McLaren Speedtail Hits 250mph With Ease During Cape Canaveral Test Sessions

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 278 comments
I think this is going into top tier that the P1 was built into. I’m expecting this to have all new body work and share very little with the 720S once it’s finished.

We’re likely still a couple years out, though based on an insider who said the Valkyrie engine is still under heavy development & this being its competitor.

I think this is going into top tier that the P1 was built into. I’m expecting this to have all new body work and share very little with the 720S once it’s finished.

The P1 was basically an MP4 variant underneath the crazy bodywork iirc.

This whole season of car unveilings seems like a very good way to materialize that meme where it says, "There was a point where we should've stopped and we have clearly passed it - but let's keep going and see what happens!" I think it had a character from Gundam 00 in it.

Aka a competitor for the Aston valkyrie and AMG project one..now all we need is Porsche and Ferrari to make some megacar with 1000-1200hp using hybrid tech.

Interior concept

0d6471aa7a5c80203484cce0ced1be70.jpg

1ddbf909f434e8eb2f73f5ff0230e4b9.jpg

Please, please don't end up looking like the McLaren X-1 concept IN ANY WAY AT ALL!,-if it does, certainly it will be known historically as the "Speedfail". (See what I did there? That name though...) Give us a big-pappy to the 720s and there will be only one word needed: "Daaaaayummm!"

What's up with the recent obsession with "tail"? I get the return of the "longtail" with the 675LT, as a homage but now there's a 600 Longtail and this Speedtail.

Instead of continuing to go higher and higher with these powerful machines, have McLaren ever though of making something with less power to compete with the entry level cars that other manufacturers have? Something to compete with the Caymans, 4series (maybe even 1series), those types of cars

Instead of continuing to go higher and higher with these powerful machines, have McLaren ever though of making something with less power to compete with the entry level cars that other manufacturers have? Something to compete with the Caymans, 4series (maybe even 1series), those types of cars

Why would they? Their competition which has existed longer doesn't do this.

Latest Posts

Back