Long Beach in Forza 5 (DLC)

• Thread starter Hoodboi
  • 131 comments
Not sure I follow...

You're saying that you don't understand the admittedly odd argument being made that FM5 doesn't look "next-gen" in comparison to 4, and you go on to conclude that it has something to do with the size of the television being used. My comment was pointing out that it doesn't exactly work that way.

You're saying that you don't understand the admittedly odd argument being made that FM5 doesn't look "next-gen" in comparison to 4, and you go on to conclude that it has something to do with the size of the television being used. My comment was pointing out that it doesn't exactly work that way.
I think explaining why the engine and API do us what he's asking for. Not everyone around here is a tech geek.

Long Beach is STUNNING! I can't understand those that say they don't see next gen (FM5), I have to believe they must be running on a smaller display as on a 55" flat panel you can easily see the graphical improvements.

As for the car pack, the best group I have ever seen (FM4/5); based on my preferences (love open cockpit). I haven't bought any additional cars yet for FM5 but this is one DLC pack I can't resist.
VXR
My TV is a six-year-old 37" 1080p set and Forza 5 looks next-gen, so to say otherwise is peculiar.
*Looks at video* Meh, I've seen better :sly:

I think explaining why the engine and API do us what he's asking for. Not everyone around here is a tech geek.

Oh, sure. I wasn't being condescending or anything of the sort, I just don't want Fuzzy thinking their TV has anything to do with the odd opinion that FM5 doesn't look next-gen. :P

As for why the graphics engine and the API are responsible - and I'll spare you and everyone else a lengthy post - it can be as simple as looking at pictures from FM4 and FM5. You can even go as far back as FM2 up to 4; all 3 games use the same API (DirectX 9) but the look of the game was improved over the years through refinements (new lighting and graphics engines). Now look at FM5 that uses an entirely new API (DirectX 11) and you should notice that the size of the TV you're using or even the resolution of said TV have nothing to do with it because it's the way everything is being drawn that matters.

All I meant was it may be harder to see the graphical improvements if gaming on a smaller display. Games on my old Dreamcast console look pretty good on a 13" TV, but on a 55" pretty crappy - detail, or lack of, become very evident. FM4 to FM5 on a 55" the graphical improvements are noticeable, FM4 to FM5 on a 17" not so much. With that said, there can be many reasons why some don't feel FM5 is next gen worthy (graphical wise), my intent wasn't to answer those with a off-hand comment.

On topic, Long Beach looks STUNNING!

Last edited:
You may not have intended such, but that's called trolling.

Let's not do that again.

FM4 to FM5 on a 55" the graphical improvements are noticeable, FM4 to FM5 on a 17" not so much.

It's still pretty noticeable on an 18" monitor. If I download proper 60fps 1080 videos of FM5 (I don't have an Xbox One) it looks significantly different to when I play FM4 on exactly the same monitor.

Maybe some people can't tell the difference, but I doubt it. I suspect in a blind test with the two games side by side on identical small screens almost everyone could pick the difference straight away.

My TV's only 24 inch and it still looks next gen compared with FM4. You just have to sit closer :lol:

I got your sarcasm and it was not bad natured just to get a laugh :)
Woohoo. :D I'm really glad you have, haha, I like to have fun and cheer others up. :cheers: The Long Beach track really does look beautiful and fun. Pure awesomeness. :D Now that, is what you call quality over quantity. Thank lord for that as well. :)

Wooooow. Long Beach looks incredibly detailed and beautiful. T10 did a very good job on it. It also feels like summer there as well.

drooling_smiley.gif

Finally had a chance to play Forza 5 at my brothers over the weekend. The first map I went to was Long Beach. Indeed a very beautiful and highly detailed map.

Really!? I wish my conutry only had summer. Having fun in the sun. :D
Not literally. It doesnt get that cold, heck I bet a day I consider cold will probably be your bright and sunny day haha. The worst we get is rain, and even then its usually never anything crazy. I'd probably die if I were anywhere else.

Not literally. It doesnt get that cold, heck I bet a day I consider cold will probably be your bright and sunny day haha. The worst we get is rain, and even then its usually never anything crazy. I'd probably die if I were anywhere else.
Haha. That reminds me of a conutry called Grenada I first traveled to, where it was also bright and sun as well. :)

I got the best of both worlds. Mild winter (around 10-15 deg celcius) and 35-40 in summer. And we can go to the mountains for the snow at winter :P

I get the worst of both worlds; rain with about a month of sunshine, dotted throughout the three month summer.

You'd all hate where I'm from. Yesterday was 80°F and sunny, tomorrow will be 25°F and snowing.
lol! So for you it was sunny yesterday, and tomorrow it will snow? I gotta travel to your town in the future. :)
VXR
I get the worst of both worlds; rain with about a month of sunshine, dotted throughout the three month summer.
I must ask, how many floods did your town get? :dopey:

Back