Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they all fell into a DeLorean, accidentally turned the time circuits on, and are now releasing it in an alternative 2014 timeline and don't know it.

Hey it's as plausible as them actually telling us straight out what's going on.

So yup, until the update is here or they tell us when or why not, that's what I'm now going to believe :sly:

Yeh, one VGT guaranteed, maybe 2 others.
At least another road car, plus who knows if anything extra.
The longest track in the game, which is completely new (possibly incorporating some course maker aspects) and introducing possible new race modes like overtake bonuses and time bonuses and clean driving bonuses.
Plus community features like adding the Quick Match function.

But other than that, they've completely forgotten about GT6 and are only working on GT7.
I say its worth waiting gt7 will blow everythn away

Maybe they all fell into a DeLorean, accidentally turned the time circuits on, and are now releasing it in an alternative 2014 timeline and don't know it.

Hey it's as plausible as them actually telling us straight out what's going on.

So yup, until the update is here or they tell us when or why not, that's what I'm now going to believe :sly:
Maybe Kaz is riding to work in this
image.jpg

I say its worth waiting gt7 will blow everythn away
Well sure, I'm keen to see what PD can do with GT7 on the PS4.
How it will stack up against the opposition I guess only time will tell.

Perhaps I got the wrong vibe from your last post, but I'm still keen to see what PD can do with GT6.
And I have a lot of faith that they are putting a serious amount of resources into the game.
I've no doubt everything will fall into place.
All features will be implemented.
For me it's just a matter of time.

Sadly I'm caught with a Logitech, so even though I have a PS4, wheel compatibility is a snag for me.
But if I feel my experience with DriveClub, or ProjectCars later is diminished due to no wheel, I'll still be more than happy flickin' the paddles on my G27 punting around GT6 tracks.

Last edited:
How do you manage to miss a targeted release of a single track by 7 months? Gross negligence, incompetence, both? This is unprofessional, and the lack of communication with their customers (we the fans), while not in the least bit surprising at this point, is not giving me any confidence that PD will be able to deliver going forward.

I drank the Kool-Aid and pre-ordered GT6. I will not pre-order GT7 and will likely wait at least a good 3-6 months to see how things go.

Out of touch with lost focus. This is one way an empire can fall.

How do you manage to miss a targeted release of a single track by 7 months? Gross negligence, incompetence, both? This is unprofessional, and the lack of communication with their customers (we the fans), while not in the least bit surprising at this point, is not giving me any confidence that PD will be able to deliver going forward.

I drank the Kool-Aid and pre-ordered GT6. I will not pre-order GT7 and will likely wait at least a good 3-6 months to see how things go.

It isn't Kaz's fault he was picked up in a Fiat Panda Limo

Is it confirmed that the logitich wheels wont work on ps4?
At this stage, yep. :(
I'm no techy, but my simple understanding is that it relates to USB peripherals and the security risk involved.
So to avoid possible hacking of the PS4 console, security chips for USB plug-ins are required.
Hence why some Thrustmaster wheels are approved (already have the security chip built in) and legacy wheels like older Logitechs aren't.
Happy to be corrected on that though as it's just my basic reasoning, and not neccessarily fact.

Who exactly 'missed' this targetted release?
I doubt you'll find anything from PD stating a February release.
So perhaps unless you can prove the above statement wrong, you are simply blaming the wrong party.

Who exactly 'missed' this targetted release?
I doubt you'll find anything from PD stating a February release.
So perhaps unless you can prove the above statement wrong, you are simply blaming the wrong party.

Here ya go pal, straight from Kaz's mouth.

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-track-vision-gt-x2014-discussed-at-taipei-game-show/

"Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife’s 26km of tarmac. As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."

And here too: https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-turismo-6-track-revealed-in-live-stream-event/

It really all comes down to poor communication. Now I'm not saying they don't release information but the way some information is leaked or handled is just poor. Zahara in February - Information leaked too early before any confirmation - not a single word said after that, Senna content-licencing issue prior to the release - No heads up about it until after the release date passes, Ninja updates - making changes to the physics and other things core to game - No information at all so people spend hours checking every single thing to see what they changed or added, Zahara September(6 months after February) - again information leaked from a livestream and on twitter - I can hear crickets...

https://www.gtplanet.net/new-track-vision-gt-x2014-discussed-at-taipei-game-show/

"Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife’s 26km of tarmac. As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."

And here too: https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-turismo-6-track-revealed-in-live-stream-event/
Thanks for the links.
Obviously some i have seen, but others were new.

Disregarding other people making the statement, I still fail to see where PD suggested the track will be in-game in February.
My understanding is that statement essentially came from a SCEA spokesman.

I'm not saying I know all circumstances, but I go from what I read, and from there take facts.
I'm more than happy to see where it was stated from PD though.

I never claim PD are perfect.
But the last thing I do, be it for PD or anyone else, is become emotive and start making assumptions and assigning blame without enough solid evidence.

A post on the official Nissan twitter and facebook pages and information from the Japanese live stream isn't exactly Sherlock Holmes work from forum members. PD would have been better to just let us know exactly what's happening on their site rather than letting unclear info leak out through different sites
That post from Nissan is very unpredictable. Maybe Sony knows something about that. We read that the NISMO GT-R is available and we cannot take it as the GT3 car, because we can see the new GT-R in the photo, so Nissan is clearly talking about the new GT-R. Also, I cannot believe that Nissan made a silly mistake like that because Kaz confirmed the car for GT6.

Yeh, one VGT guaranteed, maybe 2 others.
At least another road car, plus who knows if anything extra.
The longest track in the game, which is completely new (possibly incorporating some course maker aspects) and introducing possible new race modes like overtake bonuses and time bonuses and clean driving bonuses.
Plus community features like adding the Quick Match function.

But other than that, they've completely forgotten about GT6 and are only working on GT7.
...Or the next patch, or the Spec 2.

Take note that this is the exact same developer which we beg, moan, and force to release patch v1.12 on this week, which PD only mentioned September!

Such experience we have gained......

...Or the next patch, or the Spec 2.

Take note that this is the exact same developer which we beg, moan, and force to release patch v1.12 on this week, which PD only mentioned September!

Such experience we have gained......
What on earth makes you think you, or this website, can 'force' a game publisher to release a patch?
Frankly that's just blind ignorance.

And when September has passed, and you don't have a Toyota VGT, and a FT-1 Graphite available in your game, then you can complain.

Actually, PD have communicated.

They said :
"The Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo will be released as a download for Gran Turismo 6 in September, 2014."
and
"This car, named “Toyota FT-1 graphite”
in-game, is to be included in a free update planned for the PlayStation®3 exclusive title “Gran Turismo 6” in September 2014."

Anything other than that is pure speculation and assumption based off some sherlock holmes work from forum members.
So whether the sherlock holmes
investigations for September ultimately prove true or not, whether we get Zahara or not, whether we get the NISMO or not, whether we get Quick Match or not, pointing the finger and getting angry and blaming PD for apparently 'missing' any assumed/predicted/best-guessed time frame is moot.

If everyone understood it like you from the start and we all stood back and took it with a grain of salt... we could have avoided this hype train wreck...

... buy your next tickets to the next hyper train...

1603.jpg

Honest question here.... do they need to wait for PS Store to update if they decide to release the track and new cars that way? I realize the VGTs are a different story, but what if this round of updates are DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back