Logitech G29 / G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 1,154 comments
blue spring holders for the pedals.
Sold!

Maybe they sell the wheel separate so you can use your old G27 pedals and shifter with it?
And the box below is the complete new unit?

Hopefully they will go that route. Keep the compatibility of the G27 shifter and pedals, and sell the G29 in individual parts for those who only want to upgrade part of their setup. The could still offer bundles, which of course would have a discount over buying each piece separate.

This is fun.....

(edited)

The earlier released picture of wheel with small blue box was for "Driving Force Shifter"
So likely their will be a NEW shifter that could be sold separately but isn't like the G27 shifter because the d-pad etc is now on the wheel which kinda makes the current type shifter irrelevant...

So why G29 & G27 on boxes under table?

Here is the new G27 Box Side pic is the same but this box seems bigger:
Could be just a set of pedals in a box they had sent.
5eKumeY.jpg

G27 UNBOXING VIDEO (revised packaging)

Last edited:
This is fun.....

Top box to me looks like G27 pedals not a shifter though...
The earlier released picture of wheel with small blue box was for "Performance Shifter"

So likely their will be a NEW shifter that is going to be sold separately but isn't like the G27 shifter?

So why G29 & G27 on boxes under table?

Here is the new G27 Box Side pic is the same but this box seems bigger:
Could be just a set of pedals in a box they had sent.
5eKumeY.jpg

I can barely make out the text, but it reads "Force Feedback Wheel and Pedal Set"

Yeah, that's just a 'black box' G27, they've been around for a while. They revised both the G27 and DFGT with a 30-slot encoder wheel and probably a couple of components - they seem to be quite fond of changing the MOSFET suppliers, for one thing. The easiest way to differentiate between an old or new G27 (without opening it or knowing the serial numbers) is by the design of the box it came in.

It's hard to say for sure but it looks like the box in the Ghost Games photo is different, the text on the right side is different to the image above and the top line on the panel we can see most clearly says 'G27' at the top, the box above has 'Logitech' at the top and 'G27' underneath. Maybe the design for the Swedish language (since that's where Ghost Games are) packaging is different. I think the size is about right, though.

I think it so much that I'm struggling to believe it's real.
I think its really the bright colors on the LR buttons and red knob that make it look cheap, if they made them like gray or something, I think it would look better quality

I think they started updating the boxes for all their wheels about 2 years ago...

TIL

I believe the G29 we're seeing it's a protoytpe. No way they are gonna leave so much unused space between the L/R buttons, nor the RA wheel red considering their new main color is blue.

I'm interested in what's inside and that "performance shifter".

TIL

I believe the G29 we're seeing it's a protoytpe. No way they are gonna leave so much unused space between the L/R buttons, nor the RA wheel red considering their new main color is blue.

I'm interested in what's inside and that "performance shifter".
It think it's gonna be called the Driving force

I would like to see anyone can take picture of G27 boxes? Top, front, back, bottom and side...to see what's the different compare of that picture in office.
Google only show front :(

Logitech-Driving-Force-PS3.jpg

Judging from the weird button placement (and flat bottom?) it looks like a great and faithful successor.

But does it mean it will replace de DFGT?

That's the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. Burn it.

I'd totally snap one of these up for GT7. I used a DFGT for GT5 and loved it for it's price.

I doubted I would ever see such a well-priced force feedback wheel again. I'm glad Logitech are back on it.

So am I the only one who thinks it looks cheap? Like they took a DFGT and then threw it at a G27.

Nope, it looks awful, but maybe there's another wheel in the pipeline?

I really want to know what this Gran Turismo Sport is, Amar dropped the name, then days later it's revealed that Logitech are back making wheels, could there be a connection, an high-end wheel that's the new official GT wheel from Logitech?

Logitech G27 - Low-end
Logitech G29 Driving Force - Mid-range
Logitech Gran Turismo Sport - High-end

I really want to know what this Gran Turismo Sport is, Amar dropped the name, then days later it's revealed that Logitech are back making wheels, could there be a connection, an high-end wheel that's the new official GT wheel from Logitech?

Logitech G27 - Low-end
Grand Turismo Sport....Say whaaa

In those days sure, it was a piece of engineering excellence. But if that picture a few posts above were to be the new G29, my comment still stands :P

Logitech G27 - Low-end

G27 is not really low end though, the cheapest you can find it here is £220 ish (about $340), roughly the same price as a Thrustmaster T300RS, and of course the G27 comes with high quality pedals and a shifter. Low end is the DFGT side of things, or even the original Driving Force.

This new G29 we see doesn't look at all like it's going to be a superior product to the G27 from looks.. Maybe they are packing something under the hood, but I doubt it given their approach to the design. They have realised they can sell the shifter separately and so it looks like they won't include it in the new package deal.

G27 with a DFGT thrown at it.
G27 looking pedals with some blue.
No shifter

Same price as current G27, probably.

I would like to see anyone can take picture of G27 boxes? Top, front, back, bottom and side...to see what's the different compare of that picture in office.
Google only show front :(
It think it's gonna be called the Driving force

I edited my post as recognised that thanks.

The picture I used is from a You Tube unboxing video, shows all of the box.
The G27 box on top "to me" is not the same size as the G27 wheel box, I don't think its worth considering as something to do with the new wheel...

It seems the new G29 will come with blue plastic housings, you can just make it out.
So likely that the new shifter will also have blue.

Last edited:
Back