Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone understood it like you from the start and we all stood back and took it with a grain of salt... we could have avoided this hype train wreck...

... buy your next tickets to the next hyper train...

1603.jpg
Ticket purchased. :lol:
Truth be told I do like going along for the ride, even if my ride is somewhat silent.
And again, you gotta love the fine details some members here dig out.

So even though I may not post my exaltation when it lands, or disappointment when it fades away, book me a seat.
:cheers:

Updates can be released at any time. It's not PD that makes them live, it's Sony, and only after they certify the update to go live.

Updates can be released at any time. It's not PD that makes them live, it's Sony, and only after they certify the update to go live.
you're telling me that Kaz could've sent the update in Feburary, but the plebs at Sony could've not seen it?

you're telling me that Kaz could've sent the update in Feburary, but the plebs at Sony could've not seen it?
Well no, that's definitely not possible. The developer sends the update to Sony. They give it a test to see if it does what it says it does, and if it does, they certify it and then it goes live for the public. If they find an issue with it, they let the developer know that something needs to be fixed. That being said, if issues do pop up that were unseen, PD can issue a hotfix for it (that's what most of you guys call ninja updates) without needing to go through Sony as long as they are only fixing the minor bugs as they are typically just server updates instead of full-on game data updates.

Considering that PD used 1.12 for a livestream event probably means that there isn't anything wrong with it and depending on when it was submitted, it could be up to a week before Sony certifies it. It'll probably be out any (week)day at this point. I can't think of a game that had an update release on the weekend due to Sony operating Monday-Friday.

Well no, that's definitely not possible. The developer sends the update to Sony. They give it a test to see if it does what it says it does, and if it does, they certify it and then it goes live for the public. If they find an issue with it, they let the developer know that something needs to be fixed. That being said, if issues do pop up that were unseen, PD can issue a hotfix for it (that's what most of you guys call ninja updates) without needing to go through Sony as long as they are only fixing the minor bugs as they are typically just server updates instead of full-on game data updates.

Considering that PD used 1.12 for a livestream event probably means that there isn't anything wrong with it and depending on when it was submitted, it could be up to a week before Sony certifies it. It'll probably be out any (week)day at this point. I can't think of a game that had an update release on the weekend due to Sony operating Monday-Friday.
Well that settles it ladies and gentlemen, we are blaming the wrong Asians

Here ya go pal, straight from Kaz's mouth.

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-track-vision-gt-x2014-discussed-at-taipei-game-show/

"Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife’s 26km of tarmac. As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."

And here too: https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-turismo-6-track-revealed-in-live-stream-event/
Wait, I remember that, and the other links are all the same source. Where is it directly attributed that Kaz said the track was coming February? Wasn't it cleared up months ago that it was Jordan acting in good faith on bad information?

EDIT:
Those quotes are all mine, and they're all correct; they don't come from Kazunori, but from the SCEA and PD representatives I spoke with when I hosted the round-table discussion on PlayStation's Twitch channel. Of course, plans must have clearly changed since that time.

If it's any consolation, I have spoken with SCEA and the update is coming, but exactly when that will be remains a mystery.

Damn revisionists. 👎

Probably Sony find something wrong during the certification. Or it just needs more time (maybe 1-2 days). Also, we're talking about a big update with many new features.

Last edited:
Well that settles it ladies and gentlemen, we are blaming the wrong Asians
I don't think I'd go that far with this... I'm not completely sure of the certification process but I believe it gets tested for each SCE region before getting certified.

I don't think I'd go that far with this... I'm not completely sure of the certification process but I believe it gets tested for each SCE region before getting certified.
I think so aswell but theoretically, we should be mad at Sony, not Kaz or Polyphony

Wait, I remember that, and the other links are all the same source. Where is it directly attributed that Kaz said the track was coming February? Wasn't it cleared up months ago that it was Jordan acting in good faith on bad information?

EDIT:

Damn revisionists. 👎

It reads a little weird, started off by saying Kaz was at the thing and then led directly to reports about the game. Reading it a second time, it probably didn't come directly from Kaz but SCEA/PD representatives should be just as reliable a source as "the great one".

How long did we wait for the Red Bull Ring to be released after it was first known? 1 day.

And how long is it taking us for this track to be released after it was first known? 7 months.

I'm extremely thankful for what PD have done for GT over the years but I have to question the work-rate they put in to provide exclusive content for us to enjoy. They need to get their act together.

What on earth makes you think you, or this website, can 'force' a game publisher to release a patch?
Frankly that's just blind ignorance.

And when September has passed, and you don't have a Toyota VGT, and a FT-1 Graphite available in your game, then you can complain.
Me? What? No. I refer to other member. I just sit here keeping PD's words, September.

It reads a little weird, started off by saying Kaz was at the thing and then led directly to reports about the game. Reading it a second time, it probably didn't come directly from Kaz but SCEA/PD representatives should be just as reliable a source as "the great one".
SCEA are not known for being reliable regarding GT6, though, are they? :P

Not necessarily. PD can use their updates on a devkit PS3, or PC spec'd to PS3, which I think they did for the livestream and wouldn't have needed certification for it.

Since PD still lacks communication, we don't know when they plan for the update to be released, so they may or may not have already submitted 1.12 for certification, and if they have, we don't know when they did so.

Again, I'm not sure which way to go but that's a fair comment. 👍

Apologies FrzGT, I must have mis-understood your point.
It's late and time for me to depart the scene.

And in that Hype train we have Wake me up when september ends by Green day for the back ground music.
Ticket purchased. :lol:
Truth be told I do like going along for the ride, even if my ride is somewhat silent.
And again, you gotta love the fine details some members here dig out.

So even though I may not post my exaltation when it lands, or disappointment when it fades away, book me a seat.
:cheers:

There's a very thin chance that it might get released tomorrow morning though, but Saturdays are often not working days for most companies.

Release date aside, has it been successfully mapped yet? OP hasn't been updated in a while and that new video must have provided a lot of extra info

PD need to be more efficient with their development anyway. The company is going on 4 console generations soon and this archaic, sluggish process needs to be overhauled if they want to continue being a powerhouse in the genre.

Remember that they will be working on the next Gran Turismo too, as well as the additional content for GT6 (which materialises as they see fit, admittedly not the regular flow of content Kaz had talked about).

So presumably there are many things in development which we simply don't know about. Although we can probably all agree a PR department is definitely not one of those things :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back