Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
So for your underground railroads.. Do you build your cities first or just laying tracks down and build wherever they may end?

So for your underground railroads.. Do you build your cities first or just laying tracks down and build wherever they may end?

I have only just started and need to make all the ground level and flat first and I need to think of where I want the railway to go because this news city will be very big and it will take a long time to build.

Screenshot_2016-02-17-02-37-19_zpshvjzglfq.png

Screenshot_2016-02-17-02-51-26_zpsdygh9hdp.png

Screenshot_2016-02-17-02-49-54_zpsbdvw8wbp.png

Slow going progress on Pocket Edition.

1.9 Has Been Released!
  • Added shields
  • Attacking now has a “cool-down” delay, making it more important to time your attacks
  • You can now hold items in both hands (default quick key to swap items is ‘F’)
  • Swords have a special sweep attack
  • Axes have a special crushing blow attack
  • Added the elytra
  • New mob: Shulker
  • Expanded The End
  • Added Chorus plants
  • New Purpur blocks
  • New End Rod block
  • Added dragon head block
  • Ender Dragon can be resummoned
  • Added beetroot and beetroot soup (from MCPE)
  • Added grass path block
  • Added igloos
  • Armor protection values have been lowered
  • Added tipped arrows
  • Added spectral arrows
  • Added Frost Walker enchantment and frosted ice block
  • Added a whole bunch of new sound effects
  • Added sound effect subtitles
  • Brewing Stand now requires Blaze Powder to activate
  • Added skeleton riders
  • We believe we’ve fixed MC-10 and a whole bunch of other issues
  • Removed Herobrine

Sweeet! Not fired MC up in forever but was waiting for this, the additions to the End look really cool. Early days I know but will "my" End update to multiple islands, and the fortress things, or will I have to find another portal? Not sure if it is one map, like the Nether.

Yeah, they increased the Stronghold count in the world. I'm pretty sure the portals will take you to the same place though.

Yeah, they increased the Stronghold count in the world. I'm pretty sure the portals will take you to the same place though.

That's cool but what I meant was, will the expansion of the End only affect "new" Ends? Presumably yes. I was kinda hoping I could visit the one I already opened but that would probably be the same, and I would have to find another stronghold/portal/eyes of ender for the new stuff.

Gonna be a bit before I adjust to not being able to craft, say, a full stack of torches, hold down one of the hotkeys and the whole stack being moved over.

I'll pop on sometime during the weekend. That proof of concept project for the server I was toying with on the last page was great but MY GOD assembling it was a pain. Maybe shrinking the intended 112x112 dimensions in half will make it less so.

On now just for kicks.

EDIT: There's a suspiciously flattened peninsula about twenty/thirty seconds walk/run from 85FieroGT's home (whoever he is).

j14z15.png

Currently planned name for home is Makabe Manor or Stately Handsome Acres.

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: So while building Makabe Manor, a skeleton spawns inside my walls and kills me. Alright, cool....but upon respawn, I end up in the Welcome Center yard...and I legit cannot get out because of lag or the fact I'm technically below minimum specs.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="SecretAgentZero

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: So while building Makabe Manor, a skeleton spawns inside my walls and kills me. Alright, cool....but upon respawn, I end up in the Welcome Center yard...and I legit cannot get out because of lag or the fact I'm technically below minimum specs.[/QUOTE]

You can't open the gates on the fence? I'll take them out tomorrow morning. You should /sethome once you get back to your spot.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="SecretAgentZero

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: So while building Makabe Manor, a skeleton spawns inside my walls and kills me. Alright, cool....but upon respawn, I end up in the Welcome Center yard...and I legit cannot get out because of lag or the fact I'm technically below minimum specs.

You can't open the gates on the fence? I'll take them out tomorrow morning. You should /sethome once you get back to your spot.[/QUOTE]

You are beautiful peoples.

You can't open the gates on the fence? I'll take them out tomorrow morning. You should /sethome once you get back to your spot.

You are beautiful peoples.[/QUOTE]

I think it was the grass path. I'm guessing when you respawn, you are at normal level and the path is slightly lower. I've replaced the grass path with bricks. Let me know if it works.

You are beautiful peoples.

I think it was the grass path. I'm guessing when you respawn, you are at normal level and the path is slightly lower. I've replaced the grass path with bricks. Let me know if it works.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm being kicked for flying or related stuff. Closest I could think to flying I did was repeated jumping trying to get out.

Back