Lots of Games have it Now. Should GT 5 have a Rewind Option?

• Thread starter Simple SIM
  • 1,300 comments

Gameplay Rewind Feature. Opinions.

• I will only buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yes, it should be in GT5.

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • I don't care if it is included, nor if it isn't.

Votes: 71 21.8%
  • No, it shouldn't be in GT5.

Votes: 210 64.6%
  • I won't buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • I would never use it if it's in the game.

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • I would use it only during practice.

Votes: 30 9.2%
  • I would use it only during races.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I would use it in both modes (racing and practice).

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Other (explain).

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

How is it unethical?

Because on the one hand you'll have people who are actually trying to improve their skills and want to learn how to take turns properly, people who'll earning their way through the game. Then on the other hand you'll have people who will get by by rewinding and rewinding and rewinding.

I think it creates a bit of an imbalance, people who will rewind for the purpose of learning the corner and then people who will rewind just to do it.

But I mean, me arguing this is kind of silly, because its just a game and who ever owns the game can do whatever they like. I just think it will promote an attitude of rewinding to get ahead rather than rewinding to learn the right way to get around a corner as fast and as clealy as possible.

If you could turn if off pre-race then yeah its great.

Would be a good tool to learn a track, or perfect a squence of corners etc and then rewind etc, however being able to turn it off so you cannot rely on it etc would be perfect for real racing

Would you have a problem with them implementing a damage model for ALL cars? I've heard some people say they don't care about damage because they "don't ever crash"

Or how about "wasting time" with online play? I've heard people say they don't care about it and only like hotlapping.

What about skid marks? would that be pointless?
Damage and skid marks are pointless, so is 3D trees that everyone keeping going on about.

After all this nonsense, actual features that'll actually benefit the driving component of GT like alternating weather (grip) and different times of the day(visibility) still haven't been added.

Would you have a problem with them implementing a damage model for ALL cars? I've heard some people say they don't care about damage because they "don't ever crash"

Or how about "wasting time" with online play? I've heard people say they don't care about it and only like hotlapping.

What about skid marks? would that be pointless?
see now your getting all butt hurt, because no one really agree that they shold have an option called rewind.

1. damage- alot of ppl like this option, so taht is why PD is working on it.
2. online play- alot of ppl like this option, so taht is why PD is working on it.

3. Rewind option- alot of ppl dont care for this option. so why only cater to the 1% who does (such as your self). why have PD waste time for the 1% who only cares about this option? why not just make it easier for PD and just buy a game that has that feature, if that feature is really important to you. w

Because on the one hand you'll have people who are actually trying to improve their skills and want to learn how to take turns properly, people who'll earning their way through the game. Then on the other hand you'll have people who will get by by rewinding and rewinding and rewinding.

I think it creates a bit of an imbalance, people who will rewind for the purpose of learning the corner and then people who will rewind just to do it.

But I mean, me arguing this is kind of silly, because its just a game and who ever owns the game can do whatever they like. I just think it will promote an attitude of rewinding to get ahead rather than rewinding to learn the right way to get around a corner as fast and as clealy as possible.

I don't see why you should care how other people play their own game, but you did mention that, so fair enough.

People use the fact that there is no damage to bumpercar their way into 1st place. I don't do it, but if some people want to then that's fine with me.

You say that the people not using rewind are the people who are trying to improve their skills, but what about the people who ARE using rewind, for the purpose of..... improving their skills?

see now your getting all butt hurt, because no one really agree that they shold have an option called rewind.

1. damage- alot of ppl like this option, so taht is why PD is working on it.
2. online play- alot of ppl like this option, so taht is why PD is working on it.

3. Rewind option- alot of ppl dont care for this option. so why only cater to the 1% who does (such as your self). why have PD waste time for the 1% who only cares about this option? why not just make it easier for PD and just buy a game that has that feature, if that feature is really important to you. w

A rewind feature wouldn't be in so many games if people didn't want it. I wouldn't be shocked at all if one day Polyphony implements this feature. And on the day that they do people will be singing it's praises.

A rewind feature wouldn't be in so many games if people didn't want it. I wouldn't be shocked at all if one day Polyphony implements this feature. And on the day that they do people will be singing it's praises.
Many players of NFS also want GT to play like NFS, and there are a lot of them, so I guess GT should scrap their physics altogether. People who want things like weather/day/night = good people. People who want rewind in GT = people who should put more thought into what they say.

And it's a dumb idea because..........
Everyone has already told you a load of reasons. Look, there are maybe 3 people on this site that wants it, I say we all pool some money and get you guys forz... nvm, I'm poor. XD

Time people TIME! I don't want to one day hear Kaz go "lol, GT5 is now coming out in October 2010 cuz we're implementing the most perfect rewind ever!" I would throw a litter of kittens out the window (onto a soft bed of grass, but still, KITTENS OOUT THE WINDOW)

Might as well have started a thread asking if Gran Turismo 5 should support cheat codes

A mod should lock this useless thread

If you could turn if off pre-race then yeah its great.

Would be a good tool to learn a track, or perfect a squence of corners etc and then rewind etc, however being able to turn it off so you cannot rely on it etc would be perfect for real racing

Exactly.

If you want to use it as a practice tool to improve your skills and then not use it come race time.....there's..... there's just no down side.

Might as well have started a thread asking if Gran Turismo 5 should support cheat codes

A mod should lock this useless thread
I agree with this notion, we must hide this travesty before Kaz sees it. :yuck:

Exactly.

If you want to use it as a practice tool to improve your skills and then not use it come race time.....there's..... there's just no down side.
I should totally write a thesis about tunnel vision using you as an example. XD

Many players of NFS also want GT to play like NFS, and there are a lot of them, so I guess GT should scrap their physics altogether. People who want things like weather/day/night = good people. People who want rewind in GT = people who should put more thought into what they say.

Everyone has already told you a load of reasons. Look, there are maybe 3 people on this site that wants it, I say we all pool some money and get you guys forz... nvm, I'm poor. XD

Time people TIME! I don't want to one day hear Kaz go "lol, GT5 is now coming out in October 2010 cuz we're implementing the most perfect rewind ever!" I would throw a litter of kittens out the window (onto a soft bed of grass, but still, KITTENS OOUT THE WINDOW)

Yeah, great argument. I'm sure such a feature would require a 7 month investment, and skid marks a full year :dopey:

Infact the vast majority of opposition in this thread has bee a "NO" with no reasons given whatsoever. They just haven't thought it through is all.

I think many people just don't want this feature because the competition has it....the same people who are against having a livery editor.

only reason why rewind option is in forza 3, is because Turn 10 seen it in Dir or was grid.if it is grid, you will notice its a arcade racer. either way, they felt they had the time do it.

Grid had it, I laughed.
Dirt had it, I laughed.

FM3 has it, im disapointed.

GT5 won't have it, theres still hope for us hardcores.

GT teaches new people how to drive, it doesnt just give them shortcuts.

Im sorry but, If GT gets this feature, the old school GT fans will only laugh at it.

And im pro for livery editor.

Yeah, great argument. I'm sure such a feature would require a 7 month investment, and skid marks a full year :dopey:

Infact the vast majority of opposition in this thread has bee a "NO" with no reasons given whatsoever. They just haven't thought it through is all.
If you've thought it through, you would've just went and bought forza and stopped annoying us. Honestly, go to bed simple sim, go to bed.

Grid had it, I laughed.
Dirt had it, I laughed.

FM3 has it, im disapointed.

GT5 won't have it, theres still hope for us hardcores.

GT teaches new people how to drive, it doesnt just give them shortcuts.

Im sorry but, If GT gets this feature, the old school GT fans will only laugh at it.

A rewind feature teaches you how to drive. It helps you learn and improve your skills.

Or is improving your skills not "hardcore"?

In real life the outcome of a race can be decided by a mistake, take that possibility away and you lose a big part of what makes racing racing. In that vein of thought though I would like it to be possible to pressure the AI into mistakes.

I don't see why you should care how other people play their own game, but you did mention that, so fair enough.

People use the fact that there is no damage to bumpercar their way into 1st place. I don't do it, but if some people want to then that's fine with me.

Yeah, I mean if someone wants to do that, then whatever no big deal.

You say that the people not using rewind are the people who are trying to improve their skills, but what about the people who ARE using rewind, for the purpose of..... improving their skills.

I am not talking about the people who will rewind so that they can actually learn the corner. I am talking about the people who are rewinding and rewinding and rewinding. We are all enthusiasts on here, or else we wouldn't be here. We think about racing on a different level than say there average gamer who is just in it to get the one cool car.

If a feature like this is included in a game maybe they should limit its usage to say 3 times in a race, or maybe 1 rewind for every 3 laps in a race, rather than just limitless rewinding.

Thread summery:

So far no one has given a reason not to include rewind except for time concerns.

Thread summery:

So far no one has given a reason not to include rewind except for time concerns.
And money wastage concerns, since no one wants it. Save for certain rewindists. And the fact that rewinding during a race = cheating.

Yeah, I mean if someone wants to do that, then whatever no big deal.

I am not talking about the people who will rewind so that they can actually learn the corner. I am talking about the people who are rewinding and rewinding and rewinding. We are all enthusiasts on here, or else we wouldn't be here. We think about racing on a different level than say there average gamer who is just in it to get the one cool car.

If a feature like this is included in a game maybe they should limit its usage to say 3 times in a race, or maybe 1 rewind for every 3 laps in a race. That way there is some accountability in a race rather than just limitless rewinding.

A agree with what you are saying, but only 3 rewinds wouldn't allow a lot of room for perfecting corners.

I also think using rewind should disqualify your times from any leaderboard. They just shouldn't be posted at all. Those times have no business being there.

I'm not advocating it's use for any kind of cheating. ONLY for practice....or a bit of mindless fun. :P

I just don't see the harm in having the feature for those who want it and the ability to turn it off completely for the people who don't.

ohhellno128474872358125000.jpg

I don't care for a rewind feature as present in games like FM3, but I can see an option like it in a kind of driving school. It would not realy be a rewind function, but more like an option to indicate a certain track section that you would like to drive over and over, without having to drive the whole track from the start. This could prove useful to learn a certain corner or combination of corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back