Mario Andretti`s 48` Hudson tomorrow, anyone excited?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPVenomZombie
  • 203 comments
  • 17,869 views
I am! Will have tons of fun with it using crap comfort tires jumping around willow springs terrain! :dopey:

I'm just praying that we can change its color. Then it'll be a blast, beater Hudson cup incoming!
 
Really hoping it's paintable and that you can buy dirt and snow tires.
 
I am! Will have tons of fun with it using crap comfort tires jumping around willow springs terrain! :dopey:

I'm just praying that we can change its color. Then it'll be a blast, beater Hudson cup incoming!
The Hudson in Blue... awww that would look awesome!
 
Nah. The ''First Love'' documentary was interesting, but the car itself not.

Well, Mario was talking about his ''First Love'', and as this was his first race car it's quite interesting how it all started for him and to drive his first race car is better rather than some production car.

The car may not win beauty contests, but it surely is something every car lover would love to drive in, admit it, or don't.


I rather drive a car in GT that actually has some history with it, it shows the passion for cars that Polyphony Digital has with cars.
 
My guess is they're going to pull another M4 and give it to you if you get bronze in a seasonal featuring the car.
Ha, let's hope so.
 
My guess is they're going to pull another M4 and give it to you if you get bronze in a seasonal featuring the car.

I think the same, but PD is full of surprises... and not all are good.
 
you'll be disappointed with the car sounds (that's if you care about it) the video i saw had music and so i couldn't hear the engine that good.
 
Just saw the vid, I presume the engine and exhausts note are going to be added in later?
 
I hope it can be painted and different numbers applied, from historical point of view it's pretty cool but realistically it's going to be slow and have no competition so it seems abit pointless :indiff:
 
I look forward to all new cars...should be fun. Like to see some Motegi races with it:idea:
 
I actually am because it looks like an interesting kind of car to have. Plus, it reminds me of the old Chevrolets that my idol, the legendary Juan Manuel Fangio, used to drive back in the day. Shoddy bodywork, hand-painted numbers and everything!
 
It's very cool... and something different to the current GT carset. I'm looking forward to it... would be nice to have something relevant to race it on like a small dirt oval or something like that, but either way it'll be fun.
 
I'll be using it from time-to-time in Nurburgring free runs, as that's mainly what I do on GT5 and GT6.
 
Not too excited for it, probably because I don't know a lot about Mr. Andretti
 
Not too excited for it, probably because I don't know a lot about Mr. Andretti

Well as a very brief overview, Mario went from building and driving this car in 1959, starting from nothing, to an IndyCar drive in 1964, to winning the 1967 Daytona 500, to taking pole position in his very first Grand Prix in 1968...

If there's a big international race you can think of, Mario's probably won it. Indy 500 1969, Daytona 500 1967, F1 World Champion 1978, IndyCar champion 1984, Pikes Peak 1969 (when it was part of the USAC Indycar championship), 24 Hours of Daytona 1972, 3x 12 Hours of Sebring.

He really is one of the all-time great drivers, of any discipline.
 
With all the fabulous vehicles Mario Andretti has driven in his career, they choose this one?

Marketing over content.
 
I'd much prefer a stock 1948 Commodore, but I'm glad we finally have Hudson in the series.
1948Hudson_1000.jpg
 
Not really, sure it's Mario Andretti's first race car, but it's far from exciting especially compared to other cars he's driven on his extensive, legendary resume..
 
Back