May Update

• Thread starter eugene1
  • 478 comments
I would much rather see some proper hot hatches in the game, Renault 5 Turbo, 205 GTI, Golf G60, Civic EK9 etc.
I wouldn't mind the i30 N to be honest, it's probably the only modern FWD hot hatch I'd buy, together with the Civic Type R FK2-9.

So the Super GT cars, The Aston Martin DB11 and the Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept weren't new?
5 cars out of all of the ones given so far doesn't really discredit my point. Tell me, how many cars of the 9 teased are new to the series?

5 cars out of all of the ones given so far doesn't really discredit my point. Tell me, how many cars of the 9 teased are new to the series?
PDI would tell you, they're all "new" to the GT Sport series. Available for the very first time, in GRAN TURISMO Sport. :P:sly:

I would much rather see some proper hot hatches in the game, Renault 5 Turbo, 205 GTI, Golf G60, Civic EK9 etc.
Nice taste 👍

can-you-name-all-of-these-1980s-hot-hatches-5365_14570_969X727.jpg

One thing about the Renault's, I remember being told PD must have modelled the Panterais because of the Suggestion Votes in this forum.
I don't see current day Renaults anywhere near the top. Only French car majority votes, are the Clio Williams and Peugeot PP.

Maybe Renault just want their cars in GT. That's fine. I used to own a Megane RS. Thing is, I can't see PD offering two Renaults for this update.
Maybe it's Renault's turn after Nissan's..

And yet the majority are still old so...

ANNNND? Did I say they weren't?

Point I'm making is they HAVE been giving us cars new to the series contrary to this seemingly grumbling post you made about how they should "Start from Scratch and give us something new" when that's exactly what they have done. Maybe not to the extent you would've liked (which is missing from said post), but they are.

Tell me, how many cars of the 9 teased are new to the series?

That bottom left one is looking to be the one new car (Still debatable on which one it is) out of this pack.

Just a side track.
If the update is released on "Friday"
Will that be considered a "June" update?
As then there will be no May update?

Just a side track.
If the update is released on "Friday"
Will that be considered a "June" update?
As then there will be no May update?

We only know "next week". My guess is it will come with the maintenance period on Wednesday morning (30 may) or on Thursday morning (31 may) as the May update.

We know they said they are making announcement about FIA on 1 June - I don't think both will happen at same time as they would swamp each other potentially, so I think they will be done separately to get maximum publicity. They also may not have any interrelation to each other, but i wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was a new track in the May update which was then announced the following day to be the next event in the FIA series. Something like "We released Le Mans track yesterday. The next FIA event will be live at the Le Mans 24 hour in June..."?

We only know "next week". My guess is it will come with the maintenance period on Wednesday morning (30 may) or on Thursday morning (31 may) as the May update.

We know they said they are making announcement about FIA on 1 June - I don't think both will happen at same time as they would swamp each other potentially, so I think they will be done separately to get maximum publicity. They also may not have any interrelation to each other, but i wouldn't be entirely surprised if there was a new track in the May update which was then announced the following day to be the next event in the FIA series. Something like "We released Le Mans track yesterday. The next FIA event will be live at the Le Mans 24 hour in June..."?

Seems like a sound idea. Release update with new content and new track one day, announce the next World Tour event (at a certain event in France) the next. Then take over the world and..wait, that's the Disney Strategy, nevermind.

They released the teaser a bit earlier this time usually on a Saturday? So I reckon Wednesday is most likely, but historically they’ve been on the last working day of the month?

Seriously, why is PD so awful at catering to enthusiast tastes? They have a lust for oddball cars but completely miss the mark on new sports cars or classics that should be there...

Where's the 720S?
Where's the 570s?
Where's the Giulia QF?
Where's the M2 Competition?
Where's the F90 M5?
Where's the 930 911 Turbo?
Where's the 964 911 Turbo?
Where's the 718 Cayman S?
Where's the 997.2 911?
Where's the Camaro ZL1 1LE?
Where's the Camaro SS 1LE?
Where's the Cadillac ATS-V?
Where's the new E63?
Where's the Pagani Zonda?
Where's the Corvette ZR-1?
Where's the new Ford GT?
Why is there still no proper GT350?
Where's the 488?

Would rather have any of these rather than regurgitated GT6 copies. When will PD pull their heads out of their own rear ends??

End rant.

If you had that discussion before, why you keep spamming the same thing over and over again? Peculiar... Take off your blinders ^^. This game needs variety not same cars with different badges.

Btw if you are actually a car guy, you should be pleased as they are bringing a car (I'm pretty sure that it's not a Stinger GT though) which is somehow designed to be fast in it's class no matter what badge it has on the hood.The way you are talking smells like being a hateboy.(Yeah couldnt find a word for the opposite of fanboy.)

Not spamming, I’ve had this discussion once before, where I stated that I didn’t want to see PDs finite resources wasted on bringing a Kia Stinger to the game when they could be using those same resources to bring something we all want to the game. No need to jump on my back for offering an opinion.

Yes that EK9 would be nice, but I doubt that we will get it :(

Hitting on Hyundai is like when people in the UK would crap on Skoda in the 90's. Nowadays Skoda are a brand known for bring out fairly good cars. The Yeti, Superb, Fabia and Kodiaq. Albeit similar to the other manufacturers in VW group.
Škoda is basically a VW.

One thing about the Renault's, I remember being told PD must have modelled the Panterais because of the Suggestion Votes in this forum.
I don't see current day Renaults anywhere near the top. Only French car majority votes, are the Clio Williams and Peugeot PP.

Maybe Renault just want their cars in GT. That's fine. I used to own a Megane RS. Thing is, I can't see PD offering two Renaults for this update.
Yeah, I don't get why are we getting 2 Renaults in one update, when we could get far more better cars.. Don't get me wrong I like that we are getting free cars but this is just weird.

Seriously, why is PD so awful at catering to enthusiast tastes? They have a lust for oddball cars but completely miss the mark on new sports cars or classics that should be there...

Where's the 720S?
Where's the 570s?
Where's the Giulia QF?
Where's the F90 M5?
Where's the 997.2 911?
Where's the new E63?
Where's the new Ford GT?
Where's the 488?

Would rather have any of these rather than regurgitated GT6 copies. When will PD pull their heads out of their own rear ends??

End rant.
Agree

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope those GT5/6 prices for the Group C cars, don't translate over to GTS. That would mean more grinding... double time.

Why you have an important date or someting? Do you have something else that is more important than playing GT Sport? Did you not read the game policy for GT Sport? These are the things you can't do while owning GT Sport:

- No Dating

- No Sleeping

- No Wife

- No Kids

- No Pets

- No Friends

- No Girlfriend

- No Boyfriend

- No Eating

- No Bathroom Break

- No Phone

- No Watching TV

- No Contact To The Outside World

- No Drinking

So yeah, you have all the time in the world to grind my friend.

:lol:

Where's the 720S?
Where's the 570s?
Where's the Giulia QF?
Where's the F90 M5?
Where's the 997.2 911?
Where's the new E63?
Where's the new Ford GT?
Where's the 488?

End rant.
Behold, the world's only car enthusiast.

Talking up the Kia... guess what I've been seeing today? Yep, Stinger GTs in my area. One on my way to the shops. The other on my way to a field hockey game.

I miss so many of these mullet trash sportscars it's insane.

Sounds like withdrawals. :lol:
I need that fix, too, often.

I have said in the past that if PD were to include what everyone wanted the game would be so massive you’d need your own servers to store the data!

Fingers crossed. It's not so much that we can't develop the tech . . . there's that much more at stake for those in control of that situation than making our wishes come true in this lifetime.

Seems like a sound idea. Release update with new content and new track one day, announce the next World Tour event (at a certain event in France) the next. Then take over the world and..wait, that's the Disney Strategy, nevermind.
Agree with this. Makes perfect sense for Le Mans to be featured next. Looking at KudosPrime, after the USA, UK and Germany, France feature as the fourth most popular country for fans of GTS. If I was French I’d feel a tad bit miffed if my country wasn’t represented in circuit form, especially given the pedigree of a track like Le Sarthe. Question is, what would provide better races; Le Sarthe, Magnus Cours or Paul Ricard?

Interesting enough, Spain being the 6th most popular country is yet to be represented. Past games have featured Ascari and the Madrid street course but never the Catalonia circuit. I want to say I’ve read something on this very site that alludes to a possible inclusion in the near future? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Also obligatory Spa want. Naturally to keep Belgium happy of course (and myself more importantly ha).

Still amazes me Brands Hatch made the cut over Silverstone. Not that I have any complaints. That track is hallowed ground.

With the current logic I can’t see them adding Le Mans, it makes sense yes but just when we had the GR2 cars they added Tsukuba, which isn’t even close to making sense.

As for Catalunya I think I remember reading they were planning an event here to conincide with a race, much like the Nürburgring event.

Still hoping for spa or Silverstone myself

Back