Motorcycles in GT6?

• Thread starter mjm23race
  • 1,257 comments
Motorcycles in GT6 is a brilliant idea! period.
But as many people pointed out, they have more important things to fix first.
As for the GT franchise being a simulator, I've noticed there are rubberband AI in GT6, first time ever in GT series, and need to go away faster than hell!

Last edited:
It will never happen if they cant even include the features that were promised for gt6..
but thats how they roll while we're sitting waiting for the features they said were coming out of nowhere an update will bring motorcycles , bad grammar temporarly do to my phone freaking out when I touch the screen so I'm using the speak to text

no-frog.jpg
Oh how cute a stupid frog on a rock with the word no. Wow you make a very valid and intelligent argument. Must be a master debater.

1. I love the Internet. Genuine lol @mjm23race
  2. How did anyone ever get their point across before twitter?
#madness

I hardly use any social media (facebook/twitter etc, GTP is about as far as I go)

et_
Motorcykles in GT6 is a brilliant idea! period.
But as many people pointed out, they have more important things to fix first.
As for the GT franchise being a simulator, I've noticed there are rubberband AI in GT6, first time ever in GT series, and need to go away faster than hell!
They're not the first. Just the most noticeable. Been in since GT4, and my guess is before that there were RB'd AI too

They're not the first. Just the most noticeable. Been in since GT4, and my guess is before that there were RB'd AI too
Really? well I had'nt noticed it before. that is one of the most idiotic system ever made for a racing game! I remember a long time ago, I think it was NFS most wanted... Anyway I was driving like hell and the bloody AI overtook me in the last corner so many times I almost gave up. then I drove slowely 80% of the race and it made for an easy victory, After that I learned that the slower you drive, the easier it gets! i.e. impossible for pro drivers to win.

That's the marketing really. If only a love child of Vettel and Senna with Schuey as a god father and Loeb as a baby sitter could win a race, it'd be pretty seclusion on a huge part of the market. The casual gamer

Rubber banding was most noticeable in the first game. It was best in GT5. I'd like to see what B-Spec brings with it when it gets here for GT6. Besides, those things aren't done "first", they're done concurrently with most other things.

By the way, Kaz is such a joker.
Will GT4 be the last PS2 game you make?

Kazunori: Maybe! [laughs]
From here (computerandvideogames have restructured their site, and the old link is now broken)

Will Tourist Trophy return for GT 6?

I can't say no. [Laughter]
From here.

He did the same regarding the Bathurst rumours. This tentativeness at least means they are considering it, which in PD terms means they are actively working towards it. Still not definite that it will happen any time soon, but promising.

I think GT takes up so much of their time, that TT will always take a back seat.

I think TT1 was a coincidence :

PD dev: yo Kaz, this physics model would work for bikes, you know...

Kaz: how much work do you reckon it would take?

PD dev: nothing compared to GT4, only need a few months...

Kaz: Yeh crack on son, sounds great!

Kaz is a car guy. I can't see his 'vision' reaching to bikes, hence my theory above.

I just hope that they do somthing similar for TT2.

Alot of people slated TT for having/being based on a 4 wheel physics model, yet it got a lot of praise for having the most fun physics of any bike game ever. Even today people say the same.

If they can simply do a carbon copy of TT1 on the gt6 physics with 50 or so premium, modern sports bikes, and all the tracks off gt6, I'll be over the moon.

I found my copy of TT yesterday, and my ps2, so it'll be getting fired up soon for a blast.

I think GT takes up so much of their time, that TT will always take a back seat.

I think TT1 was a coincidence :

PD dev: yo Kaz, this physics model would work for bikes, you know...

Kaz: how much work do you reckon it would take?

PD dev: nothing compared to GT4, only need a few months...

Kaz: Yeh crack on son, sounds great!

Kaz is a car guy. I can't see his 'vision' reaching to bikes, hence my theory above.

I just hope that they do somthing similar for TT2.

Alot of people slated TT for having/being based on a 4 wheel physics model, yet it got a lot of praise for having the most fun physics of any bike game ever. Even today people say the same.

If they can simply do a carbon copy of TT1 on the gt6 physics with 50 or so premium, modern sports bikes, and all the tracks off gt6, I'll be over the moon.

I found my copy of TT yesterday, and my ps2, so it'll be getting fired up soon for a blast.

Never seen it for sale anywhere , lucky git

I've never seen a copy in person, or even heard anyone (other than my dad briefly mention it) talk about it either. Was it a big selling game, such as in the same bracket as GT4/5?

If not, then I think it's unlikely that PD will make a TT2 or include bikes in GT. I can only hope that someone else makes a bike sim.

I got it when it was new, seen a couple of copies at my local CEX over the years. Don't know why anyone would ever trade it in!
I still have my receipt of the game from 2007.

:D
IWas it a big selling game, such as in the same bracket as GT4/5?
Not even close. Going by vgchartz (I know, I know, not the most reliable source), the last time I checked, it managed a pitiful 650K+.

It wasn't really marketed, it was just a pet project and something of a labour of love. At the very least, it was an experiment. I don't know if we can even tell if it was financially successful (the lack of marketing would skew that in strange ways, I think).

That would explain why nobody really knows of its existence, outside of a small enthusiastic group. I seem to recall Kaz was quite pleased with both allowing it to happen, and the result achieved with the game itself.

It wasn't really marketed, it was just a pet project and something of a labour of love. At the very least, it was an experiment. I don't know if we can even tell if it was financially successful (the lack of marketing would skew that in strange ways, I think).

That would explain why nobody really knows of its existence, outside of a small enthusiastic group. I seem to recall Kaz was quite pleased with both allowing it to happen, and the result achieved with the game itself.
I agree.

Kaz wants to make the best car game ever, and if an excellent bike game happens as a bi product, then so be it.

It's a shame if this is the case, as TT is exceptional in its own right.

God, TT is a great game. Played it recently after I found my old PS2 in the closet...it's so much fun, riding bikes gives me much more pleasure than driving cars in GT6. (Already bought Component cable for my PS2 :D NTSC version of TT can be played in 1080i resolution!) It feels great when you manage to drive smooth, learn how to break, how to go in turns, how to use crouching...also FPP view is priceless...it looks so real, so dynamic! Motorcycles, definitely YES!!! I want it! No matter in what form - DLC for GT6, TT2, just please release it for PS3 :D i don't want to buy PS4 yet.

Imagine online bike racing... :embarrassed:

TT was the ****. I loved that game and im a certified bike nut. It was awesome. Not much in the way of customizing but definitely worth it.

As someone who is a TT fan and still breaks out the PS2 to play TT from time to time, Id love to see bikes in GT6 but Im not holding my breath.
They could do it. Perhaps they could get rid of the karts or the Red Bull races and replace them with bikes.
I mean, we can have 30 versions of the same car but cant have bikes, really???

The bikes don't look too bad having played the game recently, perhaps helped by the lower resolution (but photomode doesn't reveal too much ugliness, except the usual texture work, which is slightly better as a result of the smaller area of a bike). They're certainly better looking than the Standards, but still not quite up to the "Premium look" people would prefer.

There is absolutely no need to remove anything from GT6 in "exchange".

Even if it happens by some miracle, just imagine the scene how ridiculous would moto-GT6 look like, something like GTA, car drivers knocking down the bikes and running over the motorcyclists...
Actually it seems like a good idea. 💡

Back