to adapt.

Thanks for your tips Yassi! The fact is I'm terrified by street cars handling, seriously, they're a pain to drive - at least for me - no grip whatsoever. Comfort Softs? AAARGH! You really want to hurt me!
I spent ages dreaming of a Gran Turismo featuring ONLY racing cars, why not? The real racing simulator...
Ok, they may be easier to drive, but they'e great fun. And when it comes to being superfast, the hardest painful challenging part would be guaranteed anyway.

Yesterday, after 13 days stuck to 5:35.305, finally I bettered it to 5:35.201 and - miraculously - 5:35.187 the very next lap. From now on, one thousand at a time: the Nordschleife C9 fun is not over yet. :)

Thanks for your tips Yassi! The fact is I'm terrified by street cars handling, seriously, they're a pain to drive - at least for me - no grip whatsoever. Comfort Softs? AAARGH! You really want to hurt me!
I spent ages dreaming of a Gran Turismo featuring ONLY racing cars, why not? The real racing simulator...
Ok, they may be easier to drive, but they'e great fun. And when it comes to being superfast, the hardest painful challenging part would be guaranteed anyway.

Yesterday, after 13 days stuck to 5:35.305, finally I bettered it to 5:35.201 and - miraculously - 5:35.187 the very next lap. From now on, one thousand at a time: the Nordschleife C9 fun is not over yet. :)
No problem m8 :-)

Sometimes it's better to stay in 3rd than 2nd gear as you lose quite a lot of momentum during a shift. Maybe you can play around and find the sweet spot so that you can improve your time (though a 5:35 is already extremely fast).

The Nordschleife one is definatly the second easiest one after Monza. I thoroughly enjoyed it. To be fair though, anyone knowing my channel knows, that the Nordschleife is my second home. My diamond time: 5.39.531. LH time: 5.40.622 (after ~ 5 laps).

Finally had some spare time to give this a crack tonight. So fun.

Only had about 6 runs. Best time so far

Would be good to see what everyone else is doing. Bit of competitiveness never hurt anyone!!

View attachment 871784

It would be cool, if you could make a list/ranking, of all posted times in your first post. :cheers:

Last edited:
The Nordschleife one is definatly the second easiest one after Monza. I thoroughly enjoyed it. To be fair though, anyone knowing my channel knows, that the Nordschleife is my second home. My diamond time: 5.39.531. LH time: 5.40.622 (after ~ 7 laps).

It would be cool, if you could make a list/ranking, of all posted times in your first post. :cheers:

At Monza I'm terrified by the 2nd chicane (Variante della Roggia), 90% of the times I get a penalty :grumpy:
The Nordschleife in a C9 is just a terrific experience, the track, the engine sound, everything - except for the cockpit view: I feel like a lowrider in a bouncing car, what a joke! (Kaz, are you kidding us?). As @Yassi_99 rightly said, momentum is everything; and although getting a diamond may be relatively easy, being faster and faster is not easy at all! 5:30.000?! Good gracious, how do I get there?!
5:34.751 for now.

At Monza I'm terrified by the 2nd chicane (Variante della Roggia), 90% of the times I get a penalty :grumpy:
The Nordschleife in a C9 is just a terrific experience, the track, the engine sound, everything - except for the cockpit view: I feel like a lowrider in a bouncing car, what a joke! (Kaz, are you kidding us?). As @Yassi_99 rightly said, momentum is everything; and although getting a diamond may be relatively easy, being faster and faster is not easy at all! 5:30.000?! Good gracious, how do I get there?!
5:34.751 for now.

Honestly, your time is extremely impressive to me. 👍
I mean I could further improve, sure. A 34,xxx? Maybe. Under 30? Never.

He records the lap while driving and not the replay. I don't know why but the replay cockpit cam has much more vertical bounce.

Hmmm, very interesting.

edit: I just tried the live cockpit view, it's actually very enjoyable, no bouncing. I apologize to Kaz ;)

Last edited:
I had a long session on the Green Hell today, 25/30 laps crashing every single attempt, "it's not your day" I thought, time to give up. Nah, just another one! Ok...
I didn't crash: 5:34.411. Good gracious...

Last edited:
Back