Mario Andretti`s 48` Hudson tomorrow, anyone excited?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPVenomZombie
  • 203 comments
  • 17,869 views
Worst DLC ever and there is no chance I'm buying anything as long as the game is broken.
 
i have to say no offence to mario i think he is one of the best of all time but apart from it being his first racing vehicle it has zero appeal to me if you were going to do a tribute to him car wise surely one of his ferrari's or lotus racing car i know its because he built it but come on PD!
 
it's free and i got it, and lot's of credits when you get gold!

Regardless, I'm not going to play the game until body rigidity is fixed.
 
So much hate for the '48 Hudson. Did you folks expect a 200MPH speed demon or something? It's Andretti's first-ever race car, so I think that's more than enough to warrant it a spot in GT6.
 
So much hate for the '48 Hudson. Did you folks expect a 200MPH speed demon or something? It's Andretti's first-ever race car, so I think that's more than enough to warrant it a spot in GT6.

I'm not hating it. I'm lovin' it! :D
 
I'm not hating it. I'm lovin' it! :D
Nah not you, but there are a few who must be used to the Bugatti going like 250MPH and expect those speeds from an old built-from-scrap '48 Hudson.
 
Do as you must, it doesn't effect others whom are enjoying this game regardless.

No, that would also be unfortunate. I really hope PD will release a mini-update before the holidays. I'm truly gutted that update 1.02 overlooked this major flaw.
 
i have to say no offence to mario i think he is one of the best of all time but apart from it being his first racing vehicle it has zero appeal to me if you were going to do a tribute to him car wise surely one of his ferrari's or lotus racing car i know its because he built it but come on PD!
Mabie it's the first of a few planned Mario race cars?
 
Nah not you, but there are a few who must be used to the Bugatti going like 250MPH and expect those speeds from an old built-from-scrap '48 Hudson.

... Until they try the Veyron in Super License. :lol:

This Hudson is one of those cars that we can a bond. With its handling and lack of probabilty to spin (due of its body and chassis) you can say that it's worth own one. 👍

Still waiting for the original Hudson Hornet... But still. :lol:
 
boy the lack of imagination and a sense of fun some people in this thread have is sad. I guess the only cars that matter are pointy 600hp monstrosities. :rolleyes: There's lots of space in GT's 1200 car list for a few oddities and historical gems like this. I love it and hope for more like it!
 
Not too excited for it, probably because I don't know a lot about Mr. Andretti

This is a troll post right?

You don't know who Mario Andretti is yet you are car enthusiast living on planet earth?
 
Not too excited for it, probably because I don't know a lot about Mr. Andretti

Your right. He hasn't done much at all.

Know anyone who's raced F1 in the 60's, 70's and 80's?

Anyone who's won the Formula 1 World Championship?

Indy 500 Winner? Daytona 500 winner?

Mario Andretti has done all the above.

He is a living legend.
 
he comes across as a pretty likeable guy in interviews as well. not the usual scripted PR bs so many spew. My favourite is still Jackie Stewart

TBH I don't care about this car. sure I will give it a spin, but hardly exciting

my 2 cents
 
You're right. He hasn't done much at all.

Know anyone who's raced F1 in the 60's, 70's and 80's?

Anyone who's won the Formula 1 World Championship?

Indy 500 Winner? Daytona 500 winner?

Mario Andretti has done all the above.

He is a living legend.

He said he doesn't know a lot about Mario. Not that he hasn't done a lot.
 
People are ignoring how little time it took PD to push out this car.
 
This is actually a pretty fun car, I like how rough it looks with the chained together doors and so on.

They also managed to make animations for a proper hand shifter, now everything (well everything but the sound) is in place to finally give me my Wartburg 353, I am waiting PD!

 
I'm really enjoying driving it , love the thing for it's basic simplicity , even took it to the Sunday Cup , Amateur Cup and the Novice Championship , was rather good fun winning races in it , way more fun than the RS Fit thing .

Also handles quite well off road .

I think PD have done a good job re-creating it and I really enjoyed the video stories that followed it .
 
If PD is charging 500,000 cr for it, they are missing the point. Mario probably didn't pay more than $100 for the car in '59. I bought a nice '61 Chevy two door in '68 for $90. Used cars used to be dirt cheap in the US. With it's U-channel bumpers and angle iron core support, he probably had a total of less than $200 in the whole car. That was the beauty of driving back then. If you wrap a car up, so what, go get a different one.
 
If PD is charging 500,000 cr for it, they are missing the point. Mario probably didn't pay more than $100 for the car in '59. I bought a nice '61 Chevy two door in '68 for $90. Used cars used to be dirt cheap in the US. With it's U-channel bumpers and angle iron core support, he probably had a total of less than $200 in the whole car. That was the beauty of driving back then. If you wrap a car up, so what, go get a different one.
If it (The original) were around today however, how much would it be worth, being Mario Andretti's first race car?
 
I should be home in about half an hour, can't wait to try it out.
 
Not really what I was expecting, but it's ok I guess...
 
Can't wait to drive it. Damn... some more hours of work.
 
Back