Mario Andretti`s 48` Hudson tomorrow, anyone excited?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPVenomZombie
  • 203 comments
  • 17,869 views
Not really. Already found my GT6 car. Honda HSV. In 5 it was the GTR R35.
 
Of course. Mario's the man. Tooling around in a recreation of a recreation of his first racing car would be a treat.
 
Not really. Already found my GT6 car. Honda HSV. In 5 it was the GTR R35.
Mine seems to be the new Viper GTS (which is hugely OOC for me). Doesn't mean I don't like to branch out, especially with historic racers. I've been having a blast with the new Sauber C9, actually.

Honestly, though, I'd rather see some old open-wheelers from the early days of F1, or some early Le Mans cars. Maybe even pre-war racers. Mario's old Hudson is definitely cool, but I don't have much desire to actually drive it.
 
This and I think it'd be cool if we had a "Base Model" version of this car.
Would also be cool to have Base Models for all cars (anyone notice they didn't make a R18 base model or NASCAR base models?)
 
Would also be cool to have Base Models for all cars (anyone notice they didn't make a R18 base model or NASCAR base models?)
What I wouldn't give for a NASCAR base model. Of all the cars they gave us, Juan Pablo Montoya's the only driver I like, mostly because of his history in F1. And his Target car is ugly as hell.
 
Would also be cool to have Base Models for all cars (anyone notice they didn't make a R18 base model or NASCAR base models?)

PD's thought process is very awkward when it comes to stuff like this. Why only give us the select few base models we have? Why not have a base model for every Premium race car? More than likely something to do with licenseing etc. Using a cars likeness in a modified form and all that crap. Crazy stuff.
 
Not for me in EU.
Just che checked about 1 hour ago...
 
I'm looking forward to driving it, but I'm sure it will sound terrible.

Still excited though.
 
way not yet
they said december 19

did we get redbulls insed of Andretti's '48?
 
I was moved after watching this 3 part video PD prepared about this car/event. this is why i keep finger crossed for PD and Kazunori, it seems that they dont lie. GT is done with a passion to motor sport.
 
eu61.png

It's here :)
You can add only supercharger and nitros on that. (It has fully tuned 208hp)
 
Last edited:
It's now available (US). Hudson dealer for $500,000.

There's also a seasonal hot lap at Willow Springs.
1:33 - Gold = $550,000
1:36 - Silver = $380,000
1:43 - Bronze = $110,000
 
Great!!

Just a whole day of work ahead of me :guilty:
 
Despite the fact I have massive respect for one Mr Mario Andretti, I'm not bothered about this new car. But that said it seems plenty of people are so why not add something a little bit different, sure as hell beats another Skyline ;)
 
Everybody! Don't waste 500,000 credits! You get it as a prize In the seasonal event. Get bronze and it's yours!
Yeah, M4 got me...wasn't going to let that happen again. :)
 
An extra car is always welcome. I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near as excited as I was for the M4 but a car is a car. Can't complain too much.
 
eu61.png

It's here :)
You can add only supercharger and nitros on that. (It has fully tuned 208hp)

I dont have it in the dealership?
way
 
Am I the only one who gets an error when trying to download the Hudson update?
 
Well, this was certainly overhyped.

But i understand the nostalgic sentiment.
 
Back