Manual-Only drivers post here

Manual is fun..although I began as an auto only driver in GT2....it wasnt until GT3 that I moved to manual....happens that its just more fun!!! and faster too!!!

manual....and because it comes natural. auto bugs me in rea life anyway. oh yea, all that rif-raf about control and such.

rock. :cool:

Well, I havent played the game in forever as my father in law had it, and on top of that, I had a data error causing me to lose my GT4 saves (getting another mem.card tonight) so I am going to fire it up tonight, and try manual. Yes, I am an auto person (ducking thrown objects) but its time for me to step up and go manual :)

Has anyone tried auto and then manual on the same track, just to see how much a difference there is in time?

If somebody manage to find rev limiter address which make it possible for us to force the automatic transmission change at the rpm we choose, will you use automatic?

I dont really understand what your asking, but it gt4 there is a way to make the auto tranny not shift automaticly when you hold down a button...

I mean if you have gameshark or armax code for changing red line value. ie changing elise red line from 7600 to 8100, so that automatic trans or bspec change autmatically at 8100 rpm, will you use automatic?

Simple, Why let the computer stuff up for you, when YOU can stuff up for yourself?!

Jk, I have prefered manual since i started playing GT4, keeps it much more interesting!

I have played GT since the first one came out and i have always played in Manual Transmission cause race cars (apart from drag cars) are manual and because you have more control of the car.
In my opinion, people who play in auto are already a step below the people who play in manual.

Manual only, of course. However, I will add that I used an auto until I bought a DFP. I'm too uncoordinated to use the shoulder buttons to shift.

I've recently started playing enthusia, though, and I'm seriously considering wiring up a clutch pedal for that game. It would make things even more exciting. :)

9D8TSIAWD
I have played GT since the first one came out and i have always played in Manual Transmission cause race cars (apart from drag cars) are manual and because you have more control of the car.
In my opinion, people who play in auto are already a step below the people who play in manual.

While I would not disagree with what you have said about the advantages of manual vs auto, it is interesting to note that the two Chapperal cars in GT did actually feature auto boxs in real life!

Regards

Scaff

I'm taking the plunge! been a GT auto driver for years, but I've come to the conclusion that if I really want to be able to regulate my speed i'm gonna have to buck up & get on the stick.

I've got me a new memory card, thus a new game started today! Havent gotten very far yet, just doing licenses. So far I've gotten 3 gold! (out of 3) pretty close to gold on the fourth test a couple times, still need to shave some time. I just think they shouldn't put any red cars in the b license tests, as it makes it kinda hard to see the bottom end of the tach when learning MT. Fingers getting a bit tangled yet, as previously I had L2 as change view, R2 as ghost, & shift (none) :ill:

brief summary:

B-1 Hardest part here was learning when to upshift, as it can stay in red a good while before you really need to shift to 2nd. upshifting as soon as I hit red is a mistake as then I just crawl along forever at the bottom end of the RPMs. In the end I got the gold in far less tries than I ever did in AT. Test time: 0'10.148

B-2 Red Car! Grr can't see the high range well! Spent a lot of time watching the tach and not the road & missed braking point often, but finally got it. Test time: 0'10.965

B-3 Another red car! pfft! This one was much trickier not so much because of the curve, but both acceleration points are uphill. The starting point isn't so bad, but as soon as I have to start speeding out of the turn it goes uphill, so I wasn't sure when I was supposed to upshift to 3rd for a smooth transition & not get a lot of dropoff. Shift early? Late? Normally? Still dont know, repetition got the gold before I knew what I was doing. Test time: 0'30.755

I must be insane to start a new game, but I figured it would be the best way to learn MT.

Edit: post script - I'm assuming MT will be much easier once I get out of licenses and get in a car that I will have a little time to familiarize myself with the gearing in :ouch:

Theres one other small thing about the use of Manual in the GT series, for most vehicles w/ a stock tranny its possible to use the positive torque of the engine, simming RL to a degree in that aspect.

un_peacekeeper
I drive manual in GT4 -much more control- with the DFP, but auto in real life, since I just drive my father's A4 w/ Tiptronic.
I <3 tiptronic
ill only drive it if it has the paddels
none of that "pushing" the shifter

on another note,manual is the way to go no matter what car your driving

DeLoreanBrown
Theres one other small thing about the use of Manual in the GT series, for most vehicles w/ a stock tranny its possible to use the positive torque of the engine, simming RL to a degree in that aspect.
And, on some car you can actually notice the sound differences when the power become weaker.

Not to mention most cars when modded make power past the stock redline so unless you hold r2, it will shift before you get the full range of the motor.

I never drove a car so I wasn't used to it when I swapped from auto to manual. I began with it because of drifting where it's almost a must, now it became very easy for me and it's just intuition. I recently played split screen with someone but that messed my shifts up because apparently I listen when I shift. I did know that I would probably use that sound too but didn't know I would use it that much. Because I messed up alot in split screen lol, hearing 2 cars at once is pretty stupid:P

Back