Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I built my first Wither earlier this week in PC Minecraft in my superflat world that I mostly use for schematics and some brainstorming. It mostly tore apart one of the temples I created and left a bunch of holes in the ground. It's safe to say the Wither simply hates EVERYTHING- structures, mobs, and (obviously) you. This all took place in Creative Mode as I finally took down the Wither.

To aid in brainstorming making mobs for Minecraft, I put together lots of Quartz blocks to envision building certain massive mobs. I even put on some Dispenser blocks to simulate either faces of these mobs or guns and cannons for their attacks. I am using Quartz blocks since Quartz is mostly for decoration. Initially, I was going to use Iron blocks, but decided on Quartz for building prototypes.

DQ said he'll have the server up and possibly a new world when 1.9 comes out.

I've been on iDeactivateMC's server though, you guys should check it out :)

I've noticed my cows and sheep have been pushing each other literally through the fence. Is this a glitch I should be concerned about? Will I lose the animals that are pushed out?

I'm sure you are right.. But there's still a part of me that demands I lower the ground inside the fenced off area. :lol:

Anyhow... What's everyone working on these days??

I'm toying arounnd with a new iteration of Fortress OMAHA. Found a killer seed for my world, started on a peninsula with two underground ponds, used the larger one as the building spot for my farm. (After levelling off enough layers of the future island to fill up a double chest about two thirds the way with just dirt) Unfortunately, due to a self-imposed rule, I deleted the world on death. (Didn't have the essentials of the fort completed yet or two stacks of iron ingots stockpiled, one of the few exceptions to this rule) Saved the seed #, intend to fool around on it in a sidegame.

I'm toying arounnd with a new iteration of Fortress OMAHA. Found a killer seed for my world, started on a peninsula with two underground ponds, used the larger one as the building spot for my farm. (After levelling off enough layers of the future island to fill up a double chest about two thirds the way with just dirt) Unfortunately, due to a self-imposed rule, I deleted the world on death. (Didn't have the essentials of the fort completed yet or two stacks of iron ingots stockpiled, one of the few exceptions to this rule) Saved the seed #, intend to fool around on it in a sidegame.

Interesting self-imposed rule.. Have you managed to survive on any of your worlds?

My Minecraft World

1562_1542669429389562_4547844860080534751_n.jpg

7773_1542759242713914_7407710054539673656_n.jpg

947078_1542670446056127_6909812518328095540_n.jpg

1044268_1542759292713909_3617383119390097224_n.jpg

12471650_1542759299380575_2170157993155008520_o.jpg

1918235_1542670432722795_7236416066612441891_n.jpg

More images to come another day.

Impressive, @Latvija27 👍

I'm debating on whether or not I should start a new world to get the new biomes/features (dem savannahs). Currently I'm still playing on the same PS3 world I've had since release, and with over two years on this world, it really feels like I've bled it dry of resources. :P

Eks
Impressive, @Latvija27 👍

I'm debating on whether or not I should start a new world to get the new biomes/features (dem savannahs). Currently I'm still playing on the same PS3 world I've had since release, and with over two years on this world, it really feels like I've bled it dry of resources. :P

I have only had my world since October 2014.

1r84km.png

The beginning of my last iteration of Fortress OMAHA. What you're seeing here is my personal farm. (Yes, woefully inefficient but it's more to satisfy my pickiness when building. For the record, levelling off this much of my starter peninsula consumed several in-game days and roughly fifteen-twenty stone shovels.

2rmtvy9.png

The only actual picture I have of the fort in construction from my legit playthrough. This part of the peninsula is a filled-in linkage of several microscopic islands nearby. (Should give you a rough idea of how much dirt I removed while levelling off the island.)

(All further shots are rough recreations based off a creative mode game I'm using to illustrate the basic plans I had in store.)

20k2n44.png

The rough outline. The main living quarters were to be within the diorite/granite tower. Three floors, seven by six brick floors. First floor crafting, second floor storage, third floor observation/sleeping, top mainly for observation and navigation purposes. Behind that granite wall to the very left is my farm. The longer wall pointing in my general area is part of what I intended to be an animal pen. (Never got this far in the original game.)

125j05f.png

What the focal point of my crafting floor was to be like. Six furnaces, evenly arranged, torch sconces besides the frame.

2vjspqa.png

What my farm layout was to be. Didn't get anywhere close yet to being ready to 'splore for pumpkins and melons.

EDIT: Seed # is 1908252339626494922. Have fun.

Last edited:
infokh.png

Proof of concept for a project I'm playing around with for when I finally remember to venture online to @DQuaN's server when it's booted up again. Screen name is HandsomeLucha.

The square is 100x100 with gold blocks marking every 20th square.

I've been playing on my Vita game and made quite the progress in only 2 days.

I set a main base in a mountain with a bridge connecting to another behind it. The other mountain has my brewing station and Nether portal. I was lucky enough to spawn next to a fortress.

My secondary base is down the river in a village. A huge cave and ravine lie underneath.

My next goal is to complete my enchanting library and to try to get Looting so I can get more Ender Pearls and Blaze Rods.

Dan
Better than any of my homes! The only house I'm slightly proud of was my red mushroom cottage with a (unfinished) basement.

Screenshot_2016-01-28-03-14-42_zpsa2g6rqkj.png

Thanks.. I've been working on this one for almost a month now. I never really have a plan, I'll start of with a small cozy hole somewhere and next thing I know its an out of control project.

This is going to be part of my new city but I have a lot of ground ground resurfacing to do and I want to put a underground railway and that's going to take a long time.

1929506_1542759742713864_1783410611259382943_n.jpg

My main building.

Back