Microsoft Reveals Next-Gen Console: "Xbox Series X"

Its more about whats under the hood, but damn that thing is ugly lol I guess you could lay it on its side or something...

Its more about whats under the hood, but damn that thing is ugly lol I guess you could lay it on its side or something...
Xbox One X or Xbox 360 S are my favourite designs yet. The Series X design is decent and it's a good decision to go after function and not a small design.

A lot of power and an whisper quiet console is much more important to me.

Actually, why is there a hole in the back up at the top?

The notch to the left of the serial number decal is for a locking tether, often referred to as a Kensington Lock (the K+padlock logo). These are featured on desktop computers, hard drive enclosures, etc. to allow you to lock the hardware to something much larger.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Security_Slot

If we are talking about the same slot. :D

Last edited:
The notch to the left of the serial number decal is for a locking tether, often referred to as a Kensington Lock (the K+padlock logo). These are featured on desktop computers, hard drive enclosures, etc. to allow you to lock the hardware to something much larger.

I think they meant the longer, oblong hole near the very top of the case. There's ventilated sheet metal behind it.

Xbox One X or Xbox 360 S are my favourite designs yet. The Series X design is decent and it's a good decision to go after function and not a small design.

A lot of power and an whisper quiet console is much more important to me.

yeah agree no one wants ultra noisy fans!

Would you even hear them loud if you're using good headphones while you're playing a game?
Not Xbox, but my PS4 Pro howls like a pack of wolves when it plays certain games (Sekiro was really bad for this), to the point where I could hear it very well over the game sound in my headphones. Quiet fans for both consoles, please!

Not Xbox, but my PS4 Pro howls like a pack of wolves when it plays certain games (Sekiro was really bad for this), to the point where I could hear it very well over the game sound in my headphones. Quiet fans for both consoles, please!
So it has poor NVH levels for a console? Lol. :P:D

Would you even hear them loud if you're using good headphones while you're playing a game?
That would be quite funny if a manufacturer answered back with a reply like that. 'What do you mean it's too loud, you mean you're not wearing headphones every time you play a game on it! Sorry, that's not our problem. Btw the way, you may want the noise cancelling variety with this noisy ba*****. ' :lol:

That would be quite funny if a manufacturer answered back with a reply like that. 'What do you mean it's too loud, you mean you're not wearing headphones every time you play a game on it! Sorry, that's not our problem. Btw the way, you may want the noise cancelling variety with this noisy ba*****. ' :lol:
Especially if it's Sony, since they also sell dedicated headphones. :D

I always liked the "suitcase" version best.
1024px-Microsoft-Xbox-One-Console-Set-wKinect.jpg

As long as there's no glossy finish or an external powerbrick I don't care what it looks like. My OG Xone is all scratched to hell and the brick is louder than the console.

I think they meant the longer, oblong hole near the very top of the case. There's ventilated sheet metal behind it.
xbox-series-x-proto-004.jpg

I was almost certain on switching to PS5 for the next generation, but that is a damn good press release! :eek: Smart Delivery sounds extremely promising, plus CDPR have confirmed those purchasing an Xbox One copy of Cyberpunk 2077 and want to upgrade to the XSX version only have to buy the game once. S-Tier Customer Service. 👍

So Xbox confirmed 120 fps.
Kaz, Hold my beer. I will do 240 fps.

Basically Xbox just confirmed what we already know? :confused:

I'm really curious what is going on in the Playstation world and why it's been crickets? This xbox is terrible looking but it's very powerful. So I wonder if PS5 is not as powerful and Sony is trying to do some last minute changes or something?

well we didn't know it for sure and now it's confirmed, but RDNA2 is new right?

As in, was it mentioned before today? In that case, no, it isn't new. Prior to its surprise reveal in December, the GPU was based on Navi. So it's still "new" in that regard.

Having 12TFs allows 120FPS@1440P and 60FPS@4K. This is indeed next-gen console gaming. And it has full backwards compatibility. Great project for MS there. Let's hope PS5 has close to those specs and again full backwards compatibility.

I'm wondering if it will automatically boost performance of existing games (have an option in the settings) or will old games need to be patched again.

So I just did the math, and the Series X GPU is in-between the 2080 Super and 2080 Ti; more powerful than the former (12TF vs 11.1TF) but weaker than the latter (12 vs 14.2 <- Founder's Edition; 13.4 normal).

It's also more powerful than the 5700 XT at 9.75TF. That's *incredibly* impressive. Of course, it's not 1:1 but as a basis of comparison, the point stands.

Back