Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
This game is like a drug.. Dammit..

1015419613_NYok6-L.jpg

When I play the free demo, at 1-5FPS, I dig down and quickly find a mother load of gold and iron. I hope the regular game is like this. lol

I found 57 blocks of gold and 64 blocks of iron. This happen often in the survival mode?

BTW, I'm using my PS3 controller to play this game. I couldn't get use to the keyboard.

Well, after nearly getting my house burned down by lava(accidently poured some lava while getting into my chest), I have made three lights to tell me where home is at night. I lost a few things in the process but thankfully they were only pickaxes and a sword but noting too major like a house. I had to quickly make some buckets to take out the lava.
iggo48.png

Here was my project last night lol GT5 needs to come out so I can stop playing this game!! HAHA

Screen%20shot%202010-10-22%20at%208.24.22%20PM.png

Screen%20shot%202010-10-22%20at%2011.18.27%20PM.png

Last edited:
How do you collect lava? I have a bucket but can't get it.

I'm pretty sure if you get lava from the surface you need to get it from the source block. If you find it underground then it should be easy as left-clicking with the bucket to grab it.

@grafpt: That comic has some language. I'd just link to the image if I were you.

Last edited:
So my saved game data is no longer available. How the hell does my save game data get lost? If I can't recover it or find it then I'm seriously turned off to the game.

Well can't help you there. You have to remember that this game is still in alpha and there is a possibility of losing your save on a new update.

Well I've tried copying the files to another world and what not and it's not working. I even had a backup of the files as a "just in case" type of thing because I knew it could be unstable. I get an alpha status game will have major bugs, but I don't understand what you can't restore from a non-corrupt file.

I did, the save files are still empty when I do that. I've done every "fix" I can find in the Minecraft forums but none of them work.

can you start a new world and still play? Just start a new world when the halloween update releases with the biomes, hell zone and new blocks to play with.

Well I've tried copying the files to another world and what not and it's not working.
Don't copy the files to a new world, just rename the folder instead (to a different "Worldx" where x is 1-5). Replacing files is asking for trouble.

Don't copy the files to a new world, just rename the folder instead (to a different "Worldx" where x is 1-5). Replacing files is asking for trouble.

WooHoo that worked! I guess I was doing it wrong.

I don't have any inventory but that's really minor.

Thanks 👍

Well Joey, if you are already turned off the game, would you consider a Minecraft Account donation. ;)

(just kidding again [i wish])

Built a dry dock for the cargo ship I'm going to build.
Still thinking how I am going to build the ship itself :lol:

drydock.png

Ya if you ever want a good excuse to stock up on sand, dig up a beach area lol I have 2 Large Chests full, it's insane. Is your **** going to be floating?

At least it'll appear to be floating. And I'm using a inventory editor to do this. Would take too long to actually mine all the iron needed for the ship.

Started a new world to make this. Don't use the inventory editor in my main world.

The area of the dry dock was mainly water. Filled it up with sand and used some TNT. Although the TNT did cause some accidents though :D
I figured it would be faster to fill it up with sand and dig it back out than having to dig out the hole in solid rock. As a added bonus the water outside of the dock goes down to roughly the same level.

Last edited:
So out of curiosity have you designed a ship or are you going to wing it and come up with a design as you build? But yeah I get you on using inventory editor, mining all those resources would take too long.

Just going by real life cargo ships. Trying to find a proper schematic of one, but no luck yet.

edit:
Just a preview of the size. I already had to make the dry dock a bit longer. The bow of the ship went through the wall :)
cargopreview.png

Last edited:
Put the resource or object you want to place in the bottom bar, select it by scrolling and right-click to place.

Did a ton with my friend in three hours yesterday. Added a second floor to my house to act as an storage room and maybe I will make a third floor to shoot some of the creatures from the mountain top. I was getting sand that was under the ice and just luckily it was a perfect spot to put a lava pit in and made a glass cage so I can act as bait. So far no creatures except for pigs, sheep, and chicken has been caught in my trap.

5v3vjb.png

egtq81.jpg

a46gzr.jpg

2vtntw5.jpg

So I just spent all night getting to grips with this and when I finally manage to get a small house built one of the stupid green tnt zombies comes and blows up half of the house! :grumpy:

Serves me right for building it on sand and then mining underneath I suppose.

This is very addictive though I will admit :)

Back