Long Beach in Forza 5 (DLC)

• Thread starter Hoodboi
  • 131 comments
I know it's the same old whine but I really wish GT would take a page out of Forza's book. Roughly 50 cars as DLC and free tracks and what has GT6 given us in comparison? not even worth mentioning. Great track for free :) can't wait and I'm especially excited to see a new 'Ring track, the old one on Forza always looked so dull.

To be fair though, the cars are rather expensive and GT6 already has a huge amount more cars and tracks from the beginning. Sure, Forza 5 is a launch title, but still the comparison kinda ignores that no matter how much free and paid DLC will be released for Forza 5, in the end GT6 will have at least double the content.
Anyway new tracks are desperatley needed for Forza 5, so let's keep'em coming. Waiting for the Nordschleife...

I know it's the same old whine but I really wish GT would take a page out of Forza's book. Roughly 50 cars as DLC and free tracks and what has GT6 given us in comparison? not even worth mentioning. Great track for free :) can't wait and I'm especially excited to see a new 'Ring track, the old one on Forza always looked so dull.

Forza 5 had 200 cars though compared to GT's 1000 and the 50 DLC cars in Forza cost the same amount as the full game does 👎 The 2 free tracks brings us upto what 16 or 17 compared to over 30 in GT6?

Last edited:
So no matter how much someone improves it's all in vain if the other is better? Sorry I don't follow your logic. This is next gen which means they started all over, it takes time to add up the numbers. You think GT7 on PS4 will have more than GT6?

That's not exactly what he said according to the linked article. Dan doesn't mention Nordschliefe at all.

Autoblog
While Greenawalt didn't spill anything to us in terms of upcoming DLC (nor take our bait when asked about the feasibility of bringing the Nürburgring to the game), he did state that Turn 10 is "not done yet" where future content is concerned.

Dang. 0845 here on the west coast and still no Long Beach. I was hoping to get a little racing in before I had to go to work. Guess I'll have to wait until after I get home.

So no matter how much someone improves it's all in vain if the other is better? Sorry I don't follow your logic. This is next gen which means they started all over, it takes time to add up the numbers. You think GT7 on PS4 will have more than GT6?

Sure, they'll make one R34 then make 25-50 cars out of that one. Repeat with R33, Impreza, Miata, Silvia... :D

We all know more tracks are coming. They really are trying to bring more real world tracks to forza. If they focused on building more fantasy test tracks, then I think career mode would get a huge boost.

Fantasy tracks, no thanks. Never like the flow of them.

Forza 5 had 200 cars though compared to GT's 1000 and the 50 DLC cars in Forza cost the same amount as the full game does 👎 The 2 free tracks brings us upto what 16 or 17 compared to over 30 in GT6?
Let's completely ignore the fact that there's 2-3 tiers of modeled cars or that the majority are ports dating back to GT4/3 or that a giant portion are duplicate Miatas, Skylines, etc.

If Forza had taken that route, you would still give them flack for it instead. :rolleyes:

So you were trying for 8 hours before it was officially released? Seems like a bit of a waste of your time.

No one knew when it was getting released until 4 or 5 hours ago. MS usually update Live in the Uk between 10-13.00.

Update is still not out for a hell of alot of people, MS have ****ed this up big time.

Let's completely ignore the fact that there's 2-3 tiers of modeled cars or that the majority are ports dating back to GT4/3 or that a giant portion are duplicate Miatas, Skylines, etc.

If Forza had taken that route, you would still give them flack for it instead. :rolleyes:

This. It's lose/lose when going to a new platform. People will complain about the drop in quantity of content, or you include the old stuff (which wasn't even considered as a possibility really until GT5 did it) and get people complaining that they're playing FM4 Super Turbo.

There is no good solution. Given that content for new consoles takes at least as long to create as it did for old consoles, it's simply not possible for three or four years of content development to compete with seven or eight.

Well this is kind of frustrating. The pack is installed, but I don't have the track or cars available. I've tried shutting down the console. I tried logging out and logging back in. I tried uninstalling the pack and reinstalling it. Nothing is working.

Well this is kind of frustrating. The pack is installed, but I don't have the track or cars available. I've tried shutting down the console. I tried logging out and logging back in. I tried uninstalling the pack and reinstalling it. Nothing is working.
Yeah, there's a server issue where the track download isn't being pushed. Unfortunately, you need that update before you can use access the cars in the new pack. I've been unable to get any of the workarounds to do anything...

Back