Motorcycles in GT6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by mjm23race, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Amac500

Amac500

I would like to see motorcycles, but then again maybe I don't. It would take a lot of work for PD to develop the physics for motorcycles and I think I might rather want to see that effort going into more cars, tracks, and features.

TeamCZRRacing and austin4500 like this.
  2. R5

R5 (Banned)

The physics would take as long for cars really. It wouldn't be a massively longer task.

3. Griffith500

Griffith500

The physics are the same. The control abstraction is where the extra work is, and that's half done with TT already.

The physics guys would be no good at making more cars, tracks and "features" (unless it's a physics feature, or general programming feature). I doubt that the team is really as dynamic that they'll hire and fire people to fit whatever budget split they have for the week, but I suppose they could get rid of the physics guys and hire a modeler or two extra.

mjm23race likes this.
  4. Ugly

Ugly

It's been a while since I've checked up on this thread and it's both amusing and infuriating to see the same arguments put forward again and again!

It's either "It's called Gran Turismo", which means cars only. Despite the fact it actually doesn't meant that, in the literal sense. :confused:

Or, "It says real driving simulator on the box", which also means cars only. So if they changed the tag line to "Real racing simulator" would that be okay? :confused:

Or my personal favourite "The physics would need to be redone", which means cars only! Completely ignoring the fact that they were fully functional in the early GTHD demo. :banghead:

Griffith500: I think if I come back here for a look in another few months time, you'll still be putting up with the same old crap. Respect to you, sir. For fighting the fight that's right. :bowdown:

5. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

We already have a motorcycle in GT6. There are KTM X-BOW, Suzuki GSX-R,..... wait.

6. GBalao888

GBalao888

Motorcycles in GT6? No way. It will be too unfair because the race cars will just ram the motorcycles if it were to be a car vs. motorcycle race. Then the riders in the motorcycles will get eliminated.

7. INEEDNAWZZZ

INEEDNAWZZZ

I seem to remember the GT website having an image of a Ford GT up against a bike way back when GT5 was still GTHD, and people have mentioned a video of an actual race between a car and a bike. Plainly, it was an idea they were toying with. Whether it was planned to be a real feature, a demonstration of their tech/game engine or just a mock up to make a decent trailer (think of Seattle in the NSX trailer for example), it is possible in some form or another. Of course, that was back when the game was still probably just a jumped up GT4 engine, so who knows how it could technically work now.

Personally, I have no strong feelings towards or against bikes; have no interest in them, but I can see the appeal of having them in there. I want to try and find a cheap copy of TT and see how it plays and feels compared to GT, and then see if the two would work. As long as the bike stuff isn't mandatory, I'd be all for it.

Single player 'car vs. bike' races could work quite well with the 'obstacle collision' system the Senna and GT Academy events have. Once you knock them off, you have to retry instead. Online could incorporate some kind of ghosting system for when cars are within a certain distance of a bike (although I dunno how well that would work - if it could at all).

8. Chrix12

Chrix12

You know, you can always try not not ram/hit.

It is already annoying enough online car vs. car when some people hit you in every corner / when overtaking.

9. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Oh my god. How long since we saw this thread.

Thing is, I am more wanted to have fully functional GT6 than a half-assed Tourist Trophy. l

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  10. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

But GT6 is also half-assed, so why not add more half-assed content? :D

11. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Well, to be fair, they have to use the time to fix and add features until the actual GT6 finished rather than waste time doing other games (that I suspect even Kaz didnt interested in).

TokoTurismo likes this.
  12. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I very much agree about fixing and finishing the game first before adding in more content. :tup:

ShiftingGears likes this.
  13. Bopop4

Bopop4

Problem is that if you have a bike and a car of similar pace, the bike is going to be much faster in a straight line.
    The car will be stuck behind in the corners and then be helpless in the straight.

It wouldn't be able to outbrake it because there would be a large gap after a straight, and even if it did manage to get ahead the bike would just outaccelerate it and repeat the process.

14. R5

R5 (Banned)

The romanticised image of car v bike may actually be blocked by motorbike makers who don't want to see their machines damaged, as generally this does happen.

grog likes this.
  15. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

By that logic..
    Half-assed game + half-assed content = full-assed (? :lol:) game?
    If so, I'm all for it.:p

16. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

lol! Nice one. :)

17. mjm23race

mjm23race

Who is this "we"? If you feel like everything is half assed and all future ventures will be half assed, then why not move on to something else that will give you more joy ?

18. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Okay maybe its my opinion.

As for the half-A thing, just look at GT6 now. Its still technically unfinished since its features is not complete. They should be focused on delivering that.

Also its not like it would ruin my life or gaming. I only play any games for about 12 hours a week and also have other games than GT6. Surely I have more "joy" doing other things or playing other games. I just expecting more on PD.

19. grog

grog

Very good point, its odd to see a realist in here!

20. mjm23race

mjm23race

Gt6 is just a band aid because pd didn't have anything ready for ps4. Caught with pants down yet again.

21. R5

R5 (Banned)

Eh sort of I guess. I do hope it happens but there is so much working against it

22. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

NBDrifterz and STONDKIWI like this.
  23. Griffith500

Griffith500

Why not indeed!

The thinking is that the most viable delivery vector (:sly:) for the current always-online generation, would be as DLC / expansion to a GT game.

24. Voodoovaj

Voodoovaj

Can I double like this? I would even be happy with a re-release. I'd totally be fine with reusing the model from TT

25. NBDrifterz

NBDrifterz

I think that this would be perfect. Sure there would be a lot more time and work but it'd be worth it, I personally love motorbikes and I can't see why it would make such a huge problem.

mjm23race likes this.
  26. SZRT Ice

SZRT Ice

Heck, we have GT4 "standard" cars. Why not Tourist Trophy "Standard" bikes? As I recall, the bike models in TT were more detailed than GT4's vehicles anyway! It would likely be an effortless pursuit to include them!

Skython, VXR, Griffith500 and 2 others like this.
  27. MXH

MXH Premium

Only if they'd give them the same treatment as the RUFs in GT6.

NBDrifterz and SZRT Ice like this.
  28. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Ironic side is that all tourist trophy bikes has an "interior".

Well, it can be mean the texture, but still....

29. Samus

Samus

Is this going to be the new motto of Gran Turismo amongst fans? "Any old crap will do, it's better than nothing".

30. Griffith500

Griffith500

The bikes in TT were considerably better than the cars in GT4. But probably still "pathetic" by some standards. I wouldn't mind, and I'm impossible to please. :p

diegorborges likes this.