Minecraft News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by WallRunner, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Flerbizky

Flerbizky Premium

What's the deal with the green handgrenade zombies that doesn't burst into flames when the sun comes up?..

Annoying B-Tards them..

2. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

It usually means you have too many trees up in one confined area. They use the shade from the trees to survive.

3. Sharky.

Sharky. Premium

Penises don't catch fire when the sun comes up, anyway. ;)

4. nick09

nick09 (Banned)

Yeah I had to deal with two when the morning came and I even tried to lead them into direct sunlight. If only I had a bow, I could snipe them down!

5. WallRunner

WallRunner Premium

They wander off pretty quick if you go about your business though. If you do have to confront one just swipe and retreat until it's dead.

I am going to wait until the halloween update to do any more building, but I will make a save with a ton of torches so I can have lanterns come the 31st.

From,
    Chris.

6. nick09

nick09 (Banned)

Ah yeah. I'm gonna have to replace all my torches in my cave system and house when that day comes. I wish I could find some clay in my world and the snow is not helping.

EDIT: My computer froze and I lost my winter world. All well it was getting kinda boring with the snow.

7. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Is there any interest in creating a GTP multiplayer server? I think it could be fun for us to all work together to build something epic!

8. UnionStrike

UnionStrike (Banned)

yes, yes there is, we're gonna wait till the halloween update first and see how much of multi get fixed and then we'll decide.

9. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Gotcha, that makes sense. Update is only a few days away, I can't wait!

10. UnionStrike

UnionStrike (Banned)

I finally caved in and turned on peaceful mode, man I finally actually got some mining and exploran' done, my house is actually getting renovated and I'm no longer stricken with paranoia about some random skeleton or creeper spawning in my cave system

I found some redstone and gold for the first time too :D

11. Joey D

Joey D Premium

I just use doors to keep the monsters out of the connector from my main house to the caves. Seems to work out the best.

12. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

Did you switch peaceful mode on from the options menu? I didn't know you could turn it on or off whenever you wanted. I understand you can't get gunpowder without it on? Nor string from spiders.

Also, can you select what map size when you play survival mode? With the free demo, you can select small, medium or large maps. My PC can only play small maps, because of my limited CPU power. I get about 5-9FPS with it which is just enough to play the game despite the horrible lag.

13. nick09

nick09 (Banned)

Yes with peaceful mode on you won't get attacked by anything but health automatically regenerates. Makes the game feel real peaceful and relaxing.

14. UnionStrike

UnionStrike (Banned)

no, it generates a random map of a standard size and only generate more as you explore toward the edge of the map, the maps can get pretty excessive, more than 8 times the surface of the earth if you explore often.

I just realized I can place torches on tree trunk and leafs without burning anything down, I just slapped some ladders on a pretty high tree and now I got my look out tower lol, planted some saplings on it, hopefully it grows and become even crazier.

edit: The saplings grew! I have a tree growing on a tree, slapped some ladders on them and made a big observation platform on my super height tree, it's pretty kickass.

edit2:
    Test video of Biomes, part of the halloween update.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953XeQ3qwMM&feature=player_embedded#!
    sunset/sunrise now light the world red, pretty cool stuff.

I see only 4 different biomes though, lol.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  15. DustDriver

DustDriver Staff Emeritus

16. grafpt

grafpt

Awesome ship!!

heres my IMAX theater so far.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive done more since this but I will wait until im finished for more pics.

17. DustDriver

DustDriver Staff Emeritus

Now that's a big screen. Shame it only displays black and white movies :lol:

18. Heldenzeit

Heldenzeit

You should cover the whole thing in paintings. :dopey:

19. grafpt

grafpt

HAHA thats a good idea. I hope one day we could embed videos hahaha

Ya the IMAX screen here in Orlando is about 100'x80' its insane :p

20. UnionStrike

UnionStrike (Banned)

ahahaha now to enclose the whole imax screen with a theater building.

21. grafpt

grafpt

HAHA ya. Im doing it with bedrock haha so from the outside it will be an indestructible theater:p I havent messed up but It was a scary thought "oh, if i lay one wrong, theres no going back...." So I chose not to do one thing with bed rock, but outer shell is fine.

22. CAMAROBOY69

CAMAROBOY69 Premium

What exactly is the goal or objective of this game? Not like I really need another game but it looks fun.

23. nick09

nick09 (Banned)

There is none. You just do what you want to do and you should watch some the tutorials and let's play's(good series have are linked to in this thread) on youtube to avoid the baddies and such. If you plan on buying you should buy now since notch will be releasing the new Beta soon and that will double the price. The download is DRM free and you get free updates. A good deal for an $14.30 game really.

I got myself a project to do Plan on spreading about 50 blocks in all directions, just for fun! Also doing it because I have a ton of stone since I'm starting a mineshaft down through a mountain(that's about 128 blocks thick if I remember correctly). A little teaser pic for all to see.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Another picture and I admit that I am really addicted to the building part of this game. I just set it to peaceful and enjoy the game.
    [​IMG]

EDIT2: You see the cobblestone platform in the second picture? That's how far I have gone underground in my mineshaft.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  24. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

I figured out how I could play this game in Free Play mode. I redraw the map with the smallest map possible and then activate the most fog possible. It draws a lot less detail and my FPS dramatically increases, making this game playable.

I had a HUGE house built from a mountain. OK, so the mountains in small map worlds are tiny, so what. I had four stories up and a basement. The next level down from the basement was a huge cave system that went down five or six other levels. Then, I hit one rock that allowed all this water in, despite plugging it very quickly. Apparently, in free play mode, the water doesn't 'flow' it just appears and there's no way to get rid of it. All levels of the mine caves, the subbasement level and basement were 100% flooded. I was mad. Sure, I can move under water just fine, but it looked lame.

I wanted to save and found I couldn't. I had to buy the game to save. Lame.

Sucks. Sucks big. Sucks big... never mind. Not going to play it anymore, since I can't save. I wanted to keep building, up, but I unplugged my DS3 controller and got the MS blue screen of death.

Fudge puppies! Dude, I was pissed. Lame.

Done.

25. nick09

nick09 (Banned)

You don't have to pay to save in the free play version. You just sign up for a free account and then while you play you can press Esc and select Save Level.

26. Solid Lifters

Solid Lifters

I did sign up. Still no save.

27. nick09

nick09 (Banned)

Well I just finished my 1st deck and I have already made the frames for the other three. Also added flaming tree trunks as a special touch and helps me get back home.
    [​IMG]

It will be a lot of sand that I have to gather. Each 8 block section needs 72 blocks of glass. I can't help it I like to be able to see everything.

28. Christian_C

Christian_C Premium

^One of the good things about building your house on the sand like I did, gathering the sand is no trouble, I am however finding that despite digging 32 blocks down all I have found is: cobblestone, gravel and sporadic 2x2 groups of coal and iron ore :(.

How far down do you have to dig before you start to find the more desirable blocks? (gold, etc)

29. grafpt

grafpt

Why do you want gold? lol Its borderline useless :p Which is probably 1 reason why it's hard to find. Diamond is usually between level 10 and 16 . There are 5 layers of bedrock. There are some good youtube videos for "branch mining" which is best for diamond.

30. nick09

nick09 (Banned)

My spawn point is next to some sand so I just store all of my stuff away and jump off. I also do have some paths in my underground mine where it goes to land below the mountain. I have probably shoveled up about 512 blocks of sand so I'm covered for now.

Once you get near any dirt underground it means that you are about to hit an cavern so be careful(I know this from watching a ton of videos online).