Master List of Cars With Incorrect Specifications

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 211 comments
In order to have all of this in one place (rather than multiple topics about it), and so it can easily be found in the future, here is the thread I promised for compiling car statistics by PD that are incorrect. Any new info will be edited with a link in the OP grouped with similar vehicles (for example, cars with weight discrepancies will be grouped together, cars with power discrepancies will be grouped together, cars improperly localized will be grouped together, and etc.).

My hope is not only for this to lower clutter on the GT5 forum, but hopefully also get all of this information in one place so there is a better chance of it being noticed and corrected (as PD have recently been fixing a few cars with recent patches, such as the Mercedes CLK-LM and Audi R10).
Fours notes:
  • Because of the way GT5 handles power with oil changes and whatnot, please try to compare power numbers as reasonably close to stock as possible. For example, if the car is new, compare the numbers of the car as it appears in the garage when you buy it, before you do an oil change. If the car is used, perform an oil change but do not rebuild the engine. For this reason, only substantial differences will be recorded on the list.
  • Please present each inaccuracy in game with a reputable source regarding what the weight should be. Wikipedia is not a valid source. MSN Autos is a good source, with information for cars going back to 1985, but only for American cars. Manufacturers websites are also good sources, but make sure you get the correct weight number. The best source would be if you have an owner's manual for the cars in question.
    To help people understand who enter the thread, please post the relative garage data link on MyGranTurismo.net as well.
  • JDM cars are iffy because of how many of them violated the Gentlemen's Agreement. If you think a JDM car in the game has incorrect specifications, please provide a link that absolutely proves you are correct.
  • Some cars are very obviously incorrect (like the Volvo 240GLT), but directly comparable statistics are hard to come by. In an example like that, just post the statistics of the closest possible model for comparison. If you can't do that, post the specs for the car in GT5, and then post a sentence or so explaining why they are incorrect. Please do example #2 and #3 only if the information in game is obviously false.
Code:
[SIZE="4"]Example of Proper Structure:[/SIZE]
[B][URL="http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=392"]Car: 2000 USDM Lexus GS300[/URL][/B]

[B]GT5 Specifications[/B]
Weight: 1680kg
Power: 295HP
Torque: 358lb.ft.

[B]Real Life Specifications[/B]
Weight: 1654kg
Power: 220HP
Torque: 220lb.ft.

[URL="http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2000&make=Lexus&model=GS%20300/400&trimid=92014"]Linky[/URL]. (Direct Comparison)

[SIZE="4"]Example of Estimation:[/SIZE]
[B][URL="http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=1029"]Car: 1988 Volvo 240GLT[/URL][/B]

Weight: 1890kg
Power: 131HP
Torque: 145lb.ft.

[B]Real Life Specifications (USDM 1988 Volvo 240 DL Wagon)[/B]
Weight: 1385kg
Power: 114HP
Torque: 145lb.ft.

[URL="http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=1988&make=Volvo&model=240%20Wagon"]Linky[/URL]. (Estimation)

[SIZE="4"]Example of car with Incorrect Spec Where Proper Specs Can't be Found:[/SIZE]
[b][URL="http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=845"]Car: Shelby Series One Supercharged[/URL][/b]

Weight: 1202kg
Power: 320HP
Torque: 295lb.ft.

Reason Specs Are Incorrect: Specifications used are of NA Shelby Series One rather than those of the supercharged model.

Make sure you note if your post is an estimation or direct comparison. If you need to convert units, here is a very useful tool for doing so. To convert Pounds to KG you simply divide by 2.2.

List of Cars with Incorrect Weight:
List of Cars with Incorrect Power:

List of Cars Improperly Localized:
List of Cars with Incorrect Name:
List of Cars Improperly Modeled Transmissions:

List of Cars with Misc. Problems:

Last edited:
Car: 2000 USDM Lexus GS300

GT5 Specifications
Power: 295 HP
Torque: 358 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1654kg
Power: 220 HP
Torque: 220 lb.ft.

Linky. (Direct Comparison)

Car: 1989 USDM Nissan 300ZX

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1510kg
Power: 281 HP
Torque: 291 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1552kg
Power: 300 HP
Torque: 307 lb.ft.

Car: 1988 Volvo 240GLT

GT5 Specifications
Power: 131 HP
Torque: 145 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications (USDM 1988 Volvo 240 DL Wagon)
Weight: 1385kg
Power: 114 HP
Torque: 145 lb.ft.

Linky. (Estimation)

Car: Shelby Series One Supercharged

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1202kg
Power: 320 HP
Torque: 295 lb.ft.

Reason Specs Are Incorrect: Specifications used are of NA Shelby Series One rather than those of the supercharged model.

Last edited:
I might as well put those 240 specs right for good, MSN Autos still has every value more or less wrong. Sources used? The registration document and owner's manual of my own 240GL '92.

Car: Volvo 240GLT '88.

GT5 Specifications
Engine displacement: 2300cc
Power: 131HP @ 6000rpm
Torque: 145lb/ft @ 3000rpm

Real Life Specifications (European spec 1992 Volvo 240 GL Estate)
Weight: 1340kg
Engine displacement: 2316cc
Power: 116HP @ 5400rpm
Torque: 136lb/ft @ 2700rpm

For more explanation, virtually the only difference between a GL and a GLT is the suspension - the GLT uses the same as the former Turbo versions. All the specs between them are the exact same on these late production models.

1996 USDM Nissan 240SX

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1250kg
Power: 221 HP
Torque: 205 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1252kg
Power: 155 HP
Torque: 156 lb.ft.

I might as well put those 240 specs right for good, MSN Autos still has every value more or less wrong. Sources used? The registration document and owner's manual of my own 240GL '92.

For more explanation, virtually the only difference between a GL and a GLT is the suspension - the GLT uses the same as the former Turbo versions. All the specs between them are the exact same on these late production models.
Any chance we could get a picture (of the latter, obviously), for legitimacy's sake?

Pictures of my car? Sure. Here's the car and here's the proof - I believe a shot of a matching wheel with the keys for the car and a name tag does it. Unless you meant something else by "the latter" but I can't figure out what that would be.

You're correct. PD apparently noted the dry weight down as the curb weight. They did the same with the Miura it seems.

1967 Lamborghini Miura P400

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 980kg
Power: 357 HP
Torque: 275 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1293kg
Power: 350 HP
Torque: 271 lb.ft.

1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1065kg
Power: 382 HP
Torque: 267 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1301kg
Power: 375 HP
Torque: 268 lb.ft.

The 25th Anniversary model looks accurate, though.

Unless you meant something else by "the latter" but I can't figure out what that would be.
I just meant a picture of the page in the owner's manual, or the plate on the door jam.

Lister Storm is off in weight. HP seems close and torque is spot on.

GT5 - 1438 kilo

Real Car - 1100 kilo

Multiple sources including lister

Why is the Delorean listed as model year '04? Shouldn't that be fixed? I could be wrong, but I don't remember any deloreans sold new in 2004 :sly:

Also the Daihatsu Cuore also has an 847cc engine rather then 660cc for what is worth.

Why is the Delorean listed as model year '04? Shouldn't that be fixed? I could be wrong, but I don't remember any deloreans sold new in 2004 :sly:

The '04 model are specifications for a retuned version of the car offered by the DeLorean company that is responsible for upkeep and parts for the original models.

1996 USDM Nissan 240SX

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1250kg
Power: 221 HP

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1252kg
Power: 155 HP
Torque: 156 lb.ft.

Breakdown:
JDM "Silvia" 240sx = SR20DE, 2.0 litre DOHC inline 4 cylinder
USDM 240sx = KA24DE, 2.4 liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4 cylinder

PD was too lazy to get a USDM KA24DE to get sounds and specs from.

Every USDM 240sx in this game has the SR20DE, which is the engine JDM models come with. (You may as well list every USDM 240sx in the game, because not one of them has the right engine)

This really ticked me off because my real car has the KA24DE, and I wanted to experience the sounds and performance of my engine in the game. But I guess PD, like everyone else, thinks the SR20 is better... :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-LFECM-OH0

^^ KA POWER! 7 second 1/4 mile, 1000+ hp.

PD Give us the KA24DE!! I really wonder what they were thinking. The KA24 is a hell of an engine. Why they want to blatantly put the JDM engine in the USDM spec 240's, I don't know.

/fail

Oh, and another note.
155hp, 156lb/ft is spot on for the KA24DE.

However, PD's specs for the SR20DE are way off. The stock SR20DE only makes 135hp. Why PD thinks it makes 221, I don't know. Unless it's the SR20DET, but I doubt it.
Seems like PD has their own case of SR20 fanboy-ism.

Last edited:
Hm, I'm not sure about the implementation into this thread, but back in the late 60's and early 70's it was common for American manufacturers to intentionally underrate the amount of power their cars were producing to get around Health and Safety concerns in insurance, and everyone knew that the car makers were doing it. The 1969 Boss 429 Mustang (8.0 liter engine) was rated at 350hp. The real car produced well over 500bhp. Is PD using the underrated numbers as their official performance numbers for the 60's/70's muscle cars in game? I noticed that the 1969 Camaro Z/28 only produced 300 horsepower...

Spyker C8 Laviolette has a pretty big problem. Game lists it as FR (the oil change guy even goes under the front), but it is MR in real-life.

Breakdown:
JDM "Silvia" 240sx = SR20DE, 2.0 litre DOHC inline 4 cylinder
USDM 240sx = KA24DE, 2.4 liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4 cylinder

PD was too lazy to get a USDM KA24DE to get sounds and specs from.

Every USDM 240sx in this game has the SR20DE, which is the engine JDM models come with. (You may as well list every USDM 240sx in the game, because not one of them has the right engine)

This really ticked me off because my real car has the KA24DE, and I wanted to experience the sounds and performance of my engine in the game. But I guess PD, like everyone else, thinks the SR20 is better... :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-LFECM-OH0

^^ KA POWER! 7 second 1/4 mile, 1000+ hp.

PD Give us the KA24DE!! I really wonder what they were thinking. The KA24 is a hell of an engine. Why they want to blatantly put the JDM engine in the USDM spec 240's, I don't know.

/fail

Oh, and another note.
155hp, 156lb/ft is spot on for the KA24DE.

However, PD's specs for the SR20DE are way off. The stock SR20DE only makes 135hp. Why PD thinks it makes 221, I don't know. Unless it's the SR20DET, but I doubt it.
Seems like PD has their own case of SR20 fanboy-ism.

I think the KA24 is great for small pick ups, drag cars, and forklifts. For a sports car...not so sure. It's big, heavy, relatively low revving, rough, and doesn't have very good response in stock form. I don't really like the SR20 either. I don't like turbos. I'll take my 240SX with a VH45DE thank you very much. Oh and a side of ITB's as well. If that doesn't work, a 20B always will :)

Car: 2002 Mazda Protege

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1170kg
Power: 166 HP
Torque: 128 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications (Protege / Protege MP3)
Weight: 1170 - 1235kg
Power: 130 - 140 HP*
Torque: 135 - 142 lb.ft.

Link. (Direct Comparison)

Improperly localized. The Mazda Protege 02 is merely a LHD port of the Mazda Familia 02. Unfortunately, no Protege/Familia outside of Japan was ever offered with the 166 hp engine, or with the 4-speed automatic mated to a limited slip differential.

The LSD was only available (on sporting models) for the US Mazdaspeed Protege, which had a 170 hp turbocharged engine mated to the 5-speed with a Tochigi Fuji LSD. The nearest analogue for the GT5 Protege in real life would be the US MP3, which had 140 hp, weight 1235kg (with subwoofer installed) and only came with an open-differential 5-speed. This was only available as a 2001 model, though.

Car: Ferrari Enzo

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1255kg

Real Life Specifications
Weight 1365kg

Notes: GT5 used the dry weight.
-http://www.rsportscars.com/ferrari/2002-ferrari-enzo/
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Ferrari_(automobile)#Specifications

I think the KA24 is great for small pick ups, drag cars, and forklifts. For a sports car...not so sure. It's big, heavy, relatively low revving, rough, and doesn't have very good response in stock form. I don't really like the SR20 either. I don't like turbos. I'll take my 240SX with a VH45DE thank you very much. Oh and a side of ITB's as well. If that doesn't work, a 20B always will :)

I think it's great.

I don't think 6500 RPMs is "low revving"

Rough, because the motor mounts aren't the best, and it's not balanced.

Big, yes. 2.4 liters of power. I'm not a fan of small engines.

Heavy, yes. But it can take a hell of a beating, and a hell of a turbo boost.

Stock response; 156 lb/ft at 4400rpm, 155hp at 5500.

I'd say it responds plenty. The torque is relatively high all through out the power curve, so don't let the 4400rpm peak fool you.

Thanks for the new examples, everyone.

2002 Ferrari Enzo

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1255kg
Power: 670 HP
Torque: 493 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1365kg
Power: 660 HP
Torque: 485 lb.ft.

Weighs less than real life. PD took dry weight instead of curb weight.

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1610kg
Power: 226 HP

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1523kg
Power: 222 HP
Torque: 217 lb.ft.

Improperly Localized. 3000GT SL was a FWD car. Car in game has stats and drivetrain of Japan-only GTO SR.

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1610kg

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1513kg
Power: 218 HP

Improperly Localized. 3000GT SL was a FWD car. Car in game has stats and drivetrain of Japan-only GTO SR.

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1600kg

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1483kg
Power: 218 HP

Car: 1991 Lexus GS300

GT5 Specifications
Power: 281 HP
Torque: 323 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1663kg
Power: 220 HP
Torque: 220 lb.ft.

Linky. (Closest Comparison Possible)

Improperly Localized. Lexus GS300 never available with 2JZ-GTE engine from Mark IV Supra. Only JDM market Aristo 3.0V came with turbochaged 2JZ motor. It also didn't come out until 1993.

Car: 1999 Lister Storm GT

GT5 Specifications
Weight: 1438kg
Power: 604 HP
Torque: 589 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1100kg
Power: 610 HP
Torque: 580 lb.ft.

Linky and Linky. (Direct Comparison)

Weighs considerably more than in real life, and I have no idea where PD got that number from.

Last edited:
Sort of on topic, but i'm positive no American muscle car was 4th gear limited to 120mph back in the day (I think some of those actually had 3 speed autos as well). In fact, many of those cars came with 150mph speedometers. I think it's a load of crap you have to buy full transmissions for those things just to make them compete correctly. Takes all the fun out of wanting to drive them stock.

I'm pretty sure all the weights listed for the 3000GT cars on MSN autos are wrong.
They seem fine to me. I've seen similar numbers corroborated elsewhere, and they seem well in line when the specs of the SR are taken into account.

My point with listing the 3000GT models was more about highlighting how they had the incorrect drivetrain than anything else, though.

I don't think the Muira should count 'cause the one in the game is the one of a kind Bertone Prototype. Sure the production Muiras were based off of it, but I doubt the prototype in the game and production versions had the same specs. But, to know for sure, you'd have to get your hands on the prototype, and there's only one of those. Also, who knows how much the car has changed since it was first made.

Also, the specs in the game are generally dependant on what car PD used to model off of. I mean, a car from a collector or a car off the street are probably going to have different specs than their stock, off the lot counterparts.

I don't think the Muira should count 'cause the one in the game is the one of a kind Bertone Prototype. Sure the production Muiras were based off of it, but I doubt the prototype in the game and production versions had the same specs.
Bertone Miura prototype has a stated weight in game of 980kg, which is supposed to represent curb weight. 1967 production Miura has a dry weight of 980kg. I find such a coincidence far too large to assume the 400lb+ weight difference occurred as the car finished development, particularly when the car in the is a relatively late-in-development model anyways. And I simply find it far more likely that they instead accidentally recorded the dry weight. Particularly when there are other cars in the game where they did the same thing.

Basically, maybe the Miura Bertone concept didn't weigh 1292kg. But it definitely didn't weight 980kg.

Also, the specs in the game are generally dependant on what car PD used to model off of. I mean, a car from a collector or a car off the street are probably going to have different specs than their stock, off the lot counterparts.
Which is why in regards to listing differences I'm only doing so for examples where PD obviously made a mistake and making sure to record sources. No Volvo 240 ever weighed nearly 4200 pounds, for example. No Lexus GS300 ever came from the factory with a pair of turbochargers installed.

I also highly doubt that PD are the ones taking these measurements themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know where the extra weight to the Volvo came from. It doesn't drive like a two ton car. Maybe the car PD used has a load of bricks in the back or something. And it could be the Lexus used was slightly modified from it's stock form.

Also, look at the difference between the Citroen GT concept vs. Production. The concept has a hydrogen electric motor and the production version has a V8. The two cars would have completely different weights and power outputs. Likewise, the weight of the Bertone Prototype would come down to what the engine was made of. If, say, the prototype had an all aluminium engine block, but the production had a steel engine block, then there would be a massive weight difference.

The Lamborghini V12 was always an aluminum block with aluminum heads, and 0706 was the second Miura prototype (after 0862) to use the thicker steel in the chassis and the longer wheelbase. The only real difference between the prototype and the original production car was that the production car had a roof line that was raised by 1cm.

Back