May Update

• Thread starter eugene1
  • 478 comments
Are we even getting one? Surely we are, we're out of the 50 cars promise so could get more than 12 this time specially as it feels ages since we got 12

Read somewhere a new track/location will come too

Thoughts?

The likelihood we still get monthly updates is still high considering the first official FiA season hasn't gotten underway yet. I think April was a special case because PD wanted to show off the two VGTs and have them be the center of attention. With no more VGTs being announced at this time, it is possible monthly updates will continue.

Hopefully there will be a greater composition of new content compared to rehashed cars from GT6. I am more interested to see what tracks. (I wouldn't mind as much if the tracks are rehashed, although it would be nice to some which are new to the franchise).

I'm wondering if they will announce a new plan when they announce the first FiA season? Maybe similar to the 50 cars by March promise?

Everything I just said is from personal thoughts. So far we have no reason to think there will be a May update.

Discussed here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...port-has-been-rather-excellent-however.378274

You generally have to not expect an update. That way if there is an update yoy will be mildly/very thrilled insteas of feeling disappoinment.

While this is true, how sad is it for PD that their fan-base has come to expect them to under-deliver or not deliver at all? When it comes to community policy, I'm against extremes: you don't need to be completely open about every single thing that's going on, in your studio, but you shouldn't become quiet like a tomb for ages, at a time, like PD has done in the past and, hopefully, won't start doing again now.

What we need is a direct conduit to PD. Something like....... well Kaz himself dropping by, answering questions and even giving updates. We could call it "Ask Kaz"............

OH! Hang on, we already tried this and it was a total failure because no one from PD ever bothered to show up ;-)

So yes, it is tragic that the fan base is accustomed to PD over promising and under delivering but hey, we all went out and bought another game by these guys didn't we ;-) And further to this, it is nice to not have to stick my hand in my wallet every time new stuff is released so I for one and more than happy to wait.

My dream game would be: graphics and online from GT Sport, cars and tracks from PCARS 2, the physics of Assetto Corsa and the budget of Call of Duty with free updates and content the first of every month :-)

While this is true, how sad is it for PD that their fan-base has come to expect them to under-deliver or not deliver at all? When it comes to community policy, I'm against extremes: you don't need to be completely open about every single thing that's going on, in your studio, but you shouldn't become quiet like a tomb for ages, at a time, like PD has done in the past and, hopefully, won't start doing again now.
I'd be happy if they could tell us something about rain: is it coming soon(ish) or is it still months away? Other than that, I'd welcome new cars & tracks like everyone else, even if my virtual bank account will surely suffer.

I'd be happy if they could tell us something about rain: is it coming soon(ish) or is it still months away? Other than that, I'd welcome new cars & tracks like everyone else, even if my virtual bank account will surely suffer.

I just want a heads up that gives a general idea of what their plans are, nothing specific. I don't mind if they start rolling out the paid DLC. I'm prepared for it and, to be honest, I am surprised it hasn't started already.

I just want a heads up that gives a general idea of what their plans are, nothing specific. I don't mind if they start rolling out the paid DLC. I'm prepared for it and, to be honest, I am surprised it hasn't started already.
Maybe they don't announce paid DLC because they don't have much cars and tracks to release even with free update i doubt that we will see paid DLC.

Since Kazunori was quite about La Sarthe I really believe we're getting it at the end of May because Le Mans starts at June.
So May(be) we get Sarthe with some legends too.

Let me dream until the end:
  • Mazda 787B
  • Nissan R92CP
  • Nissan R89C
  • Mercedes Sauber C9
  • Toyota Minolta
  • Bentley Speed 8
  • Toyota GT-ONE
  • Audi R8 race car
  • Jaguar XJR9
And also:
Mclaren F1 GTR
Ford GT LM Race Car
Mercedes CLK GTR
Jaguar XJ220

Then we go to the complete dream with:
Zondas
Koenigegg Regera
Koenigegg ONE:1
Saleen S7
Mclaren SLR
Mclaren P1 (P1 GTR too)
Jaguar CX75
Ferrari FXX, FXX K and FXX K Evo

I know none of them will make it in GT Sport but let me dream!:(:bowdown::guilty::nervous:

Last edited:
Since Kazunori was quite about La Sarthe I really believe we're getting it at the end if May because Le Mans starts at June.
So May(be) we get Sarthe with some legends too.

Let me dream until the end:
  • Mazda 787B
  • Nissan R92CP
  • Nissan R89C
  • Mercedes Sauber C9
  • Toyota Minolta
  • Bentley Speed 8
  • Toyota GT-ONE
  • Audi R8 race car
  • Jaguar XJR9
And also:
Mclaren F1 GTR
Ford GT LM Race Car
Mercedes CLK GTR
Jaguar XJ220

Then we go to the complete dream with:
Zondas
Koenigegg Regera
Koenigegg ONE:1
Saleen S7
Mclaren SLR
Mclaren P1 (P1 GTR too)
Jaguar CX75
Ferrari FXX, FXX K and FXX K Evo

I know none of them will make it in GT Sport but let me dream!:(:bowdown::guilty::nervous:

PD would be saying we love your dream but all those cars would be better if we replace them with VGT's.

Perhaps you're projecting a bit here.

They promised monthly updates until a point and delivered them until that point.

No projection whatsoever. I don't feel you say I'm projecting, on the contrary. I expect PD to deliver because they're a company with the resources and skills to deliver quality, I'm the opposite of the people I'm pointing out. There's a number of people in the GT community, however, that seem to have resigned themselves to being drip-fed content and information. They've gotten so used to PD's practices that they don't even bother criticizing them anymore, it's just more of the same. This sort of apathy towards PD's shortcoming gives an already powerful company, even more power because they see their consumers don't seem to mind.

Yes, they delivered their updates until March. They also said the updates would continue, with more cars and tracks to be added. So it's not unreasonable to expect things to continue like they were, until further notice, is it?

A new content roadmap (even if generic like "between X and Y") would be great, so we could know when to expect new cars and tracks (as Yamauchi confirmed here). Same for features like rain (snow?) or the ticket system discovered a few weeks ago. As you said, just a general idea, but a bit more specific than "It's coming".

Being totally realistic (or pessimistic, as it would be great if I'm wrong), I'm not expecting 12 car DLC packs for free anymore. PD already fulfilled their promise of 50 cars by March, and I see no reason they, as a company, would continue to give us free content when pretty much no other game developer does these days.

I would not mind paying if the DLCs are fair priced and feature cars that are new to the franchise. Maybe they could still release cars that appeared on previous GT titles, along with the remaining VGTs for free, that would be nice.

I still believe all future tracks to be added to the game should always be free. No reason to segregate people from races in Sport mode because they don't own the track featured in their favorite category.

Back