Modified Track Path Editor + Tracks/Discussion

HUAKTP96wKzoIjB2MK_0.jpg

As you can see, such levels of power can give some mean tuck :cheers:

Would be interesting to see if the pit size was taken down further to see any changes to this glitch, etc.

This does some really weird stuff to the cars. As mentioned, it makes the oil light come on even in brand new cars, and with short gears at low speeds, reverse and first gears are switched. The weirdest one is that braking actually makes you go faster.

I'll post a video tomorrow of my Schwimmwagen doing 500mph backwards while the brakes only make things worse, and how I have to select reverse gear to start moving forwards from a stand still.

Really bizarre glitch, and boy does it leave an enormous smoke cloud, to other cars it looks like driving through thick fog from over half a mile back.

This does some really weird stuff to the cars. As mentioned, it makes the oil light come on even in brand new cars, and with short gears at low speeds, reverse and first gears are switched. The weirdest one is that braking actually makes you go faster.

I'll post a video tomorrow of my Schwimmwagen doing 500mph backwards while the brakes only make things worse, and how I have to select reverse gear to start moving forwards from a stand still.

Really bizarre glitch, and boy does it leave an enormous smoke cloud, to other cars it looks like driving through thick fog from over half a mile back.
Was able to get a Mustang to 380mph but not from a standstill since the engine would wierdly bog out. Making it useless for drags. Only worked on the rolling starts

If you need a new car for it to work, and given that the only variable of the car that actually change when you drive it is mileage, I'm thinking that what's happening is that the car gets a negative mileage. And as mileage is used to calculate power loss, oil boost, etc. a negative mileage could cause all sorts of mayhem.

Was able to get a Mustang to 380mph but not from a standstill since the engine would wierdly bog out. Making it useless for drags. Only worked on the rolling starts

I've only tried a handful of very slow cars, but it seems that cars can only launch if their gearing is extremely short. It's been working for me in cars that can get the max speed slider below 75mph, and then reducing the first and final gear to as small as possible.

If you need a new car for it to work

It happens in any car whether it's done 0 miles or 25,000 miles. I was just pointing out that it's strange that it happens when you've literally driven 50 yards.

Thanks to GTP Razorman for making it possible with his track :D

Haha, didn't know something like this was possible with it.

If you need a new car for it to work, and given that the only variable of the car that actually change when you drive it is mileage, I'm thinking that what's happening is that the car gets a negative mileage. And as mileage is used to calculate power loss, oil boost, etc. a negative mileage could cause all sorts of mayhem.

I did just a quick test with this and even though this is a good theory, mileage isn't the one doing this. There is alot bits and pieces which change and alot of them are unknown to me as I have never seen them change before. However I think they are all related to GT Auto stuff and not the actual car parts like engine, turbo etc..

What I noticed is that engine overhaul reseted the "glitch", atleast for me. Now idk if the oil change does the same but engine overhaul does the oil change aswell, right?

I did just a quick test with this and even though this is a good theory, mileage isn't the one doing this. There is alot bits and pieces which change and alot of them are unknown to me as I have never seen them change before. However I think they are all related to GT Auto stuff and not the actual car parts like engine, turbo etc..

What I noticed is that engine overhaul reseted the "glitch", atleast for me. Now idk if the oil change does the same but engine overhaul does the oil change aswell, right?

The oil have a separate mileage counter that resets every time you change the oil (or rebuild the engine). And as the glitch reset when you overhauled the engine, and as the glitch doesn't work on electric cars, I think we can pin this one down to the oil milage counter.

The oil have a separate mileage counter that resets every time you change the oil (or rebuild the engine). And as the glitch reset when you overhauled the engine, and as the glitch doesn't work on electric cars, I think we can pin this one down to the oil milage counter.

That could be it.

I'll get the parameter blocks for fresh car, after glitch and after overhaul so you can see aswell (Might take some time).

I've only tried a handful of very slow cars, but it seems that cars can only launch if their gearing is extremely short. It's been working for me in cars that can get the max speed slider below 75mph, and then reducing the first and final gear to as small as possible.

What about launching in a higher gear, does that give you more torque or less?

@eran0004
First 50 bytes from the parameters (No changes after). Electric car follows the same procedure even though it doesn't work.

Oil Change is at 0x10 - 0x13

Stock:
Code:
                  Abarth 500 '09                               Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
00 00 00 6D 7E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FB 6C 20 | 00 00 00 6D 7E 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FB 6C 20
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B8 D4 BB E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 | B8 D4 C0 7A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Glitched:
Code:
                   Abarth 500 '09                              Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
00 00 00 6D FE 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 80 00 00 00 | 00 00 00 6D FE 00 00 00 00 00 01 0C 80 00 00 00
CF 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 1E 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 | CF 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 1E 46 00 00 00 00 00 00
9C 91 00 00 09 00 80 26 00 00 4A 66 00 0A 00 02 | 9C 91 00 00 50 1D 42 06 00 09 08 D2 00 0A CA 23
B8 D4 BB E0 00 00 00 02 00 04 00 04 00 00 00 00 | B8 D4 C0 7A 00 00 00 02 00 02 00 02 00 00 00 00

Overhauled:
Code:
                  Abarth 500 '09                               Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
00 00 00 6D FE 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00 00 00 | 00 00 00 6D FE 00 00 00 00 00 01 0C 00 00 00 00
C8 92 7C 00 80 00 00 00 1E 46 00 00 00 00 00 00 | C8 92 7C 00 80 00 00 00 1E 46 00 00 00 00 00 00
9C 91 00 00 09 00 80 26 00 00 4A 66 00 0A 00 02 | 9C 91 00 00 50 1D 42 06 00 09 08 D2 00 0A CA 23
B8 D4 BB E0 00 00 00 02 00 04 00 04 00 00 00 00 | B8 D4 C0 7A 00 00 00 02 00 02 00 02 00 00 00 00

Last edited:
What about launching in a higher gear, does that give you more torque or less?

The experience I have had is this:
If you are not moving and on a flat surface, you will never get moving in a higher gear, but this is also a problem with first gear if it is set to be any longer than the top speed of one of these.

s-l1000.jpg

If you are up and running, gearing seems to make no difference whatsoever, you just have unrelenting wheel spin whatever gear you are in and reach the same top speed. It also doesn't matter if you are accelerating, coasting or braking, nothing stops the wheel spin or changes your terminal speed.

From what I've tried all the cars are affected in the same way and it's the drivetrain and tyres that determine your glitchy acceleration, terminal speed and ability to gain at least some sort of control of which direction you're facing. Probably downforce too if the car has it (none of mine did).

The experience I have had is this:
If you are not moving and on a flat surface, you will never get moving in a higher gear, but this is also a problem with first gear if it is set to be any longer than the top speed of one of these.

s-l1000.jpg

If you are up and running, gearing seems to make no difference whatsoever, you just have unrelenting wheel spin whatever gear you are in and reach the same top speed. It also doesn't matter if you are accelerating, coasting or braking, nothing stops the wheel spin or changes your terminal speed.

From what I've tried all the cars are affected in the same way and it's the drivetrain and tyres that determine your glitchy acceleration, terminal speed and ability to gain at least some sort of control of which direction you're facing. Probably downforce too if the car has it (none of mine did).

Hm, interesting. Could it be the engine braking that causes the acceleration? If the torque is inverted, then engine braking could be in the positive vector, while the "normal" torque would be negative (which in turn would explain how you can go forward in reverse gear, and reverse in 1st gear).

Will I get banned from PSN if I use modded tracks online? I want to do a rally track, but I'm still in doubts. :ill:

Will I get banned from PSN if I use modded tracks online? I want to do a rally track, but I'm still in doubts. :ill:

Well if all the super speed lobbies at custom tracks I've seen and the general lack of people coming here complaining about how they got banned on GT6 is anything to go by...

You should have no worries whatsoever about being banned. :D:lol:

BUT I would stress that some modded tracks CAN crash your game upon exiting the lobby so take that into consideration.

Well if all the super speed lobbies at custom tracks I've seen and the general lack of people coming here complaining about how they got banned on GT6 is anything to go by...

You should have no worries whatsoever about being banned. :D:lol:

BUT I would stress that some modded tracks CAN crash your game upon exiting the lobby so take that into consideration.
Well, if I create a rally track, like this video below for example, will I get banned?

I just got informed, the following:

"No, because PD only bans people who has modded/hacked saves on their PS3s. Modding tracks doesn't mod the save data at all."

Well, if I create a rally track, like this video below for example, will I get banned?

"No, because PD only bans people who has modded/hacked saves on their PS3s. Modding tracks doesn't mod the save data at all."

There is always a risk. But so far I don't think anyone got banned for modifying tracks. I'd say that you'll probably be fine, but there are no guarantees.

And you're not immune to bans just because you don't modify your save data. Anything you do that's against the terms of use may get you banned.

Simply put, if you have the capabilitys to create a rally track, no, you'll very likely not be banned by PD for that.

A lot of GTP'ers who build custom tracks and modded tracks haven't been banned as far as I'm aware as technically the PS3 save data isn't being modified, the app that creates the track is.

Now the whole process on how to do that is probably against the AUP, but the only real worries in my eyes when building a modded track are the game crashing when exiting the track or someone reporting the track because it looked like the Nazi symbol for example. :rolleyes:

technically the PS3 save data isn't being modified, the app that creates the track is.

It doesn't matter how it's done, it's still illicitly modified game data and as such it's against the terms of use.

Why they haven't been swinging the ban hammer (yet?) is more likely because these tracks can't be used for cheating.

It doesn't matter how it's done, it's still illicitly modified game data and as such it's against the terms of use.

Why they haven't been swinging the ban hammer (yet?) is more likely because these tracks can't be used for cheating.

Well to answer part of your second paragraph, what would your definition of cheating be?

Creating uber fast but uncontrollable cars?
Easy way of obtaining large sums of money?

Both technically can be done using these modded tracks with some well placed glitching in certain tracks.

But the best answer I can give regarding why the ban hammer hasn't swung yet is where do PD draw the line? Some people use this track modding capability to create some really good track replicas (Both real and Fantasy) that otherwise weren't possible normally ( like Red Rock Valley) and are quite creative.

Short of driving the tracks themselves, it'll be tricky to tell which tracks are modded in most cases and which ones are skilfully created.

Personally, I don't think PD's too concerned as the whole thing has given players more reason to keep playing the game because of the extra hours of gaming modded tracks can theoretically bring to the table.

Well to answer part of your second paragraph, what would your definition of cheating be?

Creating uber fast but uncontrollable cars?
Easy way of obtaining large sums of money?

Both technically can be done using these modded tracks with some well placed glitching in certain tracks.

That would be cheating, indeed.

But the best answer I can give regarding why the ban hammer hasn't swung yet is where do PD draw the line? Some people use this track modding capability to create some really good track replicas (Both real and Fantasy) that otherwise weren't possible normally ( like Red Rock Valley) and are quite creative.

I don't think they are too concerned about where to draw the line. If they make a move it will be to enforce the rules, as it's not practically possible to evaluate the quality of every single track. And as such, anything that's illicitly modified would be a target.

Short of driving the tracks themselves, it'll be tricky to tell which tracks are modded in most cases and which ones are skilfully created.

There are obvious clues in most cases though, such as going out of bounds, crossing over, track widths out of range, extreme elevation changes, trackside object placement, etc. It wouldn't be that hard to write an algorithm to check for that. Sure, it wouldn't be able to catch tracks that would be possible to create with the app, but on the other hand it's not as important to stop those tracks as they can't be used for cheating any more than tracks created with the app.

Personally, I don't think PD's too concerned as the whole thing has given players more reason to keep playing the game because of the extra hours of gaming modded tracks can theoretically bring to the table.

But you can say the same thing about modding cars, and they did become concerned about that.

So far they haven't said a word about this, but on the other hand you just pointed out how this can be used for cheating, so who knows what will happen if and when they become aware of it.

Youll get the better chance at getting game banned if you created suggestively shaped track than modded track.

I don't think you get banned for it, they just delete the track. Maybe if you repeatedly do that, though.

Will I get banned from PSN if I use modded tracks online?

I don't think you can get banned for that as it's not possible for a user to tell if the track of another user is made with a modded version of the track editor.

Technically they could do that, but if they start banning crazy jump track creators, those could complain about the replica tracks with freely placed start/finish line and slightly tighter corners. Should they ban them too? How to show show some track isn't possible with the stock TPE? And all those tracks went through the upload procedure, so PD could easily add some more checks there if they wanted to -- it's not hard to reject too big slopes or too small radii. But i bet they have other things to do at the moment. So i wouldn't worry too much.

HUAKTP96wKzoIjB2MK_0.jpg

As you can see, such levels of power can give some mean tuck :cheers:

Would be interesting to see if the pit size was taken down further to see any changes to this glitch, etc.

When I overhauled my engine on my car, I noticed that the body had dirt/sand (like on the picture above) while I'm on track and it never goes away. Its pretty interesting to make my Alpine a little dirty while I'm driving. :D

OjYQwOoR0B2zLkYXt_0.jpg

Last edited:
When I overhauled my engine on my car, I noticed that the body had dirt/sand (like on the picture above) while I'm on track and it never goes away. Its pretty interesting to make my Alpine a little dirty while I'm driving. :D

OjYQwOoR0B2zLkYXt_0.jpg

Did you try to wash it?

Back