Multi-monitor support in GT6?

• Thread starter Jope_Fin
  • 337 comments
Hmm. Ok. 2 things I noticed on that list that I'm not doing. UPnP on my PS3 is disabled and I have BGM running. Although in online lobbies I never get my BGM, I get PD's. Will change those things and see if it helps anything. I could have sworn I read somewhere to turn off the UPnP.

Last edited:
Just checked my router settings and it appears UPnP is enabled but the PS3 states, when connection test is run that UPnP is Not Available.

Did you enable UPnP via the PS3?

This is useful link http://www.ports3658.com/2012/05/static-ip-address-ps3-wired-lan.html

See the second last screen shot

I did.

Here is where I found the UPnP setting on the router and what my PS3 settings look like at the moment.

RouterUPnP.PNG

PS3Connectionstatus2.jpg

PS3ConnectionStatus1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, here is a new multi monitor video of an online spec race, I am testing out a few different things. I start in 7th and finish 3rd.

- cycle different camera view every lap
- wide angle view with the camera closer to actual eye position while driving
- 1080/60fps
- anti-glare panel over part of the left screen.

Looks like I have to work on the ambient lighting.

Has anyone heard of someone "stitching" together videos from a capture of three screens in GT?

I have recently bought a video capture device, and I had this idea of running a replay three times, capturing each screen's video content from a replay, and editing them together side by side. So far, I can't find software which would do that.

Hi just wondered how all of this work.
Triple screen = 3 tv's 3 ps 3 and 3 gt6 but how you synchronise it?? Via internet? Or there's a connection between them?

Hi just wondered how all of this work.
Triple screen = 3 tv's 3 ps 3 and 3 gt6 but how you synchronise it?? Via internet? Or there's a connection between them?

You can do it through the built in wifi or through a regular router/hub, no internet required. One ps3 feeds a signal to the other ones, it's actually all quite simple in practice. And once it's setup it's pretty much as easy as starting up the game. 👍

You can do it through the built in wifi or through a regular router/hub, no internet required. One ps3 feeds a signal to the other ones, it's actually all quite simple in practice. And once it's setup it's pretty much as easy as starting up the game. 👍
Thank you but all this effort and money spend and all of it depends on router?
Not for me but thanx anywY

Thank you but all this effort and money spend and all of it depends on router?
Not for me but thanx anywY

I use a simple 4 port (3 used) Ethernet switch connected to my router/modem. If the router dies, which in my experience is highly unlikely, the system keeps going using the switch. The reason for choosing to use the switch is twofold. One is that allows me to have just one cable going from my racing rig to the router, the other is to save router ports. Oh, and a switch is very cheap and very reliable.

I don't understand the problem. What's wrong with a router or switch or hub?
Most of my time in gt is on online series, if I understand it properly connection is via router or wifi, problem will come in peak time where signal is weak and still it have to split in to 3 consoles.
If you race online you know that lagging by someone on track won't bring any good. On last race one guy was lagging that much that he caused damage to three cars in 30 secs. And lag was huge, aprox. 30 metres jump

Most of my time in gt is on online series, if I understand it properly connection is via router or wifi, problem will come in peak time where signal is weak and still it have to split in to 3 consoles.
If you race online you know that lagging by someone on track won't bring any good. On last race one guy was lagging that much that he caused damage to three cars in 30 secs. And lag was huge, aprox. 30 metres jump

You say "router or wifi", these are two entirely different things. If you are using wifi to connect your PS3 to your router, you can expect less than optimal performance. Go wired! And race with wired people only.

When using multi screen, only the server PS3 is communicating over the internet connection. The clients only communicate with the server.

No, the side monitors have no effect on the network/online performance of your gaming. Mine aren't even logged on to the internet, they're just sending a simple signal locally through the router.

an open question I still have. makes sense to use a "gigabit ethernet switch," or is a "fast ethernet switch" is sufficient for the 3 ps3?

rico greeting from germany

an open question I still have. makes sense to use a "gigabit ethernet switch," or is a "fast ethernet switch" is sufficient for the 3 ps3?

rico greeting from germany

You don't need gigE.

New sub-topic.

Has anyone tried using multiple 3D TVs with either GT5 or GT6?

I'm guessing the result could be confusing when objects span the gaps between the screens, but if it works without causing nausea, it could be quite exciting?

Some new additions to the Triple 93" projection screens setup !!

Recently installed on the Playseat Evolution:
- Thrustmaster T500RS wheel/pedals set
- TH8RS 7-speed manual shifter
- Playseat SeatSlider and Floor Mat

Old Logitech G25 set, owned since 2007, has been retired to a portable WheelStand Pro, for living room or multiplayer sessions.

rxx1gjqu1so4sx56g.jpg

9k28kyhywqaqdds6g.jpg

lood6nrnr6gsm046g.jpg

vubf8djy38i4b3m6g.jpg

oa1ex2b5ulksbp66g.jpg

uerelryg3tiwgui6g.jpg

Below some videos of PS3 GT6, in triple screen (rough footage captured with a Galaxy S3 phone)

Below some sketches from the planning phase (in 2011-2012)
8izbukaxlajj1jofg.jpg

The triple screens are in a half-hexagon shape, Angle of Screen Curvature of 120 degrees, with a Screen Angle value of 69%, just like in the Gran Turismo official Support page.
So if the viewer sits in the center of the hexagon, and everything is aligned, it is close to 180° surround display.
c0nk7q0z2bmi45rfg.jpg

ara
Here is another experiment where the camera is mounted to my head as I avoid opponents online. It surprised me how much I spontaneously lean through the turns.

I do it too, and it even feels like it helps the car's stability in corners! Sure, I know it's not possible.

Hi all

I am running GT6 multi-monitor on 3 22" screens that I took from my old flight-sim/sim racing setup, and it runs great. I love it and can't stop playing.

I think the game runs very smoothly since I decreased the vertical FOV, which means there is less of the world for each PS-3 to render. (I learned alot about FOV from setting up a sim racing rig). I am using a T500rs with the Basher Brake Mod Pedals and the Ferrari Rim.

I did notice that you need to have a true gigabit ethernet switch, I started with a 100mbs switch and the screens would stall/pause, un-sync, and render very slowly especially on some of the more demanding races with lots of AI, all those problems were solved by switching to an gigabit hub.

I was thinking one day to put all the PS3 into a dedicated box so that all the cableing gets hidden, but that is down the line, this thing is like having a high end arcade racer in your home! I love it.

Back